Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: visas  (Read 6940 times)

Offline bryher

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: visas
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 07:56:04 AM »
doug46b
I am obliged  to you for providing proof of my point. Self important, belligerent and abusing a privilege. Morally if you own property in any country you are by definition a resident rather than a visitor. Whilst all foreign villa owners , including UK, exploit the Turkish economy it will not improve. Doubtless our forum sage and guru will provide some spurious statistics which purport to disprove this but we do represent a considerable % of the Gross National Income.
We already live a very high quality lifestyle with extremely low utility charges so at least pay the proper charges where appropriate and not take advantage at every opportunity.
I personally know 5 couples who are permanent residents in K and indeed profess to have sold up in UK yet still use a visitor''s visa via the day trip from Kas. How can anyone possibly defend that as appropriate behaviour?
With great respect I have a life, I adore my life in K and I feel privileged to be here. In return I pay my taxes, use only local labour and have no wish to see a Community of Brits established here.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 10:19:39 AM »
John a good point well made.......I can just see him sitting in he villa sneering at the little people who dare to save hard for a holiday and have the audacity to come to his little spot in the world. God knows what he thinks of people who purchase a property out in Kalkan.....I''m hoping to buy soon I have not been put off by him as I know he is in a minority.....   

I have traveled the world and met all kinds of ex-pats unfortunately there are a still few like this person but hopefully as time moves on they will soon be extinct !!!!

Keep up the good work.

Misty

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 10:31:50 AM »
There were some points on which I agreed with Bryher last week!  On this occasion, I could barely disagree more.  While I look for details of the Turkish or any nation''s moral immigration laws on the internet, I''ll remember the principle of "if you have nothing good to say, say nothing".......

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 11:31:51 AM »
I have belonged to this Forum since almost day one, and have enjoyed, learned and added to it over this period time.  However for quite some time now I have read daily only, not bothering to contribute as I am so fed up with the way it has become, with arrogance, pomposity and back biting by quite a few members, it seems very sadly be becoming just one long slanging match. Yes there have been certain comments made about stupid sarcastic one-liners & in some cases with merit for goodness sake we are all supposed to be adults, or at least I think we are, grow up remember your manners, please stop behaving like spolit children trying to out do one another.

A very angry member DRBD 
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 12:00:51 PM »
I concur with DRBD, the aims of the Forum was to help and advise people who are visiting Kalkan and to promote Kalkan and Turkey - not to provide a "soapbox" for disgruntled moaners.
Yes, there are occasions when you may disagree or take offence at comments posted by a minority, but can we please think twice about carrying on with unproductive and unnecessary posts.
Shall we shut this thread and move on? 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
visas

Started by Baggy on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post June 04, 2011, 01:55:58 PM
by kevincat99
xx
visas

Started by Baggy on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post September 20, 2011, 01:21:15 PM
by Baggy
xx
Visas

Started by NormskiD on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post July 10, 2020, 02:51:02 PM
by NormskiD
xx
visas again

Started by Baggy on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post July 02, 2011, 08:33:11 AM
by Denners

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal