Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hoping to return to Kalkan.  (Read 2020 times)

Offline clara48

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hoping to return to Kalkan.
« on: July 11, 2008, 11:48:37 AM »
Returned from first visit to Kalkan two weeks ago. Absolutely fell in love with the place, the scenery was breathtaking, great food and the locals were the friendliest, kindest people ever, couldn''t do enough for us, made many Turkish friends. The only fly in the ointment was that I was apartment bound for a few days with a tummy bug but could still sit on the balcony and enjoy the views and people watch so it wasn''t all bad. My husband still had his afternoon walkabout calling in for his daily chat with the locals and his essential dose of Efes (he''s hooked and missing it since we got home!!) As we couldn''t do all we had planned we are thinking of returning again this summer just wondering what the weather is like in September, it was very hot when we were there, and would it be a bit too quiet in October, not sure when everthing starts to close down? Determined to return, didn''t think you could get so hooked on a place after only just one visit, fantastic!! 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1952.0

Offline JACQUIVIVA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Hoping to return to Kalkan.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 12:11:10 PM »
We went at the beginning of last September weather really warm,abit of a breeze at night a wrap or cardigan should be enough. We had one really big downpour then it was back to sunshine great fun standing under a cover at the bar with a drink in hand and watching everyone tidy up afterwards. Hope this helps, you just fall in love with the place we are going back in August this year. Wish we could have some sun here looks like rain again in Nottingham.

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 12:30:29 PM »
We''ve been going in the last week in October for years now. Last year the weather wasn''t great - to say the least! - but usually it''s lovely. The village is quieter than in high summer but most places are still open.

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 12:46:25 PM »

Hi Clara48....

Myself and partner travel to Kalkan each September. I can confirm that the weather is great at this time of year. Temps will be around the 85 - 95 degree mark with the evenings cooler than in high summer but very comfortable. You may see a couple of showers which can be heavy as you would in most areas of the Mediterranean at this time of the year. A lot of people find September to be the best month to visit. My parents often visit in the first 2 weeks of October, again the weather is generally good with a slightly lower temp and a greater chance of showers.

Regards

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 02:29:27 PM »
September is definitely the best month and October isn''t far behind. We never go in JUly or August because it''s just too hot (and the air fares are higher too,but that''s another matter). In September the sea is lovely and warm, the main-season crowds are gone so it''s a bit more relaxed but it is definitely not too quiet - even into the last week of October most of the restaurants are still open. The only problem you might find is that accommodation tends to get booked early for September!

Offline clara48

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 01:54:37 PM »
Thanks for all your advice again, giving it some thought and looking on the web for an apartment/villa maybe nearer the old town this time. If we decided instead to go over the August Bank Holiday period is it likely to be very busy there, like to see plenty of people about but don''t like it too crowded? Also is it likely to be much hotter than maybe the middle of September? Mind you the horrible weather we''re having in Wales at the moment don''t think we''d complain about the heat and it''s a good excuse to chill down with a nice cold Efes. Thanks again!! :laugh:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Hoping to return after 8 years

Started by tanya on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post July 20, 2010, 03:33:10 PM
by tanya
xx
Rhapsody Hotel- hoping it was the right choice!

Started by kizzy on Accommodation and Hotels

6 Replies
Last post February 03, 2017, 05:50:00 PM
by Anne
xx
Would not return to Kalkan

Started by merengo on Holiday Reports and Reviews

34 Replies
Last post September 10, 2008, 06:38:48 PM
by kalcamp
smiley
Hi, planning to return to Kalkan next year

Started by summerdreams on Introduce Yourself

5 Replies
Last post August 28, 2014, 08:26:04 PM
by summerdreams

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal