Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Deniz Bank payments  (Read 4448 times)

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Deniz Bank payments
« on: August 20, 2008, 06:40:48 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that Denis bank have put up the monthly charge for operating standing orders to pay TEDAŞ bılls from an account. It increased in January 2007 by 50% from 2YTL per month to 3YTL.
Now they have increased it from July by 33% to 4YTL.
Does anyone know what the other banks in the village are charging?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2260.0
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
Re: Deniz Bank payments
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 10:41:48 AM »
Just had another look at Deniz Bank account and noticed that so far this year I have paid 26YTL in bank charges and 26.79YTL in electricity bills. Is it worth it?

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 06:30:08 PM »
Have you got a wind turbine on your property!! or just no one staying??

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 09:52:28 PM »
Only there for 5 weeks and our cow shed does not have a pool, tv or outside lights. We do spend a small fortune on candles though!

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 10:21:46 PM »
I didn''t realise either that the Turkish Banks charge just for having an account. Have now drawn out our money, which we were keeping in it just for an emergency, as our neighbour generally pays our bills. Why not just pay the bills next time you''re in Kalkan.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 08:29:02 AM »
We find that banking service here is good and charges very reasonable. I agree with John, why should we expect to get professional banking services for nothing. ?

Our bank does provide us with all sorts of free services, we receive advice on everything from saving schemes to car insurance, they engage in lengthy discussions about the Turkish economy and the implications that might have on our plans (offering objective advice) they will find out information for us when we have questions about how things work here and we always get offered a cup of tea. Of course the chargeable services help subsidise all this but it is still great customer service.

Lantana

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 09:33:26 AM »
If we were living in Kalkan or staying for longer than our 2 weeks at a time, then we''d need a bank account and would accept the small charge without question. We''d had our account for almost 2 years since buying our apartment (we thought we''d need one to pay our bills) but hadn''t used it at all which is why we withdrew the little amount of money that was in it when we were last in Kalkan.

A work colleague here in the UK was paying £12 per month for the privilege of having a huge overdraft facility (which he never used) and travel insurance which he never used but bought himself an annual policy! I believe he''s now changing his bank account. So I agree 3YTL is very reasonable and maybe one day we''ll be in that enviable position of having to use a Turkish bank account for our everyday living.

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 10:21:39 AM »
My original post was regarding the steep increases and to try and encourage a discussion to find cheaper alternatives if possible. Sounds as if I have stepped on a bankers toes though.
As a consumer I have the right to ameliorate the charges the bank makes if I can, I don''t expect something for nothing but, will accept it when offered, as any reasonable individual would.
Anyway, doesn''t ''free'' bank current accounts in the UK originate from the fact that the banks can loan 5 (or is it 7?) times more than is on deposit, thereby making money from the interest on those loans? Plus of course there is now a healthy competition for your custom. There are 4 or 5 banks in the village, why should there not be competition between them and a different scale of charges?
I don''t understand how anyone can defend an effective 100% increase in 18 months without any notification to the customer, not even by email.

So, to go back to my original question, does anyone know what the other banks charge for operating standing orders?

Offline Gary

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 01:48:52 PM »
Have a look yourself, all the banks websites are in english as well. don''t  expect everyone to do your work for you. it seems you have the time to look it up,add some thing positive for a change and if are can not afford the 26ytl you know the answer

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 02:35:43 PM »
OOOH, a bit sharp, Gary!!!!
Was it unlucky 13 for this post. ;D
Many of the questions that are asked on the forum can be answered by "looking yourself" but we try to help others.
Joan
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 02:38:06 PM by joanH »

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 04:58:02 PM »
It''s OK Joan, bound to get a few less helpful posts now and then.
Perhaps Gary could have posted the links to the pages that detail the various banks'' charges though, ''cos I can''t find them, (this time or when I looked before my first post). That would have been positive!

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 05:15:32 PM »

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 06:01:25 PM »
current accounts where a minimum of two utility bills have been paid through an automatic standing order (Account service fee is not charged for these accounts if at least one utility bill payment is made between  March 31-June 30, 2008 and if these two utility bills are still active.)

Thanks for that littlelin. I had actually seen it, it took a couple of minutes to figure it out. But what I am guessing it means is that; as long as at least 2 bills are paid through them, 1 of which must be in the period stated, then the bi-annual account service charge is waived, providing you continue to route your utility bills through them.
Unfortunately, it doesn''t state whether there is any other charge for actually operating the direct debit. I guess there really is no alternative to schlepping around the banks when I go out next month. Waste of a days holiday all that queuing. But, on a more positive note, just think of all that free tea.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Transfer of money from uk bank (Halifax) to Deniz Bank

Started by tonik on Money & Finance

6 Replies
Last post July 10, 2009, 10:51:35 PM
by Possums
xx
deniz bank

Started by mollyozzie on Money & Finance

4 Replies
Last post January 10, 2017, 04:30:59 PM
by mollyozzie
xx
Deniz Bank

Started by aellis on Money & Finance

6 Replies
Last post May 14, 2018, 06:24:59 PM
by johnny
xx
Deniz Bank

Started by caradog on Money & Finance

1 Replies
Last post December 26, 2008, 02:30:39 PM
by baclava

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Handbag cat

Views: 3038
By: saskia
Harbour mosque