Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan mode about to be entered BEWARE!  (Read 26240 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Kalkan mode about to be entered BEWARE!
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2016, 04:09:15 PM »
Just catching up with your blog, sounds like you are having a great time - and Bri/dad is behaving himself :)
Your overnight stay in Kalekoy sounds so idyllic, I never knew you could do that, what a great idea.
I have laughed a few times at the "joycies" in your blogs, wouldn't be you if there wasn't the odd typo - beautiful Neal did make smile :)
Look forward to hearing more about your stay, keep them coming
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2016, 08:29:58 PM »
Thank you just come back from Adems wil tell more tomorrow when I'm sober,

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2016, 10:05:45 AM »
Looking forward to hearing all about it Joycie! just thinking about Adem's shrimp casserole now! simply the best in my opinion!  :D

Jx

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2016, 04:01:23 PM »
So yesterday was market day we decided to go this week. Mor had some bits to buy for her grandkids and I needed a glass to replace the one that I had broken and some handkerchiefs to replace the ones I'd forgotten for Brian.
We walked up towards the market. Had a quick iced coffee in the Nur patisserie and walked on up to the market.
We went our separate ways handkerchief and glass hunting and I turned left to where all the lovely fruit and veg is espying a stall that sold glassware. Couldn't buy a single wine glass but a box of six was 20tl so just in case I broke anymore I bought them.
Don't think Turkish men blow their noses on handkerchiefs I just couldn't find any perhaps paper tissues were the answer. Told Brian only to blow his nose on his one and only handkerchief if he was desperate. Mor had laundered it and ironed it beautifully. Yali here we come. No they don't sell handkerchiefs either.
Back to Sahane and sanity. We made lunch and ate inside it was too hot to eat outside.
Off to the pool for a swim WH came with us after Bri had inflated it. Dave lay on it like a Viking funeral.
Upstairs for a shower and change .
Adem was picking us up at 6.30 so we meandered to the front of Sahane and waited and waited. Nearly 7 still no sign so we decided to eat elsewhere turned to walk down the road and guess who came tazzing down the road Adem!
He'd been to Fethiye hospital with his 19 year old daughter who needs an operation for her abscess on her tooth. They couldn't do it immediately so she was going to have to go back next week. They said her dentist had used dirty equipment and hence caused the problem.
We talked about his wife's health problems and it seemed the weight of the world was on his shoulders.
Pulled in to his lovely property and he took us up to the higher level. There was only one table laid ours. We sat down and ordered a drink. A car pulled up and a Turkish family sat on the lower level. Meanwhile Adem had jumped over the fence and picked two red roses and put them in our wine bottles. They were beautiful and smelt of real roses if you know what I mean.
It was a lovely atmosphere and the view as usual was wonderful.
We shared delicious mushrooms, cheese rolls and Adems special cheese. Mmm Mmm absolutely scrumptious. Mor Daisy and Dad had lamb shank with potatoes. Mor had brought the mint sauce with her and wasn't going to miss the chance of using it.
We ordered another bottle of wine and thought about sweet. Meanwhile other tables had been taken and Adam said we'd brought him luck. Forgot to say I had a beef sizzler and that was lovely too.

For sweet I had banana crepe Dave had lemon crepe and Mor and Bri had ice cream. After we had consumed this veritable delight we had a complimentary Amaretto.
I'm sorry if this blog seems disjointed but Daisy is muttering in the background about my audacity to challenge his mushroom prowess TWO days ago.
Adem took us back and Mor and Dave said we (that is me and Bri) ought to book again next week. I think we probably will it's too lovely not to,

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2016, 05:08:09 PM »
Another excellent blog Joycie. All credit to Adem for dealing with his daughter's emergency and still managing to remember to pick you up. I read about his restaurant a lot and I will definitely be booking him in June next year. He and his family epitomises what we all love about the Turkish people and Kalkan.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2016, 07:55:26 PM »
Aden and his family are wonderful please support him if you can. The food is fantastic and he picks you up and drops you off with no probs.
When his kids were little we used to play hide and seek with them. Time passes too quickly.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2016, 08:23:10 PM »
So today is the  day before we move to the villa in front of us Sultinye. We have studied it from the back looked at the info on the web site from the front and can't wait to see it fir ourselves. Can't work out if there's anybody still there so will have to wait patiently to sample it girl ourselves.
We went back to Palm Beach ody. It's closed tomorrow fir a wedding so we were trying to decide if we could hire a pedalo or some such sort of transpor so that we could be nosey. I love a good wedding and think Kalkan is the perfect place for the nuptials.
We sat on the front row of the chairs again and watched the boats depart the harbour. We've done that so many times but it never fails to fascinate me I love it.
Up to the next level for lunch and a delicicious pizza with shared chips and a couple of Efes. What could be nicer?
Back to our beds Daisy and Dad fell asleep luckily neither snored and I now have the photo to blackmail Daisy should he ever use the ones he's got of me delicately sleeping.
Back to Sahane and packing ensued because we're lucky enough to be moving to Villa Sultinyhe tomorrow. It's just in front of us so hopefully as Sue says the move should be seamless.
Toilet rolls washing up liquid washing powder and dish washer tablets all ready to begin their new life in the villa.
Mor and I were sweating as we packed and we had a power cut which didn't help. Dave had gone to get a chicken for tea so we carried on regardless.
Finally all packed and Dave and chicken safely returned we sat and had a drink.
It was the most fantastic sunset tonight. The sea was a lovely pinky mauve and we sat happily on the balcony waiting for our home made wedges to cook.
Oh it was lovely. Dave had bought some ice cream back with him so I cut up the peaches and with the ice cream we had a really lovely pudding.
We sat on the top balcony trying to work out if the Villa had been vacated. What the heck it would be ours tomorrow and we could start a new adventure at least for the three days that Mor and Daisy have left.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2016, 04:30:48 PM »
So today we moved house
We were late getting up well we were for us. Done most of the packing yesterday only the odds and sods such as the Efes in the fridge and the ice cream in the freezer to be packed.

We had breakfast and Dave forgot the bacon. Apparently it was Dads fault because he asked if he could have the stalks off the mushrooms and with some fried potatoes and tomatoes taking his concentration he forgot about the bacon. Well that's his story and he's sticking to it.
Breakfast even without the bacon was delicious so we cleaned up and loaded the dishwasher for the last time in Sahane.
About 10.30 we were given the nod that we could move. Mr shifter and his crew that's Dad Daisy Mor and me picked up various carrier bags that we had packed our bits in. The suitcases were removed by professionals Semmet and helper. We waved goodbye to the Cennet crew through the garden gate and there was wonderful Sultinyhe.
We said hallo to the neighbours the Cennet crew and walked into a palace.
The villa is fabulous with a lovely outdoor seating area and we knew that we were in heaven for a week.
It was 12 yardarm time so we decided to walk down to Sopranos for lunch. We like it there very friendly and the chips are to die for. Three omelettes one cheeseburger and two dishes of to die for chips couldn't ask for anything more. Except a free pudding or two. Wow again absolutely delicious.
Mor and I decided not to accompany the boys on their shopping expedition or it would have meant us having to walk up more hill than we needed to. It was really hot and we puffed and panted back up to the Villa Mor needed the loo.
Got there switched the alarm off turned the key nothing. Tried it the other way nothing. So Mor had a go .She was as good as me. One of our neighbours saw us struggling popped into the garden turned the key and hey presto!
Where were we going wrong? Mor rushed to the loo.
We gave the Cennet mob a guided tour. They had always fancied the villa but had never been inside. They loved it. Oh dear more competition for our holiday accommodation.
We spent the afternoon by our own pool and it was lovely. Shower and drinkies time now.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2016, 08:20:52 PM »
Sounds like the start of another perfect week Joycie!! Topped off with Blues winning at home and Warwickshire winning the final at Lords ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2016, 08:28:33 PM »
We've sat on the patio of the villa tonight following the cricket and the football. A perfect day with perfect results.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2016, 07:02:26 PM »
Oh joycie I am enjoying your holiday. Have a fab second half in the villa.  :)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2016, 07:07:28 PM »
Thank you Lizilu were having ay wonderful holiday. Were at Aqua tonight in Kakamar fabulous meal.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2016, 09:22:40 PM »
Today was sad the last of the Nur crowd were going home and we had arranged to meet at the taxi island for breakfast. Mandy and co had had a fabulous breakfast at a place on the Kalamar Road previously but they didn't start serving till 10 so Sopranos it was.
He's a lovely guy there six of us seated and breakfast to be chosen.
Mandy wanted yoghurt fruit and honey. It wasn't on the menu but no probs soon arranged and three separate dishes with yoghurt fruit and honey appeared. Bri and I had full English with fresh orange juice and then three omelettes for the others with Sopranos chips. They really are delicious and a tour of Ge kitchen ensued which was absolutely spotless.
We shall return for an evening meal.
I should have said that a free sweet appeared after our breakfast was finished and for six of us with varying choices it came to about £50. Wonderful value.
Mandy had a t shirt which she asked us to change at the market and Paul brought the t shirt and a full tub if ice cream up to the villa.
We swam and sunbathed. Had a lovely day with lunch inside because it was so hot.
Again the afternoon was swimming and sleeping. Daisy went down to the supermarket by the beagle bar but they had run out of our red wine of choice. Sacre Bleu Rodney we had to opt for our second choice.
About 5 we retired to our rooms and showered and changed.
We were going to Aqua on the Kalamar Road. At Bread and More we stopped for an Efes and booked a meal for Friday evening for an Indian meal.
Onwards to Cafe Aqua. There were two people eating there but Yusuf and his lovely staff made us welcome.
We chose our starters first. Oh my they were lovely. A bottle of red and a bottle of white and we were in heaven.
Ate our starters and meanwhile seven more people had arrived for a meal.
I was pleased because Yusuf had indicated that thus may be his last year.
We chose our main courses and a veritable feast ensued. Dave had fried ice cream for pudding and I had lemon cheese cake. We had ordered a bottle of red and then a bit of Turkish dancing ensued with Bri and Mor joining in.
Time to return. A taxi was ordered paid for by Yusuf and we bade our farewells. Please please be there next year.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2016, 05:32:27 PM »
Thanks for keeping us updated, joycie. Your holiday is evaporating faster than an efes on a hot day :( How long are you in the Villa for?

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2016, 05:45:49 AM »
We've got the. Villa for a week and it's beautiful. I'll tell you more in my post later.xx

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2016, 11:18:15 AM »
Villa Sultinye is beautiful. It's a lovely three bed roomed villa with a downstairs wet room so a shower is readily available when you come from the pool. It is beautifully equipped and very tastefully decorated. I guess Sue comes to mind here. Daisy loved the bbq and Mor and I liked the cabana but couldn't get out of it easily. I lay on it the day we moved and freckles the cat came and lay beside me watching me do my blog.
Yesterday was a sad day because Mor and Daisies holiday is coming to an end. We have had some fabulous holidays together abroad on our boat each other's houses and we laugh from beginning to end.
It was to be a pool day and then our final meal together Monday evening. So we had a lovely breakfast cooked by Daisy and settled by the pool. It was very hot had a dip struggled on the water hammock and then looked at my messages on my iPad.
Mandy who had gone home the day before had sent me an SOS.
She had left a bag of spices in her Nur apartment and asked if I would retrieve them for her.
Mor offered to come with me. We needed some shopping so we called at Kipa on the way up to the Nur. Bread bacon some of those lovely little choice biscuits you get free with a coffee all purchased and stowed in Mors bag.
Phew it was hot but we had a mission to accomplish so off we went. Up to the Nur through the bar area and up the steps. There was nobody about. Mandy had told me the code for the key box so furtively we opened the door. Felt like a couple of burglars going through the cupboard looking for the spices found them emptied the fridge as instructed yoghurt cheese butter all very useful opened the door and stepped outside.
Verdette was outside gardening. Mor didn't recognise him. He had changed slightly from the young man who we knew when we stopped at the Serra all those years ago but he was pleased to see us as we were him.
Key duly placed back in the safe and a coffee purchased over the road at the Nur patisserie.
Pleased with ourselves we made our way back to the Villa.
We had a lovely tuna salad lunch and sat back by the pool.
Looked at my iPad again.Another message from Mandy. This time she had lost her real Burberry purse complete with bank cards etc. And all the usual gubbins that we women keep in our purses. She had stopped her cards but obviously with other personal items in it she would like it back.
We had only seen her and Paul the night before buying figs in the green grocers before wending her way to Dalaman to fly home. Where was the purse?
This time Bri and I walked back to the Nur. It was so hot but we grinned and beared (if theres such a word) and arrived once again at the Nur. Have stopped there three times ourselves and the pool looked so inviting but no another mission to accomplish.
Got to the same front door that we'd only left a couple of hours before noticed that the cushions on the chairs on the balcony were standing up so guessed the cleaner had been in. She hadn't the first time.
Got to the key safe it was open and the key was missing. Oh oh! Went to look for the cleaner in case she was in any of the other apartments but no sign.
Scratched our heads and decided it was Efes time. Back down the stairs to the Nur hotel sat down and ordered two Efes. Nectar comes to mind.
I needed Internet and when we stopped at the Nur apartments we had always had internet there and also at the Nur hotel. Needed a code none of the boys or girls at the pizza place worked there when last we stopped but a large daunting Turkish gentleman was very helpful. Unfortunately his English was as good as my Turkish. He tried to tell me the code but I didn't understand. He took my phone off me scratched his head and gave it me back. Then the little girl who overcharged and then came and found me and gave me my money back was my saviour yet again.
She took charge wiggled my phone   In the air accessed the internet and gave my phone back. We were in business.
I messaged Mandy and told her the saga and messaged Martyn whose cleaner serviced the apartment.
Finished our lovely Efes said a very grateful Thankyou to all concerned and went back to the villa. I seemed  to have spent all day tootling between the Nur and Sultinye.
Sat back on my sun bed. Received a message from Martyn telling me his cleaner had found it. Brilliant Mandy was told and now we have to arrange a transfer of spices and purse to Mandy.
I made Mor promise to take everything with her or I'm going to need a bigger baggage allowance toting all this extra stuff back.
Celebrations could commence. We washed and changed and meandered down to Botanik.
There was nobody in there but we sat down and ordered two cocktails a Bellini for me and a blue or. Beach something think it started with a b for Mor. Dave had a red wine Bri had an Efes.
We decided not to go up to the tree house because we thought if we sat on the cushions we might never get up.
Lovely drinks out of Botanik and down to the little gift shop opposite Yali bar. Oh that is a delightful place. Lovely little jewellery pieces some named little pieces of unusual pottery. Mor wanted a little gift for her granddaughters b18th birthday. She found just what she wanted and it was wrapped up so beautifully no further wrapping was required.
We left the shop and wandered to Waipano.
We had had such a lovely meal last time that it was Mor and Daves last meal of choice.
We shared three starters . A bottle of red and a bottle of white. Mor Daisy and me had fillet steak with a blue cheese sauce. All cooked exactly as we asked for them. Bri had salmon.
Ewan's wife waited on us. She's lovely and so is the waiter who works there. Lovely sense of humour.
Ewan's little daughter was there because I guess with Mom and Dad both working baby sitters are rare. She looked tired and the last time we saw her she was asleep on two chairs.
We shared two Waipano specials for dessert. Oh my goodness they were something.  Complimentary amerettos saw us on our way. Mor and Dave said goodbye to Ewan as they were going home we smugly told him that we had another week and may see him again.
Onwards and upwards. Past Sports Direct turned up the road and back to Sultinye.
Had a drink on the terrace and wound our way up the stairs to bed.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2016, 05:23:34 PM »
Just loving your reports Joycie, am sure you will be packing another few adventures in for your final week. It's been fab reading about your lovely holiday. Thank you.

