Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com

Kalkan Discussion => Holiday Reports and Reviews => Topic started by: joycie on September 02, 2016, 11:50:12 AM

Title: Kalkan mode about to be entered BEWARE!
Post by: joycie on September 02, 2016, 11:50:12 AM
Hair appointment this afternoon. Grey hairs to be modified into Kalkan hues of gold (I wish)
Suitcases packed wel on a trial basis. We have 23kg each and 10 each hand luggage which seems a humungous amount until you look at the rail with your clothes on and realise that half hasn't gone in. Bri "why are you worried you don't wear half of it anyway" One of those looks from me that tells him he's getting really close to annoying me. Yes but just in case oh well I'll have another look and see what you don't need. He goes off to watch the cricket.
So Monday we wing our way to our favourite place. We're doing a stopover in Kekova this time so hopefully I can report on our experience.
Have loved all the lovely reports so far and really whetted my appetite for three weeks in my most favourite place.
Title: Re: Kalkan mode about to be entered BEWARE!
Post by: Blue Lizard on September 02, 2016, 11:59:02 AM
Way to go Joycie!! Hope you and Bri have a wicked time..(not watching Warwicksire bears by any chance? i like them too as well as Blues) ;)
it's a known fact that men don't need as many clothes as ladeeez
Post by: joycie on September 02, 2016, 12:13:37 PM
Yes the Bears and the Blues are quite a big part of Bri's sporting life. So when I tip out half of his clothes to accomodate mine I won't feel half as guilty knowing that you understand that he doesn't need them.
Post by: Lizilu20 on September 02, 2016, 12:23:18 PM
Yay, Joycie's on her way - well very nearly  :)

Wise words there from BL as usual, I've managed to whittle OH's wardrobe into a capsule over the years. Just keep it colour co-ordinated and he'll be fine. Wish they made mens clothes reversible then I could whittle down even more  ;D

Really looking forward to your musings Joycie and have a safe journey. Can't wait to hear about your stopover in Kekova too. I bet it's lovely when all the boat tourists go home for the day.  :)

Post by: joycie on September 02, 2016, 12:26:57 PM
Yes im looking forward to Kekova stopover. Like most have been on days out but never been there for a night before.
Post by: kalkan4eva on September 02, 2016, 01:01:23 PM
Well our secrets out, ladies... :-[
Seems we all remove our husbands clothes from the suitcases when they are otherwise distracted :o. Yes they definitely need less clothes than us, but theirs are so much heavier..! Always my excuse when we're unpacking on arrival and I hang up 40 dresses to BH's 4 pair of shorts.
Looking forward to reading all about your holiday, joycie...lets hope its only eventful in a good way this year ;)
Post by: Babs on September 02, 2016, 02:45:40 PM
Have a lovely time Joycie, look forward to hearing all about it!
Post by: Haybo on September 02, 2016, 09:07:03 PM
Have a safe trip. Can't wait to read your reports
Post by: joycie on September 02, 2016, 10:15:45 PM
Thank you. So I've bought another set of scales to weigh my cases. Went to the hairdressers and said I would use my wonderful bus pass to get home so that I could do my own thing for five. I have driven for years and indeed always had my own car when I was gainfully employed but since we retired we've opted for one vehicle and a bus pass. I digress. Got home and Bri tells me that my case is on the seriously worrying weight wise and his is perfect. Must take him to the opticians. Mine is way underweight and his is way way underweight. Time to redress my wardrobe and items missing which need to be gainfully employed that is sitting in my suitcase just in case.
I shall be so glad to be sitting on the plane  with all packing worries behind me. I once bought another suitcase in Sydney because my wonderful husband hadn't told me that I'd got a much bigger baggage allowance than I thought and once he'd confessed off to Paddies market in Sydney to purchase the bag.
Post by: Chris_S on September 03, 2016, 06:41:21 PM
His and Hers cases?

Don't you split everything, in case one ends up in Reykjavik or Jakarta?

>:D
Post by: joycie on September 03, 2016, 08:55:28 PM
So I weighed my cases again today just because I could. My case is definetly heavier than Bris and normally I do put a bit of both in each case. So I watched Pointless and Strictly Cone Dancing then the cat sat on my lap so my idea of repacking them before Casualty simply hasn't happened. A brandy and coke was put in my hand I started to watch the lottery guess what I still haven't repacked them.
Oh well first thing tomorrow I will definetly split the cases and turf out anything surplus to requirements in Brian's case. Noticed I watched Strictlly Cone Dancing so note to self don't drink brandy and write blog.
Post by: kalkan4eva on September 03, 2016, 10:17:41 PM
 ;D ;D
A touch of the joycies already!!
Quite frankly I think I'd want to watch Cone Dancing more than Come Dancing....
Post by: joycie on September 03, 2016, 10:41:56 PM
Oh I need a holiday Monday seems to be further away than ever. Kalkan makes my I pad head and hand go awry and when I put the two together it's downright hopeless. Oh well bed is beckoning so the repackingwill take place tomorrow I promise.
Post by: Bob & Jayne on September 04, 2016, 07:35:50 AM
Oh Joycie, you must be so excited today, not long to go now.  Have a fabulous holiday, safe journey, and don't forget a blog or two if you have time!

:D :D

J&B

Post by: joycie on September 04, 2016, 11:10:14 AM
Thank you Jayne you and Lizzie and all the other wonderful blogs on here have whetted my appetite.
I spent a restless night thinking that I really should try and repack the cases. I've been round the world for heavens sake and I've never had so much trouble as I've had this time trying to pack for three weeks in Kalkan. So with great trepidation I approached mine first. I lifted the lid with great caution almost as if there was something horrible lurking in its midst.Guess what nothing jumped out just an ordinary suitcase full of clean clothes some washing capsules and some dish washer tablets etc. The penthouse apartment that we go to is fabulous and really well equipped and this year were moving on to Sues Villa for the last week. She says the transfer will be seem less but obviously hasn't seen the twist that I've got my knickers in at the mo.
Over to the other suitcase and that's got the water hammock in it. No nothing untoward there either . Closed it breathed a sigh of relief and went for a shower. So why have I found another skirt nail varnish lady shaver etc. sitting nicely on top of the case to be included. Please let it be Monday so I can't find anything else that needs to be included.
Post by: joycie on September 04, 2016, 12:31:55 PM
Just had message from our best friend Daisy whose coming to join us on Tuesday with my partner in crime. He has been reading my blog and his advice is just throw it all in it will be fine. Right advice taken!
Post by: Blue Lizard on September 04, 2016, 12:48:25 PM
Well hot diggedy dawg........ A man called Daisy?🌸🙄
Post by: joycie on September 04, 2016, 01:07:01 PM
It's a long story BL but even worse he calls my husband Dad and there's only a months difference in their ages. You can imagine the looks when we're all out together.
Post by: Babs on September 04, 2016, 02:10:16 PM
Oh joycie......I'm so looking forward to hearing about your holiday.....with Daisy and dad!  :laugh:
Post by: samson on September 04, 2016, 02:50:27 PM
get rid of the dishwasher tablets. they are really cheap in Bim!
Post by: joycie on September 04, 2016, 03:21:33 PM
Think I ought to change the heading on my blog to Days out in Kalkan with Daisy and Dad?
Post by: Chris_S on September 04, 2016, 09:10:18 PM
Sounds Good - just as long as it's got a title that's memorable (especially for those of us with short memories) - now where was I? :angel:
Post by: joycie on September 04, 2016, 09:58:27 PM
Cloud cuckoo land just like me by the sound of it. Oh dear there really is no hope. Perhaps Kalkan will save me roll on tomorrow.
Post by: itstime on September 04, 2016, 10:18:07 PM
Hurry up,  it's wonderful out here  :D
Post by: joycie on September 05, 2016, 09:25:02 AM
Well cases all packed hand luggage weighed and measured. We're flying with Monarch from Brum and they can be a bit fussy with hand luggage so I've made sure that my handbag will go into my carry on just in case. Remember spending a very bitter and twisted time in Birrmingham departures comparing everybody else's hand luggage after I had been asked to get rid of my handbag once. There were loads that were bigger than mine and Brian had to stop me from asking the question to Monarch.
We've already checked in printed our boarding pass etc so just drop off our cases and duty free here we come.
So next time we speak well be well ensconced in Kalkan and hopefully Daisy and Dad will be a double act again.
Title: Re: Kalkan mode about to be entered BEWARE
Post by: joycie on September 06, 2016, 07:21:37 AM
The airport was a doddle except for Dads hand luggage which was rechecked for a suspicious item. No not me this time Daisy. The tripod for his camera which has flown here there and everywhere with us came up on the scanner. Oh well better safe than sorry.
Our flight was due to take off at 2.30 but we boarded the plane before 2.00 and were waiting our take off slot well before due time. The plane was half full or half empty depending on whether you're an optimist or a pessimist but that meant that there was plenty of room in the overhead lockers and it was so easy to disembark it was unbelievable. Flight was 3hours40mins really smooth and we landed at Dalaman with a few other flights. Again baggage came through quickly through to where the drivers wait and an old friend was waiting who had taken us many times to and fro Dalaman.
We stopped for water and Bri and I ate a sandwich which we had purchased at the airport. I know w I digress but we had lunch at Wetherspoons at Brum very nice but the prices were out of this world. We moan about Dalaman prices but a large glass of red wine was £6.80 pint of John Smiths £3.80 and meals which we would normally have had on a mealdeal were over £20.
Anyway enough moaning I'm on my holidays. We sped on our white knuckle road to Kalkan. I gripped Dads hand and never have I been so thrilled to see Kalkan in all my life.Samet was there to greet us and we walked into lovely Sahane and felt we were home.
I decided to unpack there and then so set to it and then we settled on the balcony with a glass of red wine.
It was so warm. We retired Bri put the air con on in the bedroom. I was freezing so Bri turned it off. I was boiling so Bri put it back on. Get the pattern. Suffice to say we are smiling and about to start our wonderful three weeks in Kalkan. Just waiting for Mor and Daisy and t he laughing will begin.
Post by: Kalkan Magic on September 06, 2016, 08:20:34 AM
Glad you had a good journey Joy, flight time is amazing. 3 weeks is great, we hope to do that one day lol!! Enjoy and thanks for posting 💕
Post by: Lizilu20 on September 06, 2016, 10:26:51 AM
Glad you arrived safe and sound Joycie. I'm laughing as I read this as that air con scenario sounds just like us.

Happy holidays and savour every minute.  :)
Post by: Sezkalkan on September 06, 2016, 11:24:46 AM
That sounds fantastic - I'm so jealous and cannot wait until the day I can spend 3 weeks or more in beautiful Kalkan.  Have a great time.
Post by: Bob & Jayne on September 06, 2016, 01:52:02 PM
Oh Joycie what a fab report, glad you are all settled in and had what sounds like a great journey too.  I am sitting at my desk just reminiscing and thinking what a wonderful 3 weeks you will have! re the air conditioning, ha ha ha that is so funny, know the scenario only too well! ...

Have fun in the sun and look forward to more reports.

J&B
Post by: Babs on September 06, 2016, 06:43:52 PM
With you on the air con......have spent many a happy holiday jumping up and down all night so now sleep with the control jammed between our pillows so I can have the power without moving!!  :laugh:
Have a wonderful holiday with dad, Daisy and Mor!
Post by: joycie on September 06, 2016, 09:58:19 PM
I woke up at 6.00 UK time but 8.00 Kalkan time. The sun had just started to break through. I adjusted my watch and decided breakfast was my job this morning. We had bought bacon with us and so with the bread that was part of our welcome pack some tomaoes left in the fridge and Iceland bacon which had been stowed in the case I cooked breakfast.
It was  delicious. So we had better do some shopping this morning  make a list. Carrefour is our nearest supermarket but we decided a trip to the green grocers first plums lettuce tomatoes radish onions potatoes all for four pounds were purchased and a walk back to Darrefour  for the rest of our provisions duly ensued.
We walked back to Carrefour. Oh heck have you bought the list? Bread butter washing up liquid the list was endless. Already had a bag of green groceries so how were we going to transfer the rest. A trolley of course. Pretty please could we just borrow your trolley fir five and of course it would be returned as soon as. So Bri and me  negitiated the hill back to Sahane with a laden trolley deposited the shopping and mugging ME took the trolley back.
Phew it was hot. Bri decided we would have lunch in town so we duly headed for Feners but actually had lunch at Kleos. There was nobody sitting there and I felt sorry for gem. Really enjoyed our lunch and duly staggered home.
Mor and Daisy arrived at about 4.30 finally our holiday could begin.
We decided that they could have the servants quarters of the pent house suite giving it its posh name. Mor unpacked after an Efes straight from the fridge and Dave was impressed that I'd set up the safe all on my own.
We went out for dinner via Botanik. Never been in there before but it was lovely a little more expensive we thought but nevertheless very pleasant and out of the sun.
Where to eat? Waipahu had had good reviews and Euan previously at Chilliest wad front of house and pleased to see us. We negotiated 10 per cent off our bill and proceeded to have one of the best steaks ever.
It was quite busy but looking over the to of top restaurants they looked quite quiet. Zulu was closed.
The meal was delicious abnd it came to about £50 per couple which included 3 bottles of wine. We trundled Homs well satisfied with our meal and now Mor and Daisy are here we can begin the holiday.

Post by: pw on September 07, 2016, 05:55:57 AM
You negotiated 10% off before you ate one of the best steaks ever? I hope you tipped well.

pw
Post by: Haybo on September 07, 2016, 06:45:53 AM
These reports are hotting up! Sounds like you are going to have fun with your friends! Loving your hard bargaining style!  Had missed the Joycie's.......extra fun working out what you thought you were typing!

Babs....same for us with the aircon remote.....in between the pillows! I resorted to a blanket as D had the room in arctic conditions.  I think stand alone fans are much better...you get a cooling breeze with no frostbite
Post by: Bob & Jayne on September 07, 2016, 05:57:04 PM
What a fab blog Joycie, hope that you have had another fab day of fun in the sun, and yes Wapiano do wonderful food don't they, and if you ask nicely they will even clear a space for a dance floor!! If you do decide to go there again, the Grouper is delicious too.  :D

J&B
Post by: Blue Lizard on September 07, 2016, 06:11:13 PM
As of 1st Sept Grouper became an endangered species and it is no longer legal to fish for them by line or commercially for 4 years ..(give them time to regroup :-X)..you might find it difficult to find in future ;)
Post by: joycie on September 07, 2016, 08:41:01 PM
So we had another difficult night with the air conditioning. Don't know where we're going wrong but got up and looked over Bri menacingly. Oh  . He got out of bed and wentinto
the lounge to find another remote. Came back into the bedroom but couldn't find the light switch for the lounge. Oh dear  how difficult was it. He pressed every light switch going and eureka the lights went off.
Went back to sleep. In the night I was really warm guess what the air conditioning had gone off so I gave up opened the door and went back to sleep. Bri hadn't noticed I left him asleep.
Woke up  and put the kettle on. Climbed up to the pent house with black coffies in hand said good morning to Mor and Daisy and left them to it.
Daisy cooked the breakfast. It was delicious. Egg bacon tomatoes toast and a cup of tea.. What more can we want.
We decided that we would Go to Indigo today. W trundled down the town got some money from the supermarket next to the beagle bar .The rate was really good and it had gone down five by the end of the day
Arrived at Indigo decided to have a drink before we descended to our beds.  Fresh orange juice for me and Mor iced coffee for Daisy and Turkish tea for Bri. Delicious.
Dave had a swim a turtle joined him we sat and snoozed on the sun beds,
Perhaps we ought to go and have an Efes. It was yard arm time so three of us were upwardly mobile. Bri was nearly asleep and then I realise he was going hypo. Mor and I took an arm each to guide him up the stairs and then one of the lovely Indigo guys took charge and he and Mor saw him to our table,
Oh Bri why? He kept trying to go to sleep which is the worst thing that could happen. I had some glucose sweets in my bag  so gave him two, it was like watching paint dry so I asked the lovely Indigo guy could we have some ice cream, it was full of sugar and surely would do the trick. It was so hot the ice cream was melting and Bri was still trying to go to sleep.Brian please ice cream was everywhere. All over the table cloth down Bri's clean t shirt but slowly going into his mouth.
Eureka we had a sensible Bri at last but a very dirty table cloth. Murder is always in my mind when Bri is hypo but an Efes and a lovely beef burger put me back on track. We went back to our sun beds. The lovely guy that had helped us came to see if we were alright and assured us that he was there should we require his help.

We snoozed and swam and at about 4.00 decided to find a taxi. Dad and Daisy paid the bill and then we were told that tea and cake on the house was about to be served. Of course we stayed and it was lovely. Freshly made cake still hot. Mmm.
Taxi found winged our way to lovely Sahane. Daisy walked back into town and purchased a cooked chicken some wine and lovely rocket lettuce. We were eating in tonight.
The sun was going down fast so we retired to the pent house suite to watch its demise. It was magnificent were so lucky.
Mor and I descended back to kitchen level and proceeded to do the salad. Daisy had already
Put the jackets in. Got the chicken and it was still hot but absolutely delicious.
Sat having a drink and somehow I managed to knock my wine over completely smashing the glass. Sue if you're reading this I promise I will replace it,.
Swept the debris up disposed of it and reflected on our fabulous but accident prone day. Roll on tomorrow.

Post by: Lizilu20 on September 08, 2016, 12:34:38 PM
Sounds like a fab day, apart from Bri's hypo. Maybe he's getting more exercise than usual,swimming, trudging up hills etc? Hope he manages to sort his control out so you don't have any more problems. I bet he only did it do he could have some ice cream and to keep you on your toes  ;) ;D

We loved Indigo and meant to go back there but somehow in our busy schedule, we never got chance. The staff are so kind there aren't they. Loved the tea and cakes too, a nice touch. Your chicken and salad dinner sounded good too.

Looking forward to your next post already.  :)
Post by: joycie on September 08, 2016, 08:49:52 PM
Daisy sorted our air conditioning and a perfect night ensued. Forgot to tell you about our importing bacon experience. We normally bung two packs into our case wrapped in cling film and ready to cook. Daisie wrapped his in a box with Christmas paper. Neither of us was questioned and our breakfasts have been truly wonderful. Made sure that Bri had extra bread today so no hypos.
Today was a town beach day. Sahane is beautifully situated on the Dere development so we turned left and meandered down to the old town and then down to he beach. Daisy peered over the wall decided where we were going to plonk ourselves and marched forward with attitude.
We sat on our beds but we were right in e sun and no matter how we positioned ourselves we were too hot. Solution get another umbrella. Perfect . Daisy and Mor went in the sea. The beach was full of Turkish families enjoying  the sun sea and pebbles.
11.30 was surely yard arm time so we dragged ourselves from the beach to Kleos, Efes and a Turkish tea were the order of the day and we were the only people sitting there. Looked at the menu and a pizza salad and chips were the order of the day. Still nobody sitting there. I remember when you were fighting for seats at Kleos but not today.

Beautiful beautiful meal. More seats taken thank goodness. So we meandered back to the beach and sat on our chairs. Dave went back into the sea. We didn't.
Decided to get a taxi back and spend the afternoon at Sahane. Good choice the pool was wonderful. Well I thought so Bri was not convinced. We're having a villa for the last week so I tried bouncing up and down in the water to see I I could look at the villa pool. It's just in front of our wonderful SahaneNot very successful with the bouncing so we,Lloyd just have to wait and see. Tonight was a night in Daisy and Mor went back down to town to replenshish our supplies Bri and I went back upstairs and drank tea.
Sea bass was the order of the day cooked in foil on the bbq. We put jacket potatoes in the oven made a lovely salad  and waited for the sea bass to cook. Bri was despatched to fetch the salad up to the terrace and meanwhile Dausy had cooked mushrooms in a blue cheese sauce for starters .It was delicious. We took loads of photos and watched the boats going to and fro. Poseidon was one of them and we remembered the wonderful time we'd had on Poseidon fir our wedding anniversary 8 years ago.
I know I digress but on our way home from the beach we were enticed into Samdan. He gave us the most beautiful frozen apple juice on the house and in return we booked a meal there for Friday night. I'll let you know!
Post by: Bob & Jayne on September 09, 2016, 10:36:43 AM
Joycie, loving your reports, highlight of my day, logging on and reading about your adventures. Thank you.  :D
Post by: kalkan4eva on September 09, 2016, 12:59:44 PM
Enjoying your reports, joycie.
We are also secret bacon smugglers, never had a problem, but I love that Daisy (still cant get over this name for a man...) wraps his in Christmas paper...assuming this is to fool customs officers should he be stopped and cases inspected.??

We've stayed at Sahane - lovely apartment, great views and a mere hop skip and a jump away from the old town. When we're out and about on our epic walks and pass the Dere development we always reminisce about staying there...loved it.

Looking forward to hearing more about your stay...make sure Dad keeps his sugar levels up, what an attention seeker :laugh: :laugh:
Post by: keith on September 09, 2016, 07:34:50 PM
Thoroughly enjoying your posts Joyce......they are making me reminisce about our last visit and.......wetting our appetite for next June.......can't come soon enough!!
Post by: joycie on September 09, 2016, 09:15:43 PM
Today has been a really lovely day. Woke up with a start this morning seem to be sleeping in a little longer each morning and always feel guilty if I haven't made the tea and coffee and despatched to the upper level by 7.30.
We were going to meet friends at the Nur apartments today. They are lovely apartments and we'd stopped there three times ourselves and on one of these occasions Mandy and Paul and Jackie and Tim were also residing there. Mor wasn't feeling brill this morning so she and Daisy stopped by the pool. We got ready and set out and just before Carrefour Bri remembered that he hadn't got his jelly babies or his blood monitoring machine. Only one answer back he went to retrieve them I stopped in be shade of Carrefour.
Watched the cars and taxis hearing up and down the road waiting for Bri but he returned quite quickly and off we meandered again.
Got to the Nur and decided to have a drink at Passeport Pizza. Ordered a fresh orange and a Turkish tea and two fresh oranges appeared. Brian drank the other one no probs. Paid the bill 24tl. Went through the bar up he stairs and we were there by the Nur pool.
Jackie and Tim were lounging by the pool and Mandy and Paul were still in bed because they'd had a late arrival. It was lovely to catch up and then Mandy and Paul arrived with fresh figs and oranges and we all caught up and confirmed our cocktail master class for Saturday at Black and Gold.
We were busy chatting when a Turkish gentleman and the little girl that had served us to our orange juice appeared with 14tl and apologised for overcharging us for our orange drinks. I couldn't believe it we were happy with what we paid and the honesty in returning the overpayment was wonderful. So we ordered three Efes and an orange juice duly delivered and they were wonderful.
Mor had texted me to say they were going to Hunkers for lunch so I replied saying that we would meet them there.
They were already there when we arrived so two more Efes and Bri had a small pizza Dave had chicken wings and Mor and I had Pide and a share in some chicken wings. Ooh they were lovely too. Climb back to Sahane and a nice cup of tea.
Dave went for a swim  and Mor me and Bri chewed the cud till Daisy's return.
I was feeling fat and tired but dying for a swim. Mor hadn't got her costume on but quickly went upstairs and changed when I decided that I was going to take the plunge. Oh it was lovely we swam a few lengths of the pool and because it was so hot decided to dry out on the chairs by the pool,
The umbrella became a challenge and me and Mor disappeared in its confines whilst trying to put it up. We couldn't stop laughing but neither Dad or Daisy appeared to help us do in a eureka moment Mor put it up and we sat breathing heavily on the chairs.
We decided to invent some different events for the olympics. One which Mors son had a gold medal in was wanging cat poo with  a stick and attaining the target of the top of a line post. Apparently this had been done in a fit of rage once but we decided to set an Olympic standard of cat poo wangling in our deranged state by the side of the pool.
Time to shower and get changed methinks. Dinner was to be at Ramdan ? Might have that wrong but next to Seaport on the harbour.
We went to Fenners first for a drink. It was lovely sitting there watching the boats return, the two Yildiz boats returned together and a big gullet not recognised by me also sailed steadily into the harbour.
We finished our drinks and proceeded over the road to Ramjam or Golden Plate as it was previously known. We had stuffed mushrooms and cheese rolls for starters Bri had liver and onions I had chicken tikka Mor had a fillet stake and Dave had a sizzling chicken. They were absolutely delicious and Mor said her steak was on a par with Tuesday's meal.
We'd had a starter a bottle of red and a bottle of white and the meals came to 360tl.
We finished with complimentary  Baileys and Mor had iced apple juice. It was lovely.
We paid the bill and meandered to the taxis. We wanted to stop at a Yacht point to make a donation towards the vets bills for a little dog that had been hit by a car and broken it's leg. His owner was there and so was the dog. We fell I love with it made our donation and went to the taxi rank.
We were soon despatched up the road to Sahane and ended our day with a glass of wine on the terrace. Tomorrow we are cocktail making cant wait.
Post by: Blue Lizard on September 09, 2016, 11:25:05 PM
Loving it Joycie!!! But how did Mors son get the cat to poo on the stick?🙀🙀
Post by: joycie on September 10, 2016, 05:52:43 AM
Well Blue Lizard the answer to that is I don't know. Apparently the cat poo stopped unnoticed on the top of the line post next door for ages.
Post by: Haybo on September 10, 2016, 02:48:48 PM
This thread has taken an alarming and totally unexpected new direction! Thats what I Love about this forum.  Our capacity to share the most bizzare yet hilarious anecdotes is what brings me back again and again.  Come on joycie and Mor...what next? My son and I like to sit on woggles/noodles like they are a bike or horse and have what we call 'bobo races'. This stems from what my grandmother tells me I used to call horses...bobo's!
Post by: joycie on September 10, 2016, 08:13:12 PM
We have had a wonderful day today. Lots of doing nothing but a real pleasing feeling inside nevertheless.
We were meeting the Nur crowd fir a cocktail seminars today at Black and Gold so we decided to start our day by the pool.  Dave had cooked breakfast as usual and it was delicious. We made sure that Dad had enough  carbohydrates and ate egg bacon mushrooms the the to die for tomatoes and a lovely piece of toast.
Dave went down to the pool and Bri followed. Mor and I decided not to get wet as we were going cocktail making later.
We left Sahane at 12.00 and made our way to Sopranos for lunch. We had been when Bri was in hospital and it was Hann? In those days.
Sat out of the sun and ordered omelettes and a bowl of chips for four. Two Efes and a delicious meal later it was time to meet up with the Nur crowd. Then two delicious on the house sweets arrived and it would have been rude not to eat them so we did. We decided that we must have an evening meal there.
Waited by the island for a bit wondering if we were at the right one. Dave and Bri had gone shopping for tonight's gastronomic experience so Mor and I decided to walk down to Black and Gold to see if the others were there.
Turned the corner and there they were. Couldn't remember where to meet us. Well that was there excuse and they were sticking to it.
Went in to Black and Gold. Had passed it before but never been in but it was lovely. We had booked our cocktail class on line. Eight seats were there with glasses of water and some lovely picky bits to keep us going.
We were paired off and Mor and I did the first cocktail trial. It was a brain something or other but absolutely delicious. Burak had given us a short resume of how cocktails had come into being and it was really interesting.
The next four had a go at their cocktails all different and all delicious and we also had a go at making shots. It was brilliant another cocktail or two to be mastered Mor was put on the naughty step for drinking hers before she should and then the final part was a competition between the six of us.
We split into two teams of three. Burak made the cocktail first and we had to divide the making of it into three parts. It was wonderful and the judge decided that Mandy Jackie and Hannah were the winners and they were given a bottle of champagne as a prize.
We all had lovely certificates and left feeling very happy and slightly tipsy after ou master class.
Taxi home and tea was undeway. Chicken in a sweet chille sauce with jacket potato and salad. Delicious.
As we left Black and Gold we decided we would all meet up at Sahane on Sunday to drink the champagne and then go for dinner afterwards.
It was such a lovely day and we still have Kekova on Monday. Can't wait.
Post by: joycie on September 11, 2016, 09:58:11 PM
Sunday today nearly been here a week. Where's that gone to? Lovely breakfast cooked by Daisy as usual and then decisions decisions where to today. Alright Palm Beach it was. Bag packed hiking boots on and down the slippery slope to town. Needed some money changing and the jewellers has the best rates. It's bank holiday and the banks are shut for a week. Yardans first call but they hadn't got any lire they'd got to go to the cash dispenser to get some. No I couldn't work that one out. One door away next jewellers. Oh my the most beautiful sapphire bracelet was gleaming in the window. Bri had bought me one last time we were out but this was the bracelets of all bracelets. There was a no you can't have it but we also didn't ask the price. Watch this space.
Money changed onwards to the harbour. It was hot but we made it down and the Palm Beach boat was waiting. We boarded only one other passenger apart from us four and off we went. It was choppy but only a hop skip and a jump. I can't help thinking that if we had been sat on the beach watching us we'd have thought we were mad.
Arrived in no time and the boat mans breakfast was waiting for him. He took it and stowed it in the stern and we ascended the steps to the first level. There was nobody sitting there so we chose four front row seats manoeuvred them out of the sun and proceeded to watch the day boats leave the harbour. I love watching them and soon they were under sail and away.
11.30 was yardarm time so we climbed up the next level to the restaurant. I noticed that the swinging chair that Bri loved after his heart attack has gone. Just boring old sun beds.
We sat down and ordered four Efes. They were delicious. Think only another couple of people joined us and we reminisced how different to the last time when we could hardly get a seat.
Enjoyed our lunch and moved back to our chairs. I fell asleep it was very warm but lovely and a few more people had made the trip across.
About 4 we decided to make the return journey so we settled our bill and the boat was called to pick us up. He bounced across the sea and made it to safe harbour where another lovely plate of food awaited him. This again was stowed on the back of the boat and he watched it all the way back over making sure that it didn't disappear into the ocean.
We stopped at the little supermarket on the harbour bought some Efes and butter then made our way to the taxi rank.
He winged us up to Sahane and charged us 8tl. Now yesterday same journey 7tl and I gave him a 10tl note. It's just that I hate being ripped off and I wonder what the price will be next time.
We went straight to the pool. It was wonderful. Bri had gone to the loo and when he returned he'd got a tray full of tea it was wonderful.
We were meeting up with the Nur lot. Got a text from Mandy saying she'd got hair troubles so they wouldn't arrive till 7. Walked down to Carrefour to see if I could see them but no sign so Bri took my place and espied them walking up the road.
The sun was just setting and it's a magnificent site from Sahane. I rushed them up to the pent house suite which Mor and Daisy had left in pristine condition and when they stepped out on to the balcony they couldn't believe their eyes.
The view is out of this world and with a setting sun it was just unbelievable. They had bought our winnings or rather our listings with them so I opened it gave the lads an Efes and all marvelled the view. They now know that as much as I love the Nur the view from Sahane is unbeatable and that's why I just love it there. They loved the bedroom of the pent house suite and I feel that if I'm not careful I'll be fighting to book my own piece of paradise soon.
We meandered down to town. Went to Samdan again because the steaks were so lovely last time.
The roof terrace soon filled up and so did Seaport next door. Everybody enjoyed their meals and there was no room for puddings so the next stop was BSG where Mandy had negotiated a decent discount for her purchases.
I hadn't got a key so decided we should go home before Mor and Dave locked us out. The town was packed and do were a lot of the restaurants. Dave and Mor had been to Aqua at Kalamar and said that is was very quiet and that the owner had told them he wasn't sure if he'd be open next year.
So sad I hope that he is. Oh well Kekova tomorrow can't wait.
Post by: Babs on September 12, 2016, 07:01:40 PM
Thanks for sharing Joycie....you are certainly packing in the fun. Look forward to hearing about Kekova.....am determined to do that agin this year!
Post by: Bob & Jayne on September 12, 2016, 09:00:33 PM
Oh Joycie we are so enjoying your holiday reports, it's just like we are there. Thank you so much for posting. Have a lovely day at Kekova. Will it be a trip to the Castle or the icecream shop like it was for us?? Fingers crossed for Cafe Aqua though. So sad for them isn't it?

J&B
Post by: joycie on September 13, 2016, 06:31:25 AM
With great apologies my blog may be a little late today. I sat for an hour breathing in the beauty of Kekova and doing my account of our wonderful day. Somehow and if I could I would blame Bri but he was snoring raucously behind me while I gathered my thoughts. Satisfaction blog done press the button Hey Presto NOT. Don't know what button I pressed but in an instant the whole shebang had disappeared without a trace.
I promise that when I return to Kalkan it will be done again.
Post by: joycie on September 13, 2016, 08:27:59 AM
Sat on our balcony at Sahil regathering my thoughts. Just had a delicious breakfast by the sea. Saw the bread delivered and everybody queued to get their fresh bread. What a way for the baker to deliver in a boat. The cherry jam was so beautiful two fried eggs cheese tomatoes cucumber and lovely lovely butter. We watched our orange juice be made and an obligatory cup of Nescafé rounded it all off.
Back to yesterday. We waited for the car to be delivered it arrived we inspected it for scratches and then tootled off to the garage to feed it with some petrol. So we were off.
Onto the Kas road the views never fail to amaze me. Past Adems we're going to call there on the way back and ask him to pick us up one evening so that we can have a lovely meal there.
Stopped for a photo shoot over Kas marina. Off again. It reminded me of the journey Bri and I had taken to Antalya at the end of our heart attack holiday.
We found the turning fir Kekova and meandered round the roads mostly behind a bus which just kept missing people coming the other way.
We arrived and it was chaos. People were trying to get us to park on their property in the hopes that we would avail ourselves of one of their relatives boats. We pressed on to the municipal car park behind the bus that was just squeezing through the narrow streets.
The car park was chocca block but we managed to find a space.
We left our stuff  in the car and walked round through all the stalls to a riverside bar where we were being picked up by Eric. Don't know his real name but he reminded Mor of someone she knew called  Eric so that is who he became.
Dave phoned him to tell him we were here and he said he'd be over. They fetched the stuff from the bar and we all had an Efes while we waited.
Our transport arrived a lovely motor launch we got in and sped off across the water.
We saw Sahil Pansiyon as we came in to land and it was delightful.Four lovely tables sat on the water well on a pontoon but absolutely wonderful.
We went to our room. Mor and Daisy were next door and there was a lovely little fence between the terraces. We decided to have lunch before our swim. That was delicious so fully sated it was time to get changed and go for a swim.
Down the steps and into the sea it was so warm. We were knee deep and although it was crystal clear it was difficult to negotiate the bottom of the ocean, Refreshed we decided to have a look at the castle whose flag was flying proudly in the wind.
Daisy said he'd meet us at the bottom of the steps by our room. I digress the name of the castle is Kalekoy and the village is Kalekoy (castle village) just prompted by Daisy.
We started the ascent. Oh flipping heck hadn't got my hat or put any sun tan lotion on. What a novice am I.
The inhabitants of Kalekoy must have been giants judging by the size of the steps and I was struggling to get up. Lots of Turkish ladies selling and one little old lady spotted Mor and I were English and insisted that she gave us a good luck charm. Duly pinned to our t shirts Mors became a nipple covered. It was a lovely thought.
On we went. I wanted to five up inside but no through the turnstile to the castle although heaven knows why we couldn't go through the open gate and then I saw the steps. WOW.
Mor talked me out of sitting on a nice comfortable stone and we carried on to the top.
The view was fantastic but dangerous if you went near the edge but I'd done it. Down we went and stopped at a lovely little cafe half way down. Oh for a drink so my choice was fresh orange and pomegranate juice. Nectar comes to mind. The others had tea and complimentary sponge cake which was deliciouss. I watched the kids queuing for ice cream. They were given a plastic spoon and were allowed to try the different flavours..You can see that happening at home.
Back down to Sahil quicker than we went up.Retired to our rooms showered and met on the terrace for a drink. It was so lovely all the trip boats had gone and it was so peaceful.
We were going to eat somewhere different but didn't want to upset Eric. Mor climbed over the fence on to our terrace with a little help from her friends and we tiptoed down the stairs straight into Eric.  Oh dear serves us right for being devious. Evening Eric how nice to see you no thank you we don't need a torch oh the shame of it.
We meandered through the restaurants chose our desired eating place and sat down.
We asked for one white two red and a beer. Then the masters wife came and we told her exactly the same. So what did we get two white one red and a beer. We were very polite and accepted it graciously.
This is where I leave you and return on the little boat. More will be revealed in my next blog.
Post by: Babs on September 13, 2016, 08:33:31 AM
Sounds lovely Joycie......and you made it to the top, well done! Next time remember protection......sounds like certain bits of Mor were ok though!  ;D ;D
Post by: joycie on September 13, 2016, 01:24:29 PM
So we were in the restaurant trying  to get a drink. The table behind us was still full of wine and empty glasses and we noticed how much respect wine had been left. Our drinks had arrived and although different to our order everything was fine. Food next. Mor and I had sea bass Dave had a spicy kebab and Bri had chicken.It came with the biggest late of chips but they were delicious and we really enjoyed them. Meanwhile the people on the table behind had appeared and proceeded to finish the wine that we had spotted. They were off a great big cruiser moored by the restaurant. We loved our meal and when we decided to pay they brought the most beautiful baklava to the table which we wolfed down without a thought.
Time to return  to our accommodation. Lovely walk through the other restaurants across the little beach and we were there. Decided to have a night cap and I started my blog. Big mistake "After a drink or two we retired. Bri was snoring in no time while I sat studying my blog, an hour later I posted it or so I thought and guess what nothing there.
Give up I'll do it in the morning.
Morning came and we were awake quite early aware that we'd got to wend our way to Kalkan. Breakfast was served on the pontoon at the front of the pansiyon.
Tomatoes and cucumber cheese and butter fried eggs and the most beautiful home made cherry jam. We wolfed it down with Nescafé and freshly pressed orange juice
After breakfast Dave decided to go for a swim. Mor sat on the terrace with me and Bri and I tried to concentrate on my blog.
Dave returned we seethed up with Eric and got into the lovely boat for our return trip. It was so lovely and he took us to the quay not far from where the car was parked.
We stowed our stuff and then meandered off to look at the stalls yonder. Mor bought a lovely dress and Zi bought a dress which cost at least £4.

Back to the car and on our return journey we had decided that we would look in on Adem and then go up to Islamar for a trout lunch.
We made good time and when we came up to Kaputas we couldn't believe the amount of cars parked as far as the eye could see. Heavens knows what fun there was in that.
Lovely Adem welcomed us and we explained that we only wanted a drink but would he pick us up on Thursday and we would catch up then. We looked at the menu and the guest reviews and of course they were fabulous,
From Adems we went to our favourite trout restaurant in Islamar and had a beautiful Neal with wine and Efes.
Back to Kalkan and reality.

Post by: joycie on September 13, 2016, 01:28:42 PM
What I should have said is Adems daughters engagement party is a week on Friday at the bus station and he invited us to go,
Post by: keith on September 13, 2016, 02:21:38 PM
Terrific blogs Joyce especially after the frustration with 'losing' your original one. That happened to me last year and I found it quite difficult to summon up the motivation needed to start again. You've not only managed to re-write it but also managed to complete two thoroughly enjoyable reads. Sounds like you are having a great time and what an honour to be invited to the engagement party.
Post by: joycie on September 14, 2016, 05:43:23 AM
Just reread my blog from yesterday and realised at some point I had a beautiful Neal. Well I wish but as you've probably guessed it was a meal.
Post by: Bob & Jayne on September 14, 2016, 01:59:04 PM
Just catching up with your adventures Joycie, sounds absolutely wonderful, so glad you had a fab time in Kekova  :D :D
Post by: joycie on September 14, 2016, 03:01:10 PM
Well believe it or not this is the fourth attempt that I've had to try and finish yesterday's blog. So attempt number 5 here we go.
We called at the ATM in Kalkan for some English money so that we could change it to TL later and then meandered back to Sahane.
Dave and Mor went in the pool and Bri and I did some reading and caught up on our I pads.
We had a shower changed and decided to go to Chilies tonight to see Mr Happy.
As we walked out of the gate at Sahane a lady asked us if that was the name of the apartment we were from because she had read my blog and noticed Sahane as she walked down the  road. I asked her if she did reports but she said no but she did read them. It was nice to talk to her and we wondered off down to town.
We were going to have a drink at the beagle bar or Bezigrans but I wanted a small handbag for everyday use so that I could save my Coco Chanel for best. The lads went off to change the money and we went to Sports Direct.

Found a lovely White bag which I really liked. It wasn't small but what the heck but salesman wanted £50 for it. No way £10 which I had in my purse was my limit. He went white told me I was breaking his heart and I said Thankyou but no Thankyou and turned to go. Mor found me just what I wanted a Stella McCartney of course . Well what else would you get for £10. Sold to the lady with the £10 note and oh 5tl so that he could buy his cigarettes.
Said farewell clutching my £10 Stella and turned towards Bezigrans. Didn't make it there but sat and had a drink at the one with the yellow seats. Ashamed to say I've forgotten the name.
We made Chilies seemed strange without Euan meeting and greeting but Mr Happy was pleased to see us. Because it's Bayram the town is very busy and there was a large Turkish family eating there with a very loud tired screaming child. He was just so tired but Mom and Dad then had the sense to lay him on a couple of chairs and he went to sleep.
Peace reigned.  Daisy had a massage from Mr Happy and we had the lovely puffy bread starter and chicken in various modes for our mains. Pudding was chocolate brownie and ice cream for me ice cream for Mor and Bri and Daisy had the Turkish form of Viagara or so Mr Happy said. I don't know whether it worked or not didn't like to ask.
We left Chilies music was played and sung at Blue Turtle and it was lovely.
Back up to Sahane a drink on the top terrace and off to bed. A fabulous day.
Post by: joycie on September 15, 2016, 03:41:12 PM
Yesterday was Indigo beach day again. We like  it there easy to get to and the food is excellent. Not many people when we arrived but it soon filled up mainly Turkish who were celebrating bay ram. Cigarettes in one hand phone in the other they were certainly enjoying their bank holiday. The town is full and everywhere you look there are cars parked. Even in the road outside Sahane.
We decided to have an Efes and that always leads  on to lunch. Bri had his favourite tuna salad I'm sure he'll be swimming like a fish when we get home. It's so hot at the moment but we managed to keep in the shade.
We decided to return to Sahane as we were going to have a bbq. The harbour was empty every single boat must have gone out I've never seen it so bereft of boats.
Taxi back and into the cool. Daisy and Dad went to get our food for the bbq.
The sun started to depart and we decided to eat at about 7.30. On the top terrace is such a beautiful place to eat and the sunset is spectacular there.
Slight rearrangement of the sun beds and the table so that we could eat together.
Starters was mushrooms with cheese. Well I've never seen such a small mushroom in my life.
Daisy said the green grocers was lacking any decent mushrooms and of course I believe him.
I polished off my mushroom oh and half of another one without moaning I might have said oh I did enjoy that mushroom and any more would have been too much NOT.
On to our main course. Beef burger and chicken. The beef burger was delicious and so was the chicken but I wish I'd had more mushroom just saying Daisy.
We sat back and relaxed and took in the beauty of the evening. We laughed a lot always do and decided to retire well satisfied with our day.
Post by: kalkan4eva on September 15, 2016, 04:09:15 PM
Just catching up with your blog, sounds like you are having a great time - and Bri/dad is behaving himself :)
Your overnight stay in Kalekoy sounds so idyllic, I never knew you could do that, what a great idea.
I have laughed a few times at the "joycies" in your blogs, wouldn't be you if there wasn't the odd typo - beautiful Neal did make smile :)
Look forward to hearing more about your stay, keep them coming
Post by: joycie on September 15, 2016, 08:29:58 PM
Thank you just come back from Adems wil tell more tomorrow when I'm sober,
Post by: Bob & Jayne on September 16, 2016, 10:05:45 AM
Looking forward to hearing all about it Joycie! just thinking about Adem's shrimp casserole now! simply the best in my opinion!  :D

Jx
Post by: joycie on September 16, 2016, 04:01:23 PM
So yesterday was market day we decided to go this week. Mor had some bits to buy for her grandkids and I needed a glass to replace the one that I had broken and some handkerchiefs to replace the ones I'd forgotten for Brian.
We walked up towards the market. Had a quick iced coffee in the Nur patisserie and walked on up to the market.
We went our separate ways handkerchief and glass hunting and I turned left to where all the lovely fruit and veg is espying a stall that sold glassware. Couldn't buy a single wine glass but a box of six was 20tl so just in case I broke anymore I bought them.
Don't think Turkish men blow their noses on handkerchiefs I just couldn't find any perhaps paper tissues were the answer. Told Brian only to blow his nose on his one and only handkerchief if he was desperate. Mor had laundered it and ironed it beautifully. Yali here we come. No they don't sell handkerchiefs either.
Back to Sahane and sanity. We made lunch and ate inside it was too hot to eat outside.
Off to the pool for a swim WH came with us after Bri had inflated it. Dave lay on it like a Viking funeral.
Upstairs for a shower and change .
Adem was picking us up at 6.30 so we meandered to the front of Sahane and waited and waited. Nearly 7 still no sign so we decided to eat elsewhere turned to walk down the road and guess who came tazzing down the road Adem!
He'd been to Fethiye hospital with his 19 year old daughter who needs an operation for her abscess on her tooth. They couldn't do it immediately so she was going to have to go back next week. They said her dentist had used dirty equipment and hence caused the problem.
We talked about his wife's health problems and it seemed the weight of the world was on his shoulders.
Pulled in to his lovely property and he took us up to the higher level. There was only one table laid ours. We sat down and ordered a drink. A car pulled up and a Turkish family sat on the lower level. Meanwhile Adem had jumped over the fence and picked two red roses and put them in our wine bottles. They were beautiful and smelt of real roses if you know what I mean.
It was a lovely atmosphere and the view as usual was wonderful.
We shared delicious mushrooms, cheese rolls and Adems special cheese. Mmm Mmm absolutely scrumptious. Mor Daisy and Dad had lamb shank with potatoes. Mor had brought the mint sauce with her and wasn't going to miss the chance of using it.
We ordered another bottle of wine and thought about sweet. Meanwhile other tables had been taken and Adam said we'd brought him luck. Forgot to say I had a beef sizzler and that was lovely too.

For sweet I had banana crepe Dave had lemon crepe and Mor and Bri had ice cream. After we had consumed this veritable delight we had a complimentary Amaretto.
I'm sorry if this blog seems disjointed but Daisy is muttering in the background about my audacity to challenge his mushroom prowess TWO days ago.
Adem took us back and Mor and Dave said we (that is me and Bri) ought to book again next week. I think we probably will it's too lovely not to,
Post by: keith on September 16, 2016, 05:08:09 PM
Another excellent blog Joycie. All credit to Adem for dealing with his daughter's emergency and still managing to remember to pick you up. I read about his restaurant a lot and I will definitely be booking him in June next year. He and his family epitomises what we all love about the Turkish people and Kalkan.
Post by: joycie on September 16, 2016, 07:55:26 PM
Aden and his family are wonderful please support him if you can. The food is fantastic and he picks you up and drops you off with no probs.
When his kids were little we used to play hide and seek with them. Time passes too quickly.
Post by: joycie on September 16, 2016, 08:23:10 PM
So today is the  day before we move to the villa in front of us Sultinye. We have studied it from the back looked at the info on the web site from the front and can't wait to see it fir ourselves. Can't work out if there's anybody still there so will have to wait patiently to sample it girl ourselves.
We went back to Palm Beach ody. It's closed tomorrow fir a wedding so we were trying to decide if we could hire a pedalo or some such sort of transpor so that we could be nosey. I love a good wedding and think Kalkan is the perfect place for the nuptials.
We sat on the front row of the chairs again and watched the boats depart the harbour. We've done that so many times but it never fails to fascinate me I love it.
Up to the next level for lunch and a delicicious pizza with shared chips and a couple of Efes. What could be nicer?
Back to our beds Daisy and Dad fell asleep luckily neither snored and I now have the photo to blackmail Daisy should he ever use the ones he's got of me delicately sleeping.
Back to Sahane and packing ensued because we're lucky enough to be moving to Villa Sultinyhe tomorrow. It's just in front of us so hopefully as Sue says the move should be seamless.
Toilet rolls washing up liquid washing powder and dish washer tablets all ready to begin their new life in the villa.
Mor and I were sweating as we packed and we had a power cut which didn't help. Dave had gone to get a chicken for tea so we carried on regardless.
Finally all packed and Dave and chicken safely returned we sat and had a drink.
It was the most fantastic sunset tonight. The sea was a lovely pinky mauve and we sat happily on the balcony waiting for our home made wedges to cook.
Oh it was lovely. Dave had bought some ice cream back with him so I cut up the peaches and with the ice cream we had a really lovely pudding.
We sat on the top balcony trying to work out if the Villa had been vacated. What the heck it would be ours tomorrow and we could start a new adventure at least for the three days that Mor and Daisy have left.
Post by: joycie on September 17, 2016, 04:30:48 PM
So today we moved house
We were late getting up well we were for us. Done most of the packing yesterday only the odds and sods such as the Efes in the fridge and the ice cream in the freezer to be packed.

We had breakfast and Dave forgot the bacon. Apparently it was Dads fault because he asked if he could have the stalks off the mushrooms and with some fried potatoes and tomatoes taking his concentration he forgot about the bacon. Well that's his story and he's sticking to it.
Breakfast even without the bacon was delicious so we cleaned up and loaded the dishwasher for the last time in Sahane.
About 10.30 we were given the nod that we could move. Mr shifter and his crew that's Dad Daisy Mor and me picked up various carrier bags that we had packed our bits in. The suitcases were removed by professionals Semmet and helper. We waved goodbye to the Cennet crew through the garden gate and there was wonderful Sultinyhe.
We said hallo to the neighbours the Cennet crew and walked into a palace.
The villa is fabulous with a lovely outdoor seating area and we knew that we were in heaven for a week.
It was 12 yardarm time so we decided to walk down to Sopranos for lunch. We like it there very friendly and the chips are to die for. Three omelettes one cheeseburger and two dishes of to die for chips couldn't ask for anything more. Except a free pudding or two. Wow again absolutely delicious.
Mor and I decided not to accompany the boys on their shopping expedition or it would have meant us having to walk up more hill than we needed to. It was really hot and we puffed and panted back up to the Villa Mor needed the loo.
Got there switched the alarm off turned the key nothing. Tried it the other way nothing. So Mor had a go .She was as good as me. One of our neighbours saw us struggling popped into the garden turned the key and hey presto!
Where were we going wrong? Mor rushed to the loo.
We gave the Cennet mob a guided tour. They had always fancied the villa but had never been inside. They loved it. Oh dear more competition for our holiday accommodation.
We spent the afternoon by our own pool and it was lovely. Shower and drinkies time now.
Post by: Blue Lizard on September 17, 2016, 08:20:52 PM
Sounds like the start of another perfect week Joycie!! Topped off with Blues winning at home and Warwickshire winning the final at Lords ;)
Post by: joycie on September 17, 2016, 08:28:33 PM
We've sat on the patio of the villa tonight following the cricket and the football. A perfect day with perfect results.
Post by: Lizilu20 on September 18, 2016, 07:02:26 PM
Oh joycie I am enjoying your holiday. Have a fab second half in the villa.  :)
Post by: joycie on September 18, 2016, 07:07:28 PM
Thank you Lizilu were having ay wonderful holiday. Were at Aqua tonight in Kakamar fabulous meal.
Post by: joycie on September 18, 2016, 09:22:40 PM
Today was sad the last of the Nur crowd were going home and we had arranged to meet at the taxi island for breakfast. Mandy and co had had a fabulous breakfast at a place on the Kalamar Road previously but they didn't start serving till 10 so Sopranos it was.
He's a lovely guy there six of us seated and breakfast to be chosen.
Mandy wanted yoghurt fruit and honey. It wasn't on the menu but no probs soon arranged and three separate dishes with yoghurt fruit and honey appeared. Bri and I had full English with fresh orange juice and then three omelettes for the others with Sopranos chips. They really are delicious and a tour of Ge kitchen ensued which was absolutely spotless.
We shall return for an evening meal.
I should have said that a free sweet appeared after our breakfast was finished and for six of us with varying choices it came to about £50. Wonderful value.
Mandy had a t shirt which she asked us to change at the market and Paul brought the t shirt and a full tub if ice cream up to the villa.
We swam and sunbathed. Had a lovely day with lunch inside because it was so hot.
Again the afternoon was swimming and sleeping. Daisy went down to the supermarket by the beagle bar but they had run out of our red wine of choice. Sacre Bleu Rodney we had to opt for our second choice.
About 5 we retired to our rooms and showered and changed.
We were going to Aqua on the Kalamar Road. At Bread and More we stopped for an Efes and booked a meal for Friday evening for an Indian meal.
Onwards to Cafe Aqua. There were two people eating there but Yusuf and his lovely staff made us welcome.
We chose our starters first. Oh my they were lovely. A bottle of red and a bottle of white and we were in heaven.
Ate our starters and meanwhile seven more people had arrived for a meal.
I was pleased because Yusuf had indicated that thus may be his last year.
We chose our main courses and a veritable feast ensued. Dave had fried ice cream for pudding and I had lemon cheese cake. We had ordered a bottle of red and then a bit of Turkish dancing ensued with Bri and Mor joining in.
Time to return. A taxi was ordered paid for by Yusuf and we bade our farewells. Please please be there next year.
Post by: kalkan4eva on September 19, 2016, 05:32:27 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated, joycie. Your holiday is evaporating faster than an efes on a hot day :( How long are you in the Villa for?
Post by: joycie on September 20, 2016, 05:45:49 AM
We've got the. Villa for a week and it's beautiful. I'll tell you more in my post later.xx
Post by: joycie on September 20, 2016, 11:18:15 AM
Villa Sultinye is beautiful. It's a lovely three bed roomed villa with a downstairs wet room so a shower is readily available when you come from the pool. It is beautifully equipped and very tastefully decorated. I guess Sue comes to mind here. Daisy loved the bbq and Mor and I liked the cabana but couldn't get out of it easily. I lay on it the day we moved and freckles the cat came and lay beside me watching me do my blog.
Yesterday was a sad day because Mor and Daisies holiday is coming to an end. We have had some fabulous holidays together abroad on our boat each other's houses and we laugh from beginning to end.
It was to be a pool day and then our final meal together Monday evening. So we had a lovely breakfast cooked by Daisy and settled by the pool. It was very hot had a dip struggled on the water hammock and then looked at my messages on my iPad.
Mandy who had gone home the day before had sent me an SOS.
She had left a bag of spices in her Nur apartment and asked if I would retrieve them for her.
Mor offered to come with me. We needed some shopping so we called at Kipa on the way up to the Nur. Bread bacon some of those lovely little choice biscuits you get free with a coffee all purchased and stowed in Mors bag.
Phew it was hot but we had a mission to accomplish so off we went. Up to the Nur through the bar area and up the steps. There was nobody about. Mandy had told me the code for the key box so furtively we opened the door. Felt like a couple of burglars going through the cupboard looking for the spices found them emptied the fridge as instructed yoghurt cheese butter all very useful opened the door and stepped outside.
Verdette was outside gardening. Mor didn't recognise him. He had changed slightly from the young man who we knew when we stopped at the Serra all those years ago but he was pleased to see us as we were him.
Key duly placed back in the safe and a coffee purchased over the road at the Nur patisserie.
Pleased with ourselves we made our way back to the Villa.
We had a lovely tuna salad lunch and sat back by the pool.
Looked at my iPad again.Another message from Mandy. This time she had lost her real Burberry purse complete with bank cards etc. And all the usual gubbins that we women keep in our purses. She had stopped her cards but obviously with other personal items in it she would like it back.
We had only seen her and Paul the night before buying figs in the green grocers before wending her way to Dalaman to fly home. Where was the purse?
This time Bri and I walked back to the Nur. It was so hot but we grinned and beared (if theres such a word) and arrived once again at the Nur. Have stopped there three times ourselves and the pool looked so inviting but no another mission to accomplish.
Got to the same front door that we'd only left a couple of hours before noticed that the cushions on the chairs on the balcony were standing up so guessed the cleaner had been in. She hadn't the first time.
Got to the key safe it was open and the key was missing. Oh oh! Went to look for the cleaner in case she was in any of the other apartments but no sign.
Scratched our heads and decided it was Efes time. Back down the stairs to the Nur hotel sat down and ordered two Efes. Nectar comes to mind.
I needed Internet and when we stopped at the Nur apartments we had always had internet there and also at the Nur hotel. Needed a code none of the boys or girls at the pizza place worked there when last we stopped but a large daunting Turkish gentleman was very helpful. Unfortunately his English was as good as my Turkish. He tried to tell me the code but I didn't understand. He took my phone off me scratched his head and gave it me back. Then the little girl who overcharged and then came and found me and gave me my money back was my saviour yet again.
She took charge wiggled my phone   In the air accessed the internet and gave my phone back. We were in business.
I messaged Mandy and told her the saga and messaged Martyn whose cleaner serviced the apartment.
Finished our lovely Efes said a very grateful Thankyou to all concerned and went back to the villa. I seemed  to have spent all day tootling between the Nur and Sultinye.
Sat back on my sun bed. Received a message from Martyn telling me his cleaner had found it. Brilliant Mandy was told and now we have to arrange a transfer of spices and purse to Mandy.
I made Mor promise to take everything with her or I'm going to need a bigger baggage allowance toting all this extra stuff back.
Celebrations could commence. We washed and changed and meandered down to Botanik.
There was nobody in there but we sat down and ordered two cocktails a Bellini for me and a blue or. Beach something think it started with a b for Mor. Dave had a red wine Bri had an Efes.
We decided not to go up to the tree house because we thought if we sat on the cushions we might never get up.
Lovely drinks out of Botanik and down to the little gift shop opposite Yali bar. Oh that is a delightful place. Lovely little jewellery pieces some named little pieces of unusual pottery. Mor wanted a little gift for her granddaughters b18th birthday. She found just what she wanted and it was wrapped up so beautifully no further wrapping was required.
We left the shop and wandered to Waipano.
We had had such a lovely meal last time that it was Mor and Daves last meal of choice.
We shared three starters . A bottle of red and a bottle of white. Mor Daisy and me had fillet steak with a blue cheese sauce. All cooked exactly as we asked for them. Bri had salmon.
Ewan's wife waited on us. She's lovely and so is the waiter who works there. Lovely sense of humour.
Ewan's little daughter was there because I guess with Mom and Dad both working baby sitters are rare. She looked tired and the last time we saw her she was asleep on two chairs.
We shared two Waipano specials for dessert. Oh my goodness they were something.  Complimentary amerettos saw us on our way. Mor and Dave said goodbye to Ewan as they were going home we smugly told him that we had another week and may see him again.
Onwards and upwards. Past Sports Direct turned up the road and back to Sultinye.
Had a drink on the terrace and wound our way up the stairs to bed.
Post by: Bob & Jayne on September 20, 2016, 05:23:34 PM
Just loving your reports Joycie, am sure you will be packing another few adventures in for your final week. It's been fab reading about your lovely holiday. Thank you.

J&B
Post by: Mrs M! on September 20, 2016, 05:57:49 PM
Loving your reports, we're staying just in front of you in Apartment Emily - wave if you go past!
Post by: joycie on September 20, 2016, 07:14:21 PM
Oh Jayne we've had such a wonderful time and it's not over yet. Have heard from Mandy and we are still negotiating the hand over of the swag. She has friend staying in Kalkan at the  moment who lives near Sellarfield which is much nearer to Mandy than I do so hopefully  I will be able to download my excess baggage I.e Mandies spices and purse on her.
Today has been a horrible day weather wise but spectacular lightening over the sea.
I didn't venture out but sent Bri shopping and we've had a lovely salad with chicken in a bbq sauce. Pudding was carte dor from Mandies fridge. Absolutely delicious.
Missing Mor and Daisy .Never stop laughing and it was Daisy  who gave me the nickname Joycie.
Mind you it was me who called him Daisy. Honours even,
So not a lot to tell today very quiet but as usual in Kalkan every second with that wonderful view and the lovely people is worth all the time in the world spent in this wonderful place.
Post by: clara 50 on September 20, 2016, 10:55:12 PM
Fantastic blogs as usual joycie, we came back after two glorious weeks staying in the lovely villa honeysuckle, great location just behind carrefour, weather fab, people wonderful as usual and all remembered us again. Two days before returning hubby popped out to buy the last stock up of efes, when he came back he said, well that was a coincidence. Think he'd sat down for a whiff and got chatting to a lovely chap also resting who explained that a few year ago he'd had a heart attack and the good treatment. As I always relay any interesting gossip off here he put two and two together and realised who it was and asked him and indeed he said he was Bri Joycie's husband, don't know if he told you.Gutted I wasn't with him at the time for a chat. Anyway keep the reports coming, keeps Kalkan alive a bit longer.
Post by: joycie on September 21, 2016, 05:27:00 AM
Bri was thrilled when he came back especially meeting someone when knew about us through my blogs. That was one of the first times I hadn't been with him and I was so disappointed not to have met your lovely husband.
Hope you are well. We are just winding down now.
We are sat on the bedroom balcony having a cup of tea. I have a sarong round my shoulders this morning as it is a little cooler not quite so intense.
As usual that first view of the bay is staggering.
Post by: joycie on September 21, 2016, 07:54:12 PM
We woke up realising that our chef was back in Sussex. So we were left to our own devices. Remembered how to use the cooker so BRi proceeded to cook breakfast. Bacon egg toast tomatoes marmalade yoghurt absolutely delicious.
Everywhere was soaking wet after the storm yesterday so we ate in. Filled the cats bowl with food first duty of the day and decided we'd walk down to Fenners and watch the boats go out.
It is a genuine two minutes walk from here and we fended off Sunset restaurant with a truthful no Thankyou we've already eaten.
Fenners was busy as usual so we ordered coffees and sat down and watched the boats go out. Most of them left the harbour but I guess after yesterday's terrible weather they were glad to set sail.
A yacht was having difficulty with its anchor but the local boats navigated round it and left it to its own devices.
We meandered back up the town. Past all the jewellers but in my minds eye I was eyeing up different choices should Bri blot his copy book.
We got to the grocers by the beagle bar and bought two bottles of majestik four Efes and a packet of washing powder. Oh some cheeses was required cheddar of course.
Wended our way back up the road to the villa.
We sat outside after drying the cushions etc after the rain of yesterday and Bri went indoors because he couldn't see the I pad screen.
I went in to do lunch. Fresh bread cheeses tomato onion and an Efes each. Delicicious.
I remembered a few years ago when Tapestry went bust and how we remarked about people who had bought their own villas and apartments and werent using the restaurants in town. We now have the same scenario but for very different reasons although I must say the town looked quite busy tonight.
A lovely afternoon sitting in the cabana showe change and down to Sopranis.
I love this restaurant and it would be my first choice. Cam wasn't there when we went in we were the first customers of the evening. We had an Efes whilst choosing our meals but soon  a fair few joined us in our elevated position.
We had a complimentary starter and I had  Turkish chicken with chips and Bri had hunters chicken with mashed potatoes. Both were delicious.
A complementary sweet followed absolutely delicious. I had numerous red wines and then was offered another one on the house. Would have seemed rude not to.
We paid the bill 160tl which included the tip and left happily to wander up the road. The beagle and his girlfriend were in front of us and I worried about their traffic skills. They made it and accompanied us home and then disappeared into the old town.
We are now sitting on the patio me writing my blog a Bri playing Sudoku .
Trouble is I've forgotten to tell you that I face timed  Mor and Dave in Sussex and Cam told us that he had a girlfriend once in Rottingdean not a million mikes away from their house.
He also introduced us to his Mother a lovely lady who I was honoured to meet.
Post by: joycie on September 22, 2016, 07:40:27 PM
We have three whole days and a good chunk of Monday before we are picked up by Stirling Moss and taken back to Dalaman
We have had such a wonderful holiday so far shared by Mor and Daisy for the most part and Sahane and the Villa are such fabulous properties with the WoW factor it's so difficult to choose between.
Sue would probably be horrified that I don't know which to choose as my favourite because the villa is absolutely outstanding and beautifully fitted out and everything you could  possibly want including a view.
The view from Sahane is to die for the complete picture and it is also a beautiful apartment. Set just behind the Villa moving was so easy.
I've heard all the controversy regarding the noise from  Chocolate bar and I don't even know where it is let alone be bothered by noise It is very peaceful here.
So today it was market day again. Mandy had asked me to change a t-shirt for her with quite precise instructions as to who the vendor was. If I couldn't change for the same I could pick something for me and Bri.
We wandered through the market. It was quiet not sure I've ever been when it was that deserted but the same cries came from the vendors enticing uß to buy.
There are two cloths on the table of the villa red and sparkly and I would love one for my table at home.
No sign of anything remotely like the villa table cloths but a Stella McCartney bag like mine (it's got to be real for £10 hasn't it?) was espied.
My granddaughter and my daughter were catered for two fir £20.
On to the end of the. Market and the lady with the glossy hair was found and showed the offending garment with the one sleeve smaller than the other.
She changed it without a problem made sure that both arms matched and wandered back down the market.
5 for £20 t shirts were espied and as they had always washed so beautifully before we bought them.
We were eating in tonight after our lovely meal at Sopranos last night. Cam had shouted to us as we passed this morning and I made up my mind to put a review on trip adviser. They seem to hold such great store of reviews on trip adviser e.g. What number they were today yesterday etc.
I don't personally ever look at it and the only holiday that I had a trip to Costa Rica would never have been taken if I'd heeded the reviews.
Anyway I posted my review.
We needed some chicken and some salad for tonight's delectation so they were duly purchased.
We were passing the stationery shop and although we had checked in on line we needed to print our boarding passes.  I pad and blue tooth printer does the job at home but not in Kalkan. I thanked her for her time she even fetched another lady to help us but I was beyond help.
Drink in the beagle bar and onwards and upwards.Turned round and saw a sign for printing and wi fi and could see it tucked away by Bezigrans.
Right could you print this please. Same lady who had been fetched to the other shop and a very personable gentleman who not only understood me but printed my boarding passes with no trouble.
So were checked in and complete with boarding passes but still three days to go.
We went to Kleos for lunch. Al was there and made us welcome. Bri had a mushroom omelette and I had a blue cheese burger. I must admit that although I love blue cheese normally this was quite strong and not to my taste.
Along the front past all the lovely restaurants fending off all the offers and into the taxi with instructions fir the Derry development. He understood us perfectly although where before I'd always said Dere a clue was not to be had.
We returned to the villa lay on the sunbeds by the pool and went to sleep.
I was absolutely full and decided we would have dinner later tonight.
So that is what we've just done. Absolutely lovely and were now sat on the terrace drinking wine. As you do.

