Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Can anyone help  (Read 11798 times)

Offline wilma

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Can anyone help
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 09:55:45 AM »
As Derya correctly stated the kelebek hotel is still owned and run by the same friendly family. as far as I am aware the new road is going to go no where near the Kelebek.
I don''t wish to sound rude to any of you regular users but would it not be better to get all facts and information correct before posting!!

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 10:06:07 AM »
Strange, because the current road goes very close to it.  But if this is wrong, I apologise.  If you write "I don''t wish to be rude", might it not be better to avoid doing so?  The reason that many post here is to offer what they know, to help add to the bigger picture.  As far as I know, if anyone knows everything and is sure of all of their facts, they have yet to appear on this forum, at least not for the last few weeks.....
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 10:22:21 AM by Eniste »

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 10:13:31 AM »
The phrase Doooh! springs to mind  :(
We are staying at the Samira Deluxe from July 24th - (booked independently so no offer of a change) - Thanks to the Feds for updating the photos.
It looks like walking from the Samira Deluxe to the petrol station to get the morning bread may be blocked off ? as would the route to the Bus Station ?  it''s hard to tell exactly from the photos. anyone know?

I hope it doesn''t spoil my hols too much - the peace and quiet whilst sitting by the pool is something I dream of for 50 wks of the year. (Beach club here we come!)

I would be interested if anyone is staying (has  stayed) at Samira very recently to hear their opinions.
Thanks BF  

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 12:18:36 PM »
I think there is some confusion here as to the three hotels/accommodation that bear the words "Samira" in their names. The Samira Deluxe is situated near to the main Kas Road, on the outskirts of Kalkan, the Samira Hotel is situated on the main street in Kalkan and the Samira Gardens which is just behind the Taxi rank and was formerly the Tekinberk Hotel.
Joan

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 12:33:50 PM »
Thanks for the clarity JoanH - The post was started about the Samira Deluxe and it''s proximity to roadwork noise -
I got a bit lost too when the ownership of hotels came into the discussion - a little off track me thinks.

Offline wilma

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 01:21:43 PM »
In reply Ensite and John I was actually asking people to get facts straight when it comes to local business that may be affected. As far as the new road is concerned, having just spoke to guys doing the road yes it will move further along the KaÅŸ road but they are only contracted to work up until the Otogar which is as far as they have got at the moment. The remainder of the work has yet to be contracted out, so who knows when the next phase will begin!

Offline Derya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 01:34:37 PM »
Blue Fudge with all due respects i think that if information has been misquoted and there is a possibilty that it could confuse people then i see no reason why it shouldnt be corrected. The Kelebek hotel is not owned by the Samira famiy and i was merely pointing this out so that any regular customers they may have are not confused.

Derya

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 01:42:29 PM »
Does this mean there are plans to widen the Kas Rd even further along? At what point will the M6-like multi-lane highway become the road it is now or are there plans to take the superhighway all the way to Kas ???
Being a bit NIMBY really, because we rent in Kormurluk and are not far from the Kas Road  :(

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 01:54:01 PM »
Derya - I am not against anyone making corrections to posts if facts are wrong, but with due respect too, I was merely pointing out that the thread was started about current noise at the Samira Deluxe and not who owns what hotel and how close the road may run to them - The Kas road debate in general is in another thread as John points out it is Kalkan Discussion > Flights, Travel & Transfers - New Road Into Kalkan

Offline kalkanlover22

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 02:28:56 PM »
blue fudge i will be staying at the deluxe same time as you but i go home on the 28th :( x

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 02:32:51 PM »
Earplugs all round then!  I am sure they will be complimentary from the Bar  ;D !

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Can anyone help?
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 03:25:52 PM »
Wilma

Your latest news is, albeit selfishly, the most positive I have heard in days/weeks, for which many thanks.  Sorry if I was a bit snappy earlier, but it was the prospect of living beside a major road that caused it!  Next year''s early retirement to Kalkan is now beginning to look positive again!  Main priority now is working out whether I can walk up from the new otogar to our place.  I may choose to sleep outside Yacht Point!

Nick
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 03:42:59 PM by Eniste »

Offline Mustafa Raki

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 05:47:43 PM »
Sorry Derya   got my Kelebek and Tekinberg mixed up    I meant Tekinberg   apologies

Offline Derya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 06:25:19 PM »
No need to apologise it was all cleared up!!!!! Even though i got my wrists slapped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Karen

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2008, 09:26:30 PM »
Update from my tour operator today who has it from his MD who is at the moment in Kalkan "All work is to stop on the new road until November" so there shouldn''t be a problem. If anyone is out in Kalkan at the moment it would be great if you could see if this is true? So looks like its the samira deluxe for us, hope to see you there Bluefudge.

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2008, 11:06:40 PM »
This is good news Karen - maybe I''ll leave the larger of my two ear defenders at home !
I emailed Jane at the Samira  today who replied
 "Unfortunately there has been some noise due to the new road but we are expecting the work near the hotel to be finished in the next couple of weeks so hopefully you will not suffer any inconvenience"

not long now!  see you there Karen  ;D

Offline Karen

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2008, 06:40:56 PM »
Hi Bluefudge, Tour operator has confirmed that I will receive a letter at the end of next week when their MD returns from Kalkan confirmimg that the work will stop til November, I await the letter and will let you know the outcome, wil arrive late afternoon 28th July I expect a cold beer and a vodka and lemonade waiting on the bar!!!!!  ;D Karen

Offline marking

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2008, 09:45:27 PM »
This thread is incredible, the original question is where is the Elixer and Kalamar hotels, I really wonder where all the people on this thread actually live, in Kakan or where? A huge q &a on the Samiras and more nonsense about a 40m motorway replacing the Kas road,if I were Karen I would be well and truly confused by now.
  The Elixer hotel is on the Kalamar Road a very quiet and lovely little hotel and the Kalamar is next to the Harpy with beautiful views over Kalamar bay. My advice to you Karen would be to stay at one of these 2 hotels. Kalamar is the only really quiet place  left in Kalkan with a lovely cooling breeze most of the time,the roads are not dirt tracks and it isn''t cramped and like a permanent building site like Kisla, your well away from Turkish nights and sporadic bursts of music, no mosque at 5.00am and especially away from the new road which with all their speculation, nobody on this site has a clue about. It continues today and it''s anybody''s guess when it''ll be finished.
  When you come if you''re not staying at the Elix or the Kalam , take a 2 minute taxi ride over to them and see what you missed. I''m sure you.ll book one of them next year. Have a lovely holiday wherever you stay.
  Your tour operator is thinking of you because the S.Delux is very within the noise of the new road,

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2008, 04:26:10 PM »
OK marking - point taken..but Kalamar being the only quiet place left in Kalkan - is that really true...???? Isn''t the new road spurring off and winding down into Kalamar bay - so presumably there is still noise from that..??????

And - in April - I was shocked at the devastation of Kalamar bay and all the new villas being dug out and springing up - I guess that work has stopped now on them for the summer (although I have a feeling that Pauline''s villa is in Kalamar and she says building work is still going on...??? ??? ???).  So I don''t think that might be the safe haven of quiet that people might be seeking...!!

Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2008, 04:33:56 PM »
Have to say I actually like the sound from the mosque Marking and definitely don''t see that traditional part of "Turkey" as being a negative noise.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal