Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: slightly nervous and looking for reassurance  (Read 3716 times)

Offline litl-devil

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
slightly nervous and looking for reassurance
« on: March 31, 2008, 11:43:17 PM »
Hi all  ::)

Ive never been to turkey before ( its my partners dream not mine Im afraid .. I have images of benidorm in my head!)  Any way, settled on Kalkan because it didnt look very touristy. Since booking it we''ve had one disaster after another and Im really looking for reassurance here. I wanted a nice area in tenerife because I knew the weather would be good to us!   

We''re supposed to be flying out on friday but we havent tickets yet or confirmed  accommodation. the hotel we were staying at isnt opening it seems, something to do with low bookings for April. The travel company are trying to put us in some hotel called the rhapsody but there is no bath in the room and reviews all seem to say its high pressure sales for facilities which I REALLY dont want.  We have only 3 days to go and instead of looking forward tothis break Im dreading it and stressing out over the changes.  Can someone please tell me Im going to enjoy this holiay and let me know any must do trips and good value massage / turkish baths etc

::)   All I want is a place to chill, some warm weather and fabulous places to eat  :laugh:  Please give me some tips. advice if you can, Id really love to enjoy this and you guys seem to know so much about the place.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1299.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: slightly nervous and looking for reassurance
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 08:31:42 AM »
Hi litl-devil - I can''t help you with reassurance regarding your accommodation - but somebody else will be able to I''m sure - I just wanted to jump in and say that you will LOVE kalkan - it is NOTHING like Benidorm - in fact there are precious few areas of turkey that are like Benidorm and torre.....  Have a turkish bath at the Asfiya hotel (if it is open - as you are going early in the season it might not be) otherwise try the Atlantis hammam behind the Yali supermarket up near the Thursday market.  there are a multitude of lovely restaurants in Kalkan - enough of which will be open when you go - to keep you well fed and watered.  The weather SHOULD be good - but obviously can''t guarantee it - you are early in the season - so maybe a bit chillier at night.  Must do trips would be Sakklikent Gorge, Tlos and Yakapark trout farm, visit Kaputas beach and patara beach (and famous lycian ruins behind patara), visit Kas and/or Fethiye for some real turkish towns, go up into the mountains to visit Islamar and Bezirgan (traditional turkish villages)......chill...will that keep you occupied..??

Be reassured - once you get to kalkan - you will be fine...now I''ll leave somebody else to tell you about the Rhapsody...btw - re: the hassling - a polite no and walking on will do the trick...it is friendly hassling - not intimidating - so please don''t worry - they are just trying to earn a living!! 
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 08:44:15 AM »
I agree with Felicity. Don''t know about the accomodation but if it ain''t up to scratch see your rep (if you have one) and chuck your teddy out of the pram till they sort it. If that doesn''t work feel free to pm me and I can put you in touch with people out there who can.
There are loads of books / maps for sale in the main street on the  left, can''t remember his name but they will all know who I''m on about.
If you go into Kaya bar on the r/about and talk to the staff they will put you in touch with a local english couple who go out walking each weekend.
Really though you will should love Kalkan.
If you send me a pm I will give you a link to more pics if you want (I''m banned from doing it on here I think!)

Cheers
Wendy ;D

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 06:03:48 PM »
the only thing that may be wrong is the weather no guarantee at this time of year but sure it will be OK, but take some warmer stuff for evenings. Benordorm it is a million light years away thank god. I dint like Tenerife either although the weather may have been better but maybe not too. Restaurants and food are superb. Hassle it sure isn''t like that of the timeshare folk in Tenerife god what a nightmare they were. A polite no thanks will do, but it is so friendly and so safe, and there are many places to see, so rest assured you will be fine, just take clothing for all weather types, relax and enjoy. You will at least not be over run by tourists, lucky you.

Offline slodge

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 06:13:00 PM »
http://www.rhapsodyhotel.com/

try looking at the website.  if we are talking about the same hotel then i dont think you will have any problems

Offline litl-devil

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 08:24:57 AM »
thanks all  :)

We had confirmation today that we are going to the Rhapsody so at least its near the centre.  I''ve checked out the website which does indeed look fabulous its just the reviews that are less than favourable, books and covers come to mind ::)   Have decided Im going to go and if its terrible I''ll just find a b+b. I need 10 days of hassle free chill time. 

The places to visit look great, Ive looked a couple up on various web sites so I guess now I need to pack my case. Im hoping its going to be very quiet out there as its the first trip IVe taken with my partner and my first break since 2004 so its LONG overdue  Weather forecast looks great  ( with the exception of our arrival weekend ) so fingers crossed and a couple of good books and activities in case its not. Will let you know how we get on.

Cheers !   Lesley

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 08:32:08 AM »
I''m glad you feel reassurred - you will have a fabbo time in Kalkan..enjoy!!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 07:20:23 PM »
Hi Jaylar - welcome to the forum - if you could tell us what you want out of a place then we may be able to help you...all I can say is that Kalkan is light years away from Hisaronu.  You will not find any pubs (well 1 - hidden away and not very busy), karaoke bars, all night discos, all day sunday roasts....just nice turkish bars, a multitude of lovely rooftop restaurants (about 70+), lovely quaint bougainvillea filled streets, great shops, beautiful views, lovely people, lovely places around to visit, beautiful harbour, predominantly discerning british holiday makers....that''''s about it a nutshell..but do ask if you need further info and if you can be more precise about what you want out of a holiday!

If you want a less touristy destination than Hisaronu - then I think you will love Kalkan!!  Enjoy!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 07:25:43 PM by Enjoy Kalkan »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
Slightly confused about Samira?

Started by xjambix on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post June 09, 2009, 08:00:37 PM
by Chucky
xx
Nervous Novice

Started by AlbionFan on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post February 07, 2012, 06:06:37 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Street Shampoo

Views: 3618
By: Jann
Antalya