Post by: Kalkan Magic on September 22, 2016, 08:02:20 PM
Loving your blogs Joy, you have an amazing descriptive way of writing which is captivating... Can just imagine you with a glass of vino on the patio - made all the better by thinking 'that will be us next Saturday!!' Xxx
Post by: joycie on September 22, 2016, 08:06:54 PM
Thanks Sue we've loved every moment of our stay in your wonderful properties. Just magical places  and both are so special in their own way. I envy you.xx
Post by: Babs on September 23, 2016, 07:08:12 AM
Make the most of your last few days joycie, look forward to hearing all about them  :laugh:
Post by: joycie on September 23, 2016, 10:23:16 PM
So we thought we'd go to Kas today on the bus. Wandered down to the island by the school. The kids were out in the playground and I noted that our kids would have been in gym kit but these kids boys and girls were in long trousers an t shirts.
We sat on the wall by the school the bus went right past us but stopped on Ge island and we ran to catch it.
Door opened and it was rammed perhaps we wouldn't go to Kas today.
So we wandered down heartbreak hill and past the boats that were still getting ready to,leave and on to Fenners. Two fresh orange juices please. They arrived and were delicious.
We sat there for a bit and I had decided that we would have the day by the pool.
Bri had different ideas.
We wandered back to the taxis by gigs pirate and Bri asked for the bus station. Taxi wanted to know where we going but we insisted bus station please and off we went.
The Kas bus was due in,half an hour and their were several people waiting to board,
It arrived already three quarters full so we allowed the people in front of us to board and then we got on as standing passengers.
We set off. A lovely Turkish gentleman motioned to me that I could have hus seat. No no it's fine but he insisted and I took his seat. The bus went round all the Kas bends quite gently and I noticed that my Turkish gentleman was asleep standing up.
We veered off to Kas hospital and several people got off leaving room for my Turkish gentleman to access a seat. On to Kas.
It's market day in Kas today so we decided to have a look. Just in case we'd missed anything in Kalkan. Nothing really took our fancy but I did buy a runner for my table at home similar to e one in the villa that I coveted.
Out of the market and an Efes and a cheese,omelette was the choice of the day for lunch and then the obligatory trip to the loo. A lire gave you a couple of sheets of toilet roll and access to the ladies.
Off to have a look round Kas another piece of cloth purchased for the boat and off to find the return bus to Kalkan. It's got to be one of the most beautiful journeys in the world round the coast road and we were dropped off close to the villa. No sorry gov but you have to be at a  proper bus stop or I can't stop lark here.
We spent the afternoon happily at the Villa.
The weather is lovely and I noticed that somebody had moved into Sahane. Why was I jealous we are in this fantastic villa but I felt that somebody had moved into my house without permission.
Time to get ready for the evening. We both showered but I was as wet afterwards and wondered why I'd bothered,
We wandered up to Bread n More where we'd booked for curry night. It was busy. Lots of dogs about which we hadn't been aware about in the old town. They were friendly and lay on the floor as hot and bothered as we were.
Dinner was delicious and we could have returned to fill our plates several  times but we had our original quota. Not sure whether it's as good as East meets West but still,a very nice  meal.
We wandered off to Blue Turtle where Baris and Martyn were playing. They were excellent and Baris from the Nur joined them. He recognised us smiled and then went home,
We left after agreeing with Fiona the handover of Mandy's purse.
On up to the Villa and glad to be home.
Post by: joycie on September 24, 2016, 06:39:46 AM
Now I drive my husband mad on a regular basis. The biggest bone of contention is my glasses and the "where have I put them look"
Now I know when I came in last night I had them. It was after 12 and I sat on the patio doing my blog. It was lovely and warm. Bri played 40 thieves on his tablet.
I can't do my blog without my glasses so I know that I had them then.
Came in with I pad in hand up the wooden hill into the bedroom put my I pad in to charge and then usual ablutions. What's difficult about that?
Can't find my glasses this morning. Luckily have bought a spare pair with me but my others were my sunglasses too.
Flipping heck I must be going mad haven't got a clue what I've done with them.?
Oh well watch this space!
Post by: joycie on September 24, 2016, 07:34:41 AM
You can stop looking Ive found them, Bless.
Post by: joycie on September 24, 2016, 01:13:12 PM
Now don't be facetious under the bed of course.
Post by: joycie on September 24, 2016, 06:01:41 PM
Hope that's not me you're talking about. Were in Sunset and I've just had the pudding to die for. All is well with the world.
Post by: joycie on September 24, 2016, 08:28:01 PM
Today is our last but one day before we take the journey home. Wash your mouth out don't think about it just enjoy.
We weren't going anywhere today just a lolling by the pool day. Bri decide to deflate WH so that it would fit in the bottom of this case where it would remain till next year.
He forgot how it folded and after a couple of goes and some pegs we managed to wrestle it into its bag. It almost seemed as though it knew it wouldn't see the light of day till we returned to Kalkan.
The day started beautifully sunny  but it clouded over. Still warm the cat and I snuggled in the cabana. Bri had fetched some more cat food because we weren't sure that stocks would last. It amazes me that every cat in Kalkan doesn't appear knowing how well they're fed round here.
Freckles and I lay on the day bed like the Queen if Sheba and her hand maiden. I was well catered for by Bri only had to ask and it was before me.
I napped in the afternoon did a crossword and generally just slummoxed around.
Heard laughter from the pool next door generally enjoying themselves in the warmth of Kalkan.
Tonight we had decided to go to Sunset. It's on the old Kaptans site and beautifully situated for a view over the harbour. It was a lovely night and I had a red wine Bri an Efes.
We looked at the menu Bri needed carbohydrates because of his diabetes. I must say if we lived out here his blood sugars would be nigh on perfect.
We had a complimentary starter of bread and dips and olives. The dips and the bread was delicious the olives could have stayed on the tree as far as I was concerned. Just never seen the fascination with them
We chose sea bass for our main course mine with prawns Bris just natural.
It was filleted beautifully and presented beautifully too.
The view from the restaurant was to die for. I remember when it was Kaptans and the cats used to sit on the wall eyeing up your food. Well one brave cat in particular did just that balancing on the edge and poking his nose through the railings.
Another red wine and then sweet. Bri had vanilla ice cream I chose bananas in a caramel sauce with ice cream, I took a picture and put it on Facebook. My dear younger sister said it looked like a pile of poo which on looking at the photo more deeply I suppose it does. Let me tell you it was the most delicious pile of poo that I'd ever eaten. A complimentary apple tea and a Turkish tea finished off  delicious meal.
We had met the maitre d a number of times knocking on the door at Sahane appearing at the villa front door telling us his every position on trip adviser and we'd decided to find out for ourselves. We weren't disappointed.
Straight into Korsan MD who kissed me and again said how they relied on their regulars. I felt guilty because we hadn't been this year but hopefully he didn't know that. Maybe next time? They seemed very busy and I was glad for them.
On again to Black and Gold. We'd had a wonderful masterclass there but I hadn't been back socially although I KNEW Mandy and Jackie and co. Had.
We sat on the front row watching how busy Kirsan was. I ordered a Pretty Woman first. The way it is presented is fabulous and tastes just as good.
Pas I love you next. Mmm Baileys and Ice cream. Please let me go home and diet.
We settled up said cheerio to Burak and said we would see him next year. There but for the grace of God.
So off to the taxi rank and back to lively Sultinye.
I've heard from Fiona she's got the purse so tomorrow I reunite Mandy's stuff with Lesley hopefully.
Post by: Bob & Jayne on September 25, 2016, 09:07:43 AM
Oh Joycie, I have so loved your posts, and thank you so much for sharing your holiday with us all.  Enjoy the rest of your time and hopefully maybe another post or two along the way.  x
Post by: joycie on September 25, 2016, 09:43:49 AM
Thank you I have loved sharing it. Were quite boring really and there's so many things we could have done but our holiday has been fabulous as usual. There's probably another post about our last day.xx
Post by: Haybo on September 25, 2016, 04:53:53 PM
Gosh joycie, these posts have not been boring, they have been wonderful and have kept me going over the last few weeks.....enjoy every last moment you have x
Post by: joycie on September 25, 2016, 05:06:49 PM
Thankyou. Were sitting on the balcony looking at a staggering sunset tonight and just about to saunter out for the dreaded last meal. I'll let you know how it went later.
Post by: joycie on September 25, 2016, 09:09:22 PM
Where have three weeks gone?
Woke up this morning and realised all the things we were going to do have never got done. We didn't go to Kaputas or Patara. No drinks at Yali bar and that was always our first stop when we first came to Kalkan. No Moonlight or Brothers or Alternatif Moussaka or Seaport. The list just gets longer of the places we didn't go to. Wow what a fabulous holiday but then Kalkan never fails. It grabs you on your first time visit and after that you're hopelessly lost and don't want o be found. Did Itell you I love Kalkan?
Usual cooked breakfast cats fed and then off to Carrefour to pick up Mandy's purse from Fiona.
We waited at Carrefour and the resident taxi driver wanted to know where we were going. We're meeting Fiona and then off to town. He nodded English not very good. Well it's a hell of a lot better than my Turkish so be proud of yourself.
Fiona arrived I put it safely in my bag and bade farewell until hopefully next year.
We scaled the hill to the Bank and withdrew sterling so that we could exchange it for TL.
Rate slightly down today. The jewellers were eating their breakfast and asked us to go over the road to change our money. Guess they had already eaten.
A few years ago. Bri bought me a silver bracelet from the shop near Yali. It badly needed a clean so we popped in and asked then to do it. Meanwhile I had spotted another bracelet which I really liked but it needed a couple of links removing. They asked me if I could pick them up tomorrow so after explaining that we were winging our way home they agreed that we could pick them up after.10.30am
Visited the little shops opposite and bought an eye wall hanging and carried on down the slope to Fenners.
Most of the boats had departed but the beach club boats were darting to and fro and I commented that we hadn't been to Yali or Carretta Carretta this year either,
Paid the bill and made our way to the taxi by be Pirates.
Bye bye Kalkan did I tell you how much I love you?
Home lunch and a snooze with the cat.
Decided to do a bit of packing. Hate this bit of the holiday. Wish I could throw it all away and buy fresh next time. Oh well not very practical so onwards and upwards.,
Back to the cat and a Daily Mail crossword.
We showered and changed p. We were to meet Lesley at Bezigrans with Mandy's Nick nacks. If you have been reading my blogs you'll know what I'm referring to if you haven't hard luck I'm not going to describe it all again.
Down past Sopranos explaining to Cam we'd be back at 8. Lesleyappeared and I handed over the swag, she wasn't expecting the t shirt and he spices.  Not much room in her luggage but she graciously accepted them so that was less for me to worry about.
We meandered up to Sopranos Cam had reserved us a table and he pointed to a gentleman who did his trip adviser reviews and said that he wanted to talk to me.
We carried on eating our delicious meal and when it came to the sweet Cam spoon fed me I just couldn't eat any more.
Ian came across. He said that he had been reading and enjoying my blogs. He wroteCams replies for trip adviser so had written the reply to mine. It was lovely to meet someone again that reads your words and say that they enjoy them, So please if you're in Kaljan tell us what you're doing there's a lot of people out their reading our endeavours.
Cam took my arm and helped me down the steps. We said that we may see him for lunch tomorrow, I hope so I'll let you know.
Post by: joycie on September 26, 2016, 09:02:20 AM
Sitting in Fenners on our last day having a fresh orange. The beach club boats are going to and fro and the Kalkan Beach Park boat has just made a hasty retreat to pick up some late passengers. They step precariously on the boat. They must be very rich her who must be obeyed has got a Daily Mail poking out of her bag.
The flotilla boats are sailing out to sea mostly full of men. I wonder if they do any washing etc without us behind them one thing I am sure they're having a great time.
Just watched two couples eat an English breakfast it looked lovely. Bri cooked the last of our bacon this morning and with a lovely fried egg tomato and toast we sat and enjoyed our final breakfast in the villa.
We feel so lucky to have enjoyed Sultinye and truth be told we don't want to go home. Know me must and of course we'll return we always do but somehow today I'm a little down at heart.
I've collected my new bracelet from Just Silver it's sitting on my wrist now. My old one is beautifully cleaned glistening indeed and resting in its little black bag.
We're going to lunch at Sopranos before we get picked up for the airport. So finish my juice and off we go.
Post by: Lizilu20 on September 26, 2016, 11:15:59 AM
Enjoy your last lunch Joycie and a MASSIVE THANK YOU, for such entertaining holiday reports. I'm sure Kalkan will miss you just as I will. Your reports have been a joy to read.
Safe journey home.  :)
Post by: Chris_S on September 26, 2016, 03:02:41 PM
How many times may we have crossed paths during your stay?

Just caught up with all you posts (did I mention my Kalkan Internet woes in my blog?) - so apologies for being tardy!
Post by: Bob & Jayne on September 26, 2016, 03:56:59 PM
I have to say again Joyce, thank you so much too for brightening up my last 3 weeks with your holiday reports. It has been fab reading.  :D Have a lovely last lunch in Paradise and safe journey home, and am sure before you know it you'll be back home booking a return trip for 2017  :D :D :D :D
Post by: keith on September 26, 2016, 07:57:16 PM
Thanks for brightening the past few weeks Joycie.........it's been enjoyable reading your posts and recreating memories of Kalkan. Enjoy your last few hours and a safe journey home.
Post by: joycie on September 27, 2016, 08:45:55 AM
Well here we are back in Blighty.
Wasn't Stirling Moss but Lewis Hamilton who batted to the airport. Still it was light and I had a birds eye view of the hairpin bends. I might exaggerate but Turkish racing drivers or I suspect any nationality racing drivers on Turkish roads scare me to death.
We arrived at the tunnel in good time. The driver had done up his seat belt put on his sunglasses answered his phone opened and drank water from a bottle but managed to keep us in a straight line to Dalaman.
We emerged from the tunnel and were blinded by the setting sun. Golly it was bright and Sturling had to slow down you just couldn't see anything.
Got to say I'd heard a lot of talk about security at Dalaman but I didn't see any unless the gentleman in a white shirt who looked in the car as we passed was it. Must have thought we were respectable off we went.
Checked in with Monarch on line and also printed our boarding passes in Kalkan. Hadn't any idea that my daughter was panicking about the demise of the airline and worrying that we would be abandoned in paradise. We always travel Monarch and got to say they have never let us down.
Our flight was bang on time and we arrived about 15mins early. It was full unlike the one we'd travelled out on.
Anyway I won't bore you with the trials and tribulations of being back in Staffiordshire but what a holiday.
Thankyou for reading.. I'm sure somebody else has said it but I Love you all xx
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal