Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Taxi Dispute  (Read 33564 times)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
Re: Taxi Dispute
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 08:36:01 AM »
You have to remember that Brits are world class at focusing on the negative items in any situation......

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 09:20:49 AM »
Jofoss ... if all the English leave, the Germans, Dutch, Russians and Scandanavians will come to replace them.  Saw this happen on the Côte d''Azur in France also.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 10:01:39 AM »
Em

Risky stuff, suggesting that we accentuate the positive.  Any previous attempt to do so has been likened to sweeping Kalkan''s problems under the rug, as has suggestion that we try to maintain some sense of proportion.  As Misty says, where would the average Brit be without anything to moan about (this relates to the taxi-related comments, far less to the crime wave strand)?  I doubt that I will ever consider not returning to Kalkan, but I wonder if avoiding this previously marvellous forum might be a way forward.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Resident: No
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 10:34:59 AM »
Eniste,

Hope you done avoid the forum, with the new MMR policy the old days of "flaming" others are long gone.. as will the member be if they try it!  ;D

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 10:39:30 AM »
John

For what it''s worth, I am going nowhere (fast)!  I still quite enjoy a bit of banter on here.

Strange that your MMR policy was introduced just as reports of measles outbreaks appears in the news!  If we have the jab, do you think we will allstart being positive about Kalkan again?

Nick

Offline Chris18648

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 10:58:59 AM »
 ;D I was wondering what measles had to do with the forum. !!!

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 11:00:50 AM »
MMR - Member Mutual Respect or Measles, Mumps and Rubella? 

It''s just a little joke.  Please DO NOT think that Kalkan has now been struck down with a measles epidemic, even if pestilence is the next plague due, just before the locusts.

Sorry to have tried to raise a titter and clearly failed.  I''''ll get my coat......  Taxi!!! (just to keep this on topic)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 11:03:16 AM by EniÅŸte »

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 11:10:40 AM »
Cosetta,

Perhaps it was a rather flippant response on my part. Indeed others will come and of course not all will stay away. However, the issues remain and there seems to be no way of resolving them. This has gone on since last summer and seems to be escalating.

I will be back again in September and am looking forward to it as always. I just feel that my ability to enjoy all that Kalkan has to offer is now limited by the restrictive pratices being employed.

Offline annaron

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 11:47:33 AM »
well we have just had communication from the travel company to state that the free shuttle from the samira deluxe is no longer available. Ah! well good exercise for us and we hopefully will loose weight, walking up and down the hill, even with all the good food,   

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2008, 12:00:14 PM »
Remember that the road is now a dead end.....unless you fancy jumping down a good few feet onto the new road.....we stay just above the SD and used to catch the bus...infact it was stopped last year but its a nice walk into the village.

We will plan our new route next Monday when we arrive.

Misty

Offline annaron

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 12:20:21 PM »
no jumping for me, well it will be an experience, I do not know the place as it is my first time, still looking forward to the holiday no matter what happens

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 12:43:15 PM »
Just out of curiosity - there are some 50+ taxi drivers who seem to be able to impose their will on the supermarkets - hotels - beach clubs - restaurants -and even maybe the Jandarma and the Belediye
These others must have some influence, so why don''t they do something collectively to halt this situation which must be causing grief to all of them.
What mystical hold do these drivers have and on whom and why?? - does anyone know ?

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2008, 01:08:58 PM »
I think maybe us Brits do like something to moan about, (take the weather for example) BUT far more so use brits will not stand Bullies who are acting above the law and I believe that is why this subject creates such passionate responses.

yes of course there are many great things about Kalkan but lets no kid ourselves it is paradise.
Human nature will focus on what spoils a holiday rather than what makes a holiday. If what spoils a holiday can be eliminated by going elsewhere then that''s what people will do. (at least that is what i will do).

For all that are staying at the Samira Deluxe  in the near future -You will have a great holiday and the route into town is pretty much unchanged (no jumping required).
I have taken a number of photos showing where the road is and a view from the SD (PM me if you want copies) 

Offline pas8

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2008, 01:20:19 PM »
at the samira deluxe today nice place sitting at the bar now walk into town not bad back up a long way!
have not used a taxi out of principal apart from going to the kalamar beach club 15 lira each way.
no shuttle buses no lifts from the shops but they will transport the shopping.

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008, 01:24:26 PM »
So the Kalamar don''t pay for the taxi to their beachclub anymore, pas8?

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2008, 01:35:31 PM »
Surely if they stopped supermarkets from delivering, they could charge even more for carrying baggage!

I agree with blue fudge that Kalkan is not paradise, but it is hardly EnjoyKalkan Safety - Text Censored province either, which seems to be the overall picture presented to a new poster here.  Human nature is not always to look on the dark side (unless, like me, you support Spurs).  I think that once this storm in a teacup blows over, human nature for many will be to remember the good times we have all had in Kalkan, how the positives hugely outweigh the negatives and block out the all-powerful cabbies and some other annoyances.

Those that choose to move on - good luck finding somewhere better.  Perhaps you can send us an EK postcard if/when you do!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 12:06:27 AM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2008, 01:38:01 PM »
Mrs B  -  kalamar Beach club are no longer allowed to pay for taxis either way - though they have reduced sunbed hire slightly to try and compensate.

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2008, 02:07:40 PM »
Thanks for the info, bluefudge11...makes budgeting for the hols a bit easier.
Mr B is gonna have a grumble about this as he enjoys getting taxis and not paying for them!!  ;)

Offline kalcamp

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2008, 04:36:13 PM »
Hi Kevincat98,
  In answer to your question, not that I know, it might be worth trying to get to the bottom of some of the local politics in Kalkan. We''ve all heard about some of the less pleasant stuff that goes on here, perhaps it''s time to ask why.
 Remember every taxi driver and member of his family gets a vote
whereas villa owners and tourists don''t.

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2008, 04:44:05 PM »
Hi Kalkamp
I am sure that is part of the answer - but I just wonder why they don''t see where this could lead
Whilst villa owners and tourists don''t have a political vote they can very easily vote with their feet and not come here !!
But why are the drivers apparently allowed to break the law and strongarm other parties into submission - that''s what we need someone to find out

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
Taxi prices

Started by nerissa on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post July 02, 2010, 10:33:21 PM
by bwp
xx
taxi number

Started by deepasforever1 on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post July 22, 2011, 07:13:35 AM
by deepasforever1
xx
Kalkan taxi

Started by alisa_wonder on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post June 06, 2018, 06:11:13 PM
by DRBD
grin
Cheaper than a Taxi!

Started by Rudolf Hucka on The Everything Else Area!

7 Replies
Last post July 15, 2008, 07:17:35 PM
by Chris18648

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal