Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Aegean Flights  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Aegean Flights
« on: June 03, 2008, 10:45:11 PM »
Just booked for the 2 of us next May for 2 weeks for £294 from Newcastle.  Same again for September.  Not quite the £140 bargain we got for this September, but pretty good value considering the oil increases.  Couldn''t get to London for that!  My last train ticket for just me was nearly £200!  :D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1703.0

Offline phillip

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Aegean Flights
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 08:31:29 PM »
 ??? Kim,didnt know you could get to Kalkan by train ???

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 09:34:38 AM »
Ha ha.....I wish Philip!  I would love a slow train ride across Europe and into Eastern Europe en route to Turkey.........that would be something......

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 10:04:13 AM »
what a journey the Orient Express must be ?does it still go to Istanbul?we saw the station and had photos taken on the platform. We stayed in the hotel that the people from the train used (Pera Palas.....bit grotty)Agatha Christie stayed there while she wrote murder on the Orient Express...  but i must admit i fancy travelling on a train like Hercule Poirot trying to figure out whos killing my fellow travellers while wearing a dinner suit,some bling and a monacle ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 05:27:05 PM »
On 8 May the Fethyie Times had an article on travelling to Turkey by train from England - not an ''Orient Express'' type of journey, more jeans and a good book, but sounds interesting.

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 07:21:58 PM »
I could defo fancy that.  BL, I took my hubbie to Paris on the Orient Express last year and it was fantastic.  The French ''leg'' is by far the best.  Typical frogs do everything in the best possible taste when it comes to food, wine and service!  It''s a great experience and you meet some real characters.  Mind you the sleeping compartments weren''t made for romance....you can just swing a cat and no private bathroom / shower....BUT....it''s a great experience and even better if you go on to Venice and travel across the Alps.

Need a lottery win to repeat it mind!!  We stayed at the De  ;DCrillon in Paris and were petrified by the bar prices!  But...when in Rome.........

Offline jinfizzz

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 05:34:05 PM »
For those of you who might have been a little anxious about flying Aegean, our experience on Friday night was exemplary.  We left Gatwick only 5 minutes late and made up the time, landing at Dalaman at some unearthly time.  It really was not Onur Air''s fault that I had no sleep, haha and I would have no qualms at all about rebooking.  However, I will never fly at this time of night again, as arriving in Kalkan at 6.00am is a little weird.  Luckily it was light and our breath was taken away (as always) by the first view but nowhere was open for breakfast.  Grrrrrrrr!!!!  We tried to stay awake all day, punctuated by little power naps but nonetheless were relieved when we climbed into bed at about 11pm.

For those reading the other thread on "Why does EK exist?", last night we met JoanH and again today and I for one are really thrilled that EK exists, especially for light-hearted threads and trivial comments.    Looking forward to meeting other EK members as arranged later in the week.  Safe journey xx

Offline sak46

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 05:39:06 PM »
Hello

Glad you had a good flight , thanks for the  reassurance about Onur.

We are nearly on our way !!

Sak 46 :)

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 06:52:04 PM »
Hi
Fantastic Jinfizz! Enjoy the rest of your time there!
Em
Em

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Aegean Flights

Started by Redstone on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post June 06, 2010, 01:21:51 PM
by Cuddles
xx
Aegean Flights

Started by Kalkan Magic on Flights and Travel

9 Replies
Last post March 04, 2009, 09:56:34 PM
by foreverkalkan
xx
Aegean Flights

Started by kalkan4eva on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post June 02, 2009, 10:32:30 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Aegean Flights

Started by littlelin on Flights and Travel

41 Replies
Last post June 28, 2008, 12:44:50 AM
by Roxie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Dubrovnik

Views: 3551
By: blondie
Sunset over Kalkan