Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: getting married in Kalkan  (Read 7048 times)

Offline angi

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
getting married in Kalkan
« on: September 01, 2008, 09:20:42 PM »
I love Kalkan and would love to get marrid there in two years time! Has anybody had a wedding or been  guest at one if so i would love to hear all about it and get any tips you have to offer!

Thanx

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2317.0

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: getting married in Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 09:34:45 PM »
Hi angi
Have a look at this thread

http://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php/topic,99.0.htmli

Friends of ours got married last June by the pool at the Korsan Apartments. It was a quiet low key affair, just as they wanted, but it was lovely and the Staff there made it a really special and wonderful day for them and their guests. I am sure you will have a wonderful day.
Joan

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 09:35:56 PM »
There was a wedding at the Meldi hotel - 2 years ago - which we were present at as we were guests at the hotel at the time!  It was wonderful and the Meldi did the happy couple proud - they took care of all the arrangements - there are some pictures of it on their website www.meldihotel.com

If you want any more info - PM me or contact the Meldi!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline hellothere

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 10:14:41 PM »
Hi

We are getting married in Kalkan next May - can''t wait!!!

x

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 09:58:42 AM »
We are having a small wedding reception in Kalkan in the next 2 weeks, so will let you know how we get on. We haven''t booked anything yet but will have a look around and then decide once we arrive on the 10th September.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline DawnT

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 11:29:42 AM »
The Kalkan Regency Hotel hold weddings and reception - fantastic location.  Our friends renewed their vows on their 25th Wedding anniversary aboard the Regency''s Gullet - The Poseidon, it happened at sunset in the bay - how romantic.

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 11:46:20 AM »
It was our wedding in May which the Feds attended at the Mediteran Hotel. It was a wonderful day and everything went without a hitch. We had over 150 people, which proved no problem at all for the Mediteran team.

Our day began at the hairdresser where we arrived for the grooms traditional shave and my blow dry to find traditional Turkish wedding musicians waiting for us, (arranged with great thought by our hairdresser, thank you Yusuf) As our guests arrived for their hair appointments, we danced, drank, and far from having any pre-wedding nerves, became completely relaxed.

We were driven through the village accompanied by the traditional musicians, stopping at almost every restaurant where we were cheered and toasted by all the staff.

When we arrived at the Mediteran we were overwhelmed by the attention to detail. Every table was beautifully decorated, flowers everywhere, a bower of flowers had been erected on the terrace below the hotel where we stood when the Governor of Kas gave his blessing.

The music was superb, the DJ pleased everyone, not always an easy task when the guests are both Turkish and non-Turkish. Our first guests arrived at 3 in the afternoon, the last ones left at midnight.

We had a wonderful wedding cake - 7 tiers of delicious sponge, strawberries and cream. Our oldest guest was 90, our youngest 3 months. Everything went without a hitch. It was a day we will never forget. We had thought of getting married in the UK but Kalkan is our home and we chose to be here amongst friends. It was the best decision we could have made.

So my recommendation without hesitation would be the Mediteran.

Good luck and much happiness for your special event.

Lantana

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 11:49:48 AM »
I''m not sure if I am allowed to put in a link to another site (please tell me and remove post, if I can''t).

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=38443 has a whole thread dedicated to getting married in Turkey and I think www.kalkanconcierge.com can also help with wedding planning.

Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
getting married in Kalkan- never been!!!

Started by Ania on Introduce Yourself

5 Replies
Last post July 12, 2012, 04:22:58 PM
by Ania
xx
Getting Married in Kalkan

Started by Denners on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post September 25, 2011, 01:33:49 PM
by Chucky
xx
getting married in kalkan

Started by kevywevy on General Discussion

19 Replies
Last post March 09, 2009, 05:57:13 PM
by DRBD
xx
Getting married in Kalkan

Started by dylanleeds on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post November 13, 2009, 08:31:06 AM
by xnipec

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal