Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Mystery pool/apartments  (Read 8170 times)

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Mystery pool/apartments
« on: October 06, 2008, 04:34:30 PM »
This year we went exploring Kalkan and having visited the new Likya Residence for a nosey, walked back into town down the road overlooking the sea which brings you out in the car park.  About half way back, on a road that leads up to the one with Dionysius, Samira Gardens and Korsan Apartments on it, was a pool surrounded by loungers "for the use of guests only" of nearby apartments, but no name on the doorway to say what it was.  So before booking next year''s holiday does anyone know anyhing more about this? Or details of any villas/apartments elsewhere on this bottom road overlooking the bay? (The pools of the mentioned hotels are all on the middle road, and quite hemmed in).

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2479.0

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Mystery pool/apartments
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 05:03:49 PM »
Hiya Alfaman, just got back on sunday, and I think we stayed at the apts you are talking about,
they might be called mediterranean apts, we stayed in the one at the corner of the front road as you turn up past the samira gardens up to the kalamar rd.we had the penthouse apt,nice big balcony and a great
roof terrace over looking the village and bay,if its not these it could be the sun elite apts .

Neil.
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 05:42:06 PM »
Hi Neil - can''t be the Sun Elite Aparts - they are behind the Nur Hotel just by our villa and the Thursday market...not sure where you stayed - but I get the idea that Alfaman is after some apartments BELOW the nice road of the Korsan and Dionysus and Samira Gardens (that runs parallel to the kalamar but below the Kalamar road) - ie: between that road and the Sea....is that correct...Alfaman...??  ??? ???

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 05:49:32 PM »
No, as I said, the hotels and apartments fronting the middle road don''t have much view, especially from their pools. Those fronting the very bottom road just look across that road with an uninterrupted view of the sea across the green area down to the seaside road to the Yali.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 05:54:51 PM »
Hiya felicity,I thought I was wrong with the Sun Elite apts,we stayed in the ones as you walk down past
the samira gardens to the front rd/lane over looking the harbour and village,Julie tells me they used to be called Akdeniz,but could be wrong,they are a small complex with about four small pools and one larger one
on the front overlooking the bay/village and are now called Mediterranean,and the lane with the samira gardens,korsan ect runs behind them.

Neil. ;D

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 06:00:44 PM »
Neil,
have googled the Mediterranean Apartments and come up with a direct booking website - bit confused by its reference to 5 pools, but your post confirms that''s so. Ideal location - (but the pools are not swarming with kids are they?!)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 06:13:01 PM »
No Alfaman,well not last week,all seemed very quiet and no screaming whawhas in sight,but could be different at another time.
we didnt use the meds own sight,but booked direct with the apt owner,had a nice little pool in front of the apt,very relaxing,my o/h loved it.

Neil. 8)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 07:19:22 PM by fidimax »

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 06:43:33 PM »
Hi again Alfaman,the other apts I was thinking of are the Villa Elite Apts,they are on the same stretch of the front lane,the next ones along from the med apts,they are on the Kalkan connections sight,they could be the ones you mean, they look very nice as well.

Neil. 8) >:D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 07:18:11 PM by fidimax »

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 11:57:34 AM »
Yes, I know the Villa Elite apartments owned by Eddie of the Sofra and old Elite hotel.  The first apartment you referred to sounds more like the ones I was thinking of, especially if it is also part of a complex with a larger pool as well as its own small pool in front and still has an old name sign Akdeniz.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 02:29:07 PM »
Hi Alfaman
I think you are referring to the Residents pool of the Likya Estates. This is the area in between the Kalamar Road to the coastal path from the end of the Mediterannean complex to approx the Meldi Hotel
Joan

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 03:38:02 PM »
JoanH -that''s it! Just googled it and it came up with Villa Likya on Korsan''s site with a photo of the pool. Unfortunately, apart from the large Villa Likya, nothing much seems for rental, at least using google. Anyway, mystery solved and what a location - fairly mature by now and gated and guarded, unlike more recent develoments.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 04:11:57 PM »
Alfaman, I think a few of these apartments are available direct from the owners - I think they are the same ones we looked when we were booking for next year...Is Villa Likya on the same complex as Likya Residence - the very swish new hotel? If so, several of the apartments can be found on the usual suspects - www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.ownersdirect.co.uk , www.villarenters.com. as they point out they are on the same development in their individual blurbs.

If they are the same ones, they''re a bit on the pricey side, but look stunning.

Good luck.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
it's a mystery

Started by Baggy on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post October 21, 2010, 08:45:32 AM
by Blue Lizard
exclamation
The Mystery of the Disappearing Tonic

Started by Chucky on General Discussion

12 Replies
Last post November 19, 2008, 05:23:40 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
use of pool

Started by Babs on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post August 17, 2008, 12:08:01 PM
by Babs
xx
Pool or no Pool?

Started by kalkanbelle on General Discussion

16 Replies
Last post October 28, 2011, 06:02:24 PM
by Babs

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal