Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Turkish Will and legal costs  (Read 2998 times)

Offline Alpaslan Günal

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Turkish Will and legal costs
« on: April 15, 2008, 09:09:07 AM »
Dear Friends,

I have been reading a lot of diferent comments about Turkish Will in this web site and unfortunately most of the informations I read are wrong. I have been trying to tell my own clients about Tukish will but I can see that they are missing some important points while they are transfering the informations to the others.

I can also see many different figures about the cost of a Turkish will. For each will ,the notary and official interpreter cost about 400-450 YTL in 2008. 50 YTL difference depends on if you have a passport translation from before.If you have one from before, you don''''t need to pay for it again. And the lawyer''''s fee for one Turkish will is 750 YTL. This price is given by the Bar Assosiation to the lawyers in Turkey and to give a price under this is an unfair competition in the law and it is to be fined.The important point about the lawyer''''s fee is the sole execution.This price includes the fee for the lawyer to act on your behalf after the death. Because to write a Turkish will is not such a difficult think. The difficult and complicated part starts after the death. The goal of a will is to leave something to someone.And someone has to do it after the death. If you don''''t have a sole executor in your will, It means there will be a really big problem and costs after your death for your inheritances.Because to open a will in Turkish Law is a court case which takes about a year and you will need a lawyer for this.If you don''''t sign a sole executor in your will, Then your inheritances have to have a lawyer in Turkey to open the will and pay for his fee. In this point, the lawyer would charge you according to the value of the case. It means if you leave 1 or 2 properties, the charge will be change. So,you could be told for a less price for a Turkish Will by someone.But you should be careful about the sole execution.This is the main point of a Turkish Will.

I have read many texts about myself and my charges for a Turkish Will in this web site. The true figures for 2008 are as above. I have never told a price higher than those figures to my clients. But some of the members of this web site are giving some wrong informations. I don''''t mention any name but kindly I would like them to remove their texts which contents wrong informations. Otherwise, According to the present laws in Turkey, I will have to start a legal action  against to those members.

Yours sincerely

Attorney At Law
Alpaslan GÃœNAL

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1369.0
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 09:36:01 AM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Offline Hoca

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: Turkish Will and legal costs
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 04:14:42 PM »
Alp cheers. I to have been told different so what you are saying is it costs about £500 to ensure that a will for properties and possession''s in Turkey is correctly dispersed. So if you have a one bed apartment worth about £50k it''s 1% sounds ok to me.

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 07:36:17 PM »
Hello Alpaslan

Do I understand you to say that for 1200YTL - this price is a total price for you to draw up a will and then execute it after that person''s death - whether it be for the surviving partner or whomsoever they have left their estate to and that if you did this work, that would be the only fee that they would ever pay to a lawyer ??

Offline Kas

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 10:13:25 PM »
Hi Alpaslan Günal,

Thanks for your reply to the forum. It is nice to get some information from people that work with a subject.

BUT this I think is a forum where people can have a free discussion and now your are threating people with legal action.

I made a search on this forum with your name and I read a few of them and most of them was nice advertising for your service!!

Alpaslan I think you should apologize this that is what civilized people do and I am sure that your are one  ;)

Have a nice day all of you :D

Palle
Denmark

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Legal Turkish/English translator

Started by AnnieM on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post December 01, 2008, 09:57:57 AM
by onelove
xx
LEGAL ADVICE

Started by lizabi99 on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 07, 2010, 02:58:40 PM
by kim21
xx
Contact e-mail for Everything Legal in Fethiye?

Started by Mags on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post April 07, 2010, 12:56:41 PM
by lradders1
xx
Is your House Insurance "legal"

Started by kevincat99 on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post July 16, 2010, 08:12:09 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal