Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Another new member says hello  (Read 8854 times)

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Another new member says hello
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 09:30:11 AM »
Likewise - since Patara cafe changed hands - prices are much more reasonable - and IMHO - the turkish red wine beats the turkish white and rose (although - after a glass or 2 - I forget how relatively bad it is..!!)  Angora red and white get my vote and not a bad price and I''m willing to pay for that to enjoy the wine with my gorgeous kalkan food.....or a raki or 2..!!   ;)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 09:30:58 AM »
Charlie - where did you find Angora for 8ytl..????  Haven''t found it anything other than about 10ytl....Cheers!

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 09:49:46 AM »
Felicity the Yali had it for that price when I was there at Easter, I think it''s usually 9.99. Cheers!

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2008, 09:51:41 AM »
Don''t tell everybody, they''ll all be in there.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2008, 11:06:34 AM »
Patara beach cafe is now excellent value and a nice place..since "Marinem" lost it it has been totally changed and is very reasonable..it''s snacky foods and drinks are loads more easy on the pocket..if you are on the beach why not get a taxi into the village?we always get a cab and stop off at jimmys " harrods".Jimmy is a lovely man and is a total fruitcake we have known him for over 20 years!!as you go down the little road into the village centre there is a little restaurant on the left called "Tlos" (he used to be on the main road) it is the best food for miles around and not expensive..Osman who owns it is a very devout muslim and they don''t sell alcohol  but hey ..it''s only a meal!! we met a guy who was a travel writer on holiday(Michelin) and he told us his dishes were as good as he had had anywhere!!Opposite is a traditional pancake house where you sit on the floor the pancakes are yummy!!(try the chocolate one!!) in the village square is another little restaurant called "Aspendos" it is owned by Osmans brother and is also brilliant grub.. he does sell booze and although the place is basic believe me the food is scrummy...Also in the village square is "the gypsy bar" pop in and ask Ibor to get his drum out..within 10 mins you will probably have all his chums and a full turkish band all singing folk stuff!! (iced beer too!)We always get a one way ticket to the beach on the dolmus  and when we have had enough pop into the village,it is a place where dogs yawn with one eye open and life is so slow..GREAT!!...there is a bus station in the village centre and it is easy to jump a bus back to kalkan...It is so close to Kalkan but overlooked by people who "beach"...why not try it?me and the mrs come away "hugged " to bits by the locals and strangers all speak to you ;) ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 11:39:53 AM »
Blue Lizard
Been past the village lots of times, but after reading your post will definitely call in and sample the food

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 12:33:36 PM »
Brooksie..as i say it''s basic no frills ,not like the rooftops in Kalkan..but try "Tlos" Osman sits at the back peeling veg most of the day..it''s good wholesome fare! (but no wine unless it''s changed!!) a fraction of the price as well!! ;)

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 04:11:41 PM »
Blue Lizard
That''s what we like about Turkey, Good food, good atmosphere and good people. You don''t need anymore than that.

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2008, 10:05:51 AM »
Blue Lizard we have stayed in Patara (must be more than 10 years ago) and the Tlos is fantastic. About 3 years ago we were in Kas and Osman had a restaurant there also called Tlos. We were walking passed and happened to look in and were so surprised to see Osman inside. Does he still have the restaurant in Kas as well?
I agree with what you say about the locals, so friendly!

Offline mnebrooks

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2008, 08:38:01 AM »
Melek: - Thanks very much for your post - I have added a picture of myself (taken a few years ago now - the hair is shorter and more grey now, and I have changed glasses - but it''s a fair photo), so if we do meet on Patara beach you will be able to recognise me, I do intend if possible to take a few trips there.

You may be surprised though at how well I can remember memorable meals, I can still remember all 3 courses at some restaurants going back over 15 years ago! With so many restaurants though in such a short space of time it will be difficult - however, I intend to make a small journal of my experiences in this area - I can share that on the forum''s after the holiday.

We always intended to do a trip to Kekova, though thought that the waters at the gorge may be a little to high and cold at this time of year, is it worth doing without the trek up the gorge?

Blue Lizard: - Thanks for the tips about visiting the village at Patara, these will go in my take with me folder.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2008, 06:29:29 PM »
Nice picture, thanks for posting it. I always think it helps to make the forum and it''s members more like a "family" when you can see what each other looks like.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

thumbup

Started by Mark Perry on Introduce Yourself

0 Replies
Last post April 08, 2013, 07:34:49 PM
by Mark Perry
xx
New member says hello

Started by Slats on Introduce Yourself

12 Replies
Last post April 19, 2008, 02:06:02 PM
by felicity
xx

Started by cahtya on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post October 31, 2008, 08:33:31 AM
by headroom
xx

Started by tashanvillas on Introduce Yourself

3 Replies
Last post June 11, 2009, 09:42:26 AM
by Brooksie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Storm

Views: 3768
By: jinfizzz
high humidity