Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: THE KAPTAN RESTAURANT  (Read 3424 times)

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
THE KAPTAN RESTAURANT
« on: November 10, 2008, 09:28:22 PM »
My wife and I discovered the delightful Kaptan Restaurant whilst strolling through the quieter areas of Kalkan 3 weeks ago for somehere ''different'' to have dinner. After walking past the Korsan Fish Terrace on our left we eventually came to The Kaptan and stopped to look at their menu. Janet came out and chatted to us and told us about their special dishes and we noted the lovely view from the tables over the harbour entrance. Everything about it seemed so laid back and peaceful, so after some more wandering we returned, Janet greeting us with a big smile. We then had one of the best meals ever in Kalkan. I had minced lamb in crispy pancakes with salad followed by fish cakes in a special sauce. My wife had lentil soup and stuffed chicken. Janet came over a chatted to us and introduced her husband Ali with whom she runs Kaptan. The background music was unobtrusive and very listenable, mainly unfamiliar Latin jazzy stuff, but very good. Suffice to say we returned for lunch and dinner the next day and had more lovely food, and
now count Janet and Ali as new friends.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2587.0
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!

Offline Mags

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 63
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: THE KAPTAN RESTAURANT
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 11:26:23 AM »
I''d like to endorse this favourable report. We have had several meals at Kaptan this year - each one excellent. The mantar chicken especially. And the desserts: chocolate surprise (which I have had so many times that it''s no surprise now) and the baked peaches (when in season). (Although Janet & Ali are near neighbours of ours in Kalkan, we have no financial interest in their business, so I hope this posting doesn''t infringe EK rules!).

Offline tonyholmes

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 07:38:22 PM »
We have enjoyed Kaptan''s restaurant for several years now, and have seen the whole team go from strength to strength. In our opinion it enjoys the best view in town and the food is rather wonderful too!!Ali and Janet are truly professional and so welcoming.  Tony and Liz "Bellamina" apartment Emir.

Offline KalkanPosh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 10:13:24 PM »
This is a lovely place to stop for a beer/ glass of wine and a light snack too. I have very fond memories of sitting here with a beer with my friend on New Year''s Eve last year..great company in brilliant sunshine. Kalkan at its best! We missed the party as we were on the harbour at Trio...but it was lovely to be invited! :)

Offline JayneyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 10:53:16 PM »
Yes I agree with all the previous comments. The Kaptan is our favourite restaurant because of the wonderful food and excellent service and the location and views are fabulous and the ambience is very relaxed.  We do try new restaurants, but return to the Kaptan year after year.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kaptan Restaurant

Started by elcee on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post February 18, 2010, 12:49:52 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Kaptan Restaurant Jazz Night

Started by LancashireLass on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post May 27, 2012, 01:06:26 AM
by Skunk
xx
Kaptan

Started by rog sneddon on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post July 28, 2010, 03:38:26 PM
by Babs
xx
Kaptan wine and Tapas

Started by The Engineer on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post June 18, 2010, 11:48:16 PM
by AllanChris

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

EK 70s Night

Views: 3828
By: Enjoy Kalkan
flying pea pod!