Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Can anyone help  (Read 11797 times)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Can anyone help
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2008, 04:45:32 PM »
Please can we try and keep closer to the topic

Thanks  :D

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2008, 09:43:31 PM »
Our apartment is just off the Kalamar Road, we pass the Elixir Hotel on our way home, and we can see the Kalamar Hotel from our balcony. We did get a slight noise from the new road workings but it was more just like a background noise. We only seem to get disturbed at night by the barking dogs apart from that its fairly quiet. Not too much passing traffic either day or night. The Elixir would be closer to town and an easier walk. I''ve never been in either hotel so can''t comment on them.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline marking

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2008, 11:44:22 PM »
Well Felicity, you have the proud title of ''EK Helper'' next to your name, so why don''t you try to help. A little more honesty and a little less colour would be nice.Clearly your post does nothing to help Karen who asks ''can anyone help'' but does everything to mislead her. I assume people come to Kalkan for the quietness of it and this you''ll find in Kalamar, there is no noise from the new road ,no building work going on. If its roadworks, thumping music and traffic noise you want then there are plenty of other places to go in Kalkan. I assume you live in Kalkan all year round because of the amount you have to say about the place, why don''t you pop over to Kalamar for the day have a coffee and a bit of lunch and have a swim in the bay and then you''ll know exactly what it''s like there, then you can inform people because you''ll know for certain. Speculation and rhetoric doesn''t help anyone

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2008, 12:57:47 PM »
I was in Kalamar 5 weeks ago, it was very quiet and peaceful, no noise from the new road, must admit there was noise last August from the new road due to the blasting of the rocks!!

And from what I have seen when I walk past the Elixir it looks FAB and deffo 4 stars.

The Kalamar Hotel I believe they have just refurbished this.

And Karen if you google Elixir hotel Kalkan you will be able to see for yourself what the hotel looks like!!!

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2008, 03:00:57 PM »

Hi all.....

I too would like to state that when walking from Kalamar Bay into Kalkan and therefore passing The Elixir it really does look a good hotel. It is certainly in a quiet, peaceful location. The walk down into Kalkan should take approx 10 minutes with great views. I would guess if taking a taxi back uphill if you preferred not to walk you would be paying approx 7 ytl. I notice also that they may be affiliated in some way to The Old Trading House Restaurant in Kalkan, as i think they mention the restaurant outside the hotel.

Regarding the Kalamar Hotel. It will have great views across Kalamar Bay, but have not visited.

Potential noise, verses peace, tranquility and 15 minutes walk away from town.....i think i know where i would choose.

Regards and I''m sure you''ll have a great holiday wherever you stay Karen.

Offline BAS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2008, 03:29:14 PM »
Hi Karen and everyone

We own an apartment opposite the Elixir Hotel and can confirm that it is a very peaceful and quiet spot. I do not know from first hand what the hotel is like, but people we have spoken to have rated it highly.

Offline doug46b

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2008, 03:43:30 PM »
Hi,
     We own an apartment next door to the Elexir. I use the hotel for pre dinner drinks  and the staff are so helpful. :laugh: :) Ali the owner has been a friend for many years and yes he also owns The Old Trading House in the village. Yumee food.  Also in the basement of the hotel is a turkish bath. As well as an outside pool, they have an indoor pool on the top of the building (nice views).

Hope this helps

Regards   Doug

Offline Blackpool

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2008, 04:37:16 PM »
Hi,
     We own an apartment next door to the Elexir. I use the hotel for pre dinner drinks  and the staff are so helpful.

I''ll second that. The staff are good. We haven''t actually stayed at The Elixir but have had several good lunches there in the past. Great service, very good with children, and the pool and Jacuzzi look beautiful. Very handily located for Enes Tourism if you want to hire a car.

Offline vonnybabes

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2008, 08:01:30 PM »
Well Karen - I''m sure you''ve probably been to Kalkan by now and had a thoroughly enjoyable holiday, wherever you decided to stay!

However, in case you haven''t, and for the record - my friend and I visited Samira Deluxe two weeks ago to see our friends there.  It was our 8th time in Kalkan; three of those times we stayed at Samira Deluxe (we rent a private apartment now).  Yes, there were major roadworks going on directly in front of the aparts, yes it was noisy, and more importantly it was very dusty.  A friend who works there told us that even though they were fully booked, the poolside and bar were quiet as guests were deciding to use the beach clubs or take the dolmus to Patara or Kaputas because of this.

In spite of that, Samira Deluxe is still a great place to stay, particularly for the first-timer to Kalkan.  The staff are always very welcoming and make every effort to ensure that your stay is a good one.

The downside now is that the Samira courtesy shuttle bus is no longer able to operate due to the taxi dispute.  It''s a long and tricky walk to and from the village in high heels!

Vonny

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2008, 06:31:27 PM »
Vonny...high heels and Kalkan???? That''s as unlikely a pairing as Ossie Osborne and Princess Anne ;D
Tried it, won''t try it again anytime soon.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal