Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First time in |Turkey  (Read 2703 times)

Offline jarvis108

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
First time in |Turkey
« on: September 30, 2008, 11:02:04 PM »
Hi

My family and I are going to Kalkan October half term (24 - 31) and wonderedwhat are the best child friendly places to eat and visit - they are 9, 6 and 4 we are staying in a villa

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2455.0

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: First time in |Turkey
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 10:12:50 AM »
The Kaya restaurant (by the second roundabout going up from the old town) is great with children as Kadir will do some magic for them and he also makes animals with baloons. We also fiond the Akin, pizza and pasta restaurant good with children (one level up from the harbour and next to the Doy Doy restaurant). Wherever you go they love children and will make them welcome.

Offline kalcamp

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 06:21:26 PM »
Hi jarvis,
  Try the beach club at Kisla,it''s confusingly called kalkan beach club, but never mind, they have a slide that the kids love, it''s 5 ytl for all day use. Also in the sea at kalamar beach club and at the public kalkan beach they have a floating platform which the kids can climb on and then jump into the sea from,
           great!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 11:35:32 AM »
A trip to Patara Beach might be right up your street...gorgeous sandy beach with great waves. Beds and parasols for hire, snack bar on site, a bit of history and loads about the Turtles to educate your children - all in one location :)
If you don''t have a hire car you can get a bus, it''s very close by and a good day out. Kaputas beach is closer but doesn''t have the same facilities and is quite a climb back up for small children.

As for restaurants, there seemed to be a lot of children in the Kebab House on the front when we were there....but it might have been because they had the sweetest little puppies  ;)
Anyway, its good simple food and very reasonably priced if the puppies now have a home.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lougie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 02:51:21 PM »
Doesn''t one of the beach clubs have a floating trampoline?

There is a nice children''s play area near Kalkan beach, I would say most of the restaurants will cater for children & most of them will cook whatever you ask them, within reason, supermarkets also have a good choice of food, the best supermarkets are Tesko & the Yali.

I think Kalkan or Turkey in general is a great place for kids, they will be safe, happy & adored by the locals, they truly love kids, Turkish people don''t believe in children should be seen and not heard.

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 03:06:05 PM »
Yes. Kalamar Beach Club has a big trampoline (I think there is a pic in the photo gallery).  Depends on how strong your children are at swimming because the only access to the sea is by steps.  But it is great fun there and there are pedaloes and canoes that can be used free of charge. ;D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 03:11:38 PM by turkeyfan »
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

thumbup
FIRST TIME IN TURKEY/KALKAN

Started by marlo on Holiday Reports and Reviews

6 Replies
Last post June 12, 2008, 11:26:34 PM
by Reygirl
recycled
Not just Kalkan.....first time to Turkey!

Started by welshgal on General Discussion

30 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 10:53:05 PM
by welshgal
xx
First time visitors to Turkey/Kalkan

Started by Ainsley on Introduce Yourself

24 Replies
Last post July 26, 2012, 08:17:44 PM
by Joeyloveskalkan
xx
Young couple..first time going to Turkey and Kalkan!!

Started by lucyandsteven88 on Introduce Yourself

10 Replies
Last post May 29, 2010, 02:04:46 PM
by lucyandsteven88

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Meis

Views: 3489
By: cer
Kalkan Harbour