Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Good workers  (Read 1684 times)

Offline edisrag

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Good workers
« on: April 20, 2008, 09:16:12 PM »
Many of your readers are obviously happy with their managing agents, etc and all the people they employee seem good sorts but I do somthimes worry about their qualifications, and the health and safety aspect as they perch on the roof or around the elctric cables doing a bit of tweeking here and there.

Perhaps there could be an authorised list of bonefide tradesman - those recommended by more than one person.  I recently had an incident with the instilation of the water tanks and solar panels, which were intalled in the dark with a torch.  Since instilation I have had problems on one trip with scolding hot water and on the next trip with luke warm water and not much of it.  The problem gets sorted but it involves  1 or 2 days of inconvenience I know the managing agent will get it rectified eventually by these nice people but  somtimes I wish I could just get on the phone and get the job done.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1397.0

Offline Shirley Burley

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Good workers
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 03:33:47 PM »
Surely this is what you pay your management agent for??

All agents will have their own trusted contacts for every kind of job - electricians, plumbers, carpenters, odd job men etc.  If you consider the amount of villas each management agent will be looking after, these workers will be used fairly regularly and if they were not trustworthy or qualified, it is unlikely they would be used again.

Unless I misunderstand your post it sounds as though your installation glitch was rectified anyway, but surely if you could just pick up a phone and ''get the job done'' it would negate the purpose of a management agent in the first place!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Is there a need to teach hospitalit workers English?

Started by dreamer on The Everything Else Area!

2 Replies
Last post September 03, 2011, 09:29:47 AM
by Cosetta
xx
VFM......still good

Started by pw on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

11 Replies
Last post September 13, 2016, 09:54:58 AM
by Lizilu20
xx
Hi, it's really good to be here!

Started by deepasforever1 on Introduce Yourself

4 Replies
Last post October 02, 2010, 10:18:29 AM
by deepasforever1
xx
IBO - as good as it gets!

Started by Enişte on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post August 31, 2009, 11:16:53 PM
by beliver

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Lizo Hotel

Views: 4684
By: Eljhem
hitching another lift