J&B

Offline Mrs M!

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
  • Holiday Junkie!
    • Share Post
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2016, 05:57:49 PM »
Loving your reports, we're staying just in front of you in Apartment Emily - wave if you go past!
Lou :)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2016, 07:14:21 PM »
Oh Jayne we've had such a wonderful time and it's not over yet. Have heard from Mandy and we are still negotiating the hand over of the swag. She has friend staying in Kalkan at the  moment who lives near Sellarfield which is much nearer to Mandy than I do so hopefully  I will be able to download my excess baggage I.e Mandies spices and purse on her.
Today has been a horrible day weather wise but spectacular lightening over the sea.
I didn't venture out but sent Bri shopping and we've had a lovely salad with chicken in a bbq sauce. Pudding was carte dor from Mandies fridge. Absolutely delicious.
Missing Mor and Daisy .Never stop laughing and it was Daisy  who gave me the nickname Joycie.
Mind you it was me who called him Daisy. Honours even,
So not a lot to tell today very quiet but as usual in Kalkan every second with that wonderful view and the lovely people is worth all the time in the world spent in this wonderful place.

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2016, 10:55:12 PM »
Fantastic blogs as usual joycie, we came back after two glorious weeks staying in the lovely villa honeysuckle, great location just behind carrefour, weather fab, people wonderful as usual and all remembered us again. Two days before returning hubby popped out to buy the last stock up of efes, when he came back he said, well that was a coincidence. Think he'd sat down for a whiff and got chatting to a lovely chap also resting who explained that a few year ago he'd had a heart attack and the good treatment. As I always relay any interesting gossip off here he put two and two together and realised who it was and asked him and indeed he said he was Bri Joycie's husband, don't know if he told you.Gutted I wasn't with him at the time for a chat. Anyway keep the reports coming, keeps Kalkan alive a bit longer.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalkan pet owners beware

Started by Lantana on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post June 19, 2008, 07:28:51 PM
by Cosetta
xx
Beware !

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post September 30, 2011, 09:29:24 PM
by misty
xx
BEWARE - more burglaries

Started by happy days on General Discussion

16 Replies
Last post September 07, 2012, 06:49:40 PM
by Firecat
xx
Owners beware - here we go again

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post November 25, 2015, 02:26:40 PM
by Mayday1

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

DSCF2025.JPG

Views: 4047
By: Jane
Beautiful Hibiscus