Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello arrived in Jan lock stock and barrel  (Read 4196 times)

Offline The Reds

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Hello arrived in Jan lock stock and barrel
« on: March 30, 2008, 02:19:06 PM »
Hello

After visiting Kalkan in Oct 06 with our then 5 month old baby we fell in love with the place. We were very fornunate to come across Alternatif real estate whom we bought our villa through. They have been with us step by step through our entire move from the UK and I can quite honestly say that Roger Ford and Mustafa Akdeniz have been truely excellent. My husband and I are in our late 30''s and our baby is now a lively toddler (nearly 2yrs). I think some friends/family back in UK thought we were very brave or Mad making such a big move and now we cant wait for them to come out so they can see why we did it. Needless to say we have no regrets although it is still early days. We are still finding our feet and would love to meet new friends. My husband Jav is keen on setting up a business out here...what he will do he has yet to decide. So if anyone living out here has any good ideas please get in touch. We bought a beautiful 9 bed villa just outside Kalkan in Akbel and our little one has so much room now she doesn''t know what to do with herself. She has made a couple of little turkish friends but they are a bit older than her. I would love to meet up with any mums in the Kalkan area, who are more than welcome to come over and let there little ones meet Maya and Im sure she''ll let them play with all her toys...plus it gives me and hubby a rest. ;D   

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1297.0

Offline clooneyrooney

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Hello arrived in Jan lock stock and barrel
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 03:57:39 PM »

Unfortunately I don''t live in Kalkan but here in the UK but I just want to say how wonderful it was to read your story. We first came to Kalkan in Aug 2006 on a family holiday and like you fell "in love" not only with Kalkan but also with Turkey and it''s people. As things turned out in Aug 2007 I was made redundant from my job at Barclays Bank after 18 years service so decided to travel to Kalkan alone in September to look at the possibilities of buying an apartment from my redundancy money. I spent a lovely day with Roger and Mustafa looking at properties but unlike you I have not been so brave as to buy one yet.I found them to be very professional and the quality of the workmanship on the villas/apartments that they had built was by far the best I saw. We are returning to Kalkan in May and August to look at more properties and to make our final decisions but want to let you know that you have inspired me (but frightened my husband to death!) to seize the opportunity my redundancy has given me. Whilst it is not the right time in our lives to move to Kalkan lock, stock and barrel I really admire you for doing so. I''m sure your lives will be less stressfull and more meaningful because of your move and if things don''t turn out as you would have liked, at least you had the courage to give it a go. Good luck to you and your family.

Offline The Reds

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 07:32:45 PM »
Hi

Thanks for your message. We were exactly the same as you and your husband, fortunately we have been able to keep our house back in Derbyshire (still waiting to rent it out). Because we bought the villa in Akbel we had to set up a Turkish company so it was a slightly different procedure. It worried me at first but to be honest as we said to everyone back home we were in the best possible hands and we had confidence in Roger and Mustafa who did pretty much everything for us. We still sit here now and say ''we can''t believe we did it'', and surprisingly it went pretty smooth. We had a 40ft high cube container, and we packed it to the rafters Jav went mad on ebay and we bought as much as we could afford. The only real problem was with customs as they taxed us on all Javs power tools..apart from that they didn''t really look into anything else. When you come out in May you are both more than welcome to come over and have a chat. If we can be of any help please let me know. All the best Marie x   

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 07:42:07 PM »
Oh, that sounds like the perfect life Marie!
It''s something me and Mr B have talked about since the first time we visited Kalkan in June 2005, but we just haven''t had the guts to do anything about it!
How great that your daughter will get the chance to live in such a lovely place.
All the best with your future in Kalkan.  :)

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 09:40:12 PM »
Welcome and congratulations Marie. You will have to read Buster''s Blog on relocating here and give us the benefit of you and Jav''s experiences. Good luck and keep us posted on your new life in Kalkan.

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 09:02:39 AM »
Hi Marie,
Well done and how I envy you! We have a place near the petrol station but won''t be able to retire for some time yet.
Wendy.

Offline clooneyrooney

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 10:49:01 PM »
Hi Marie

Just to let you know that I tried to reply to your PM but it failed because your inbox is full.
The last thing I want is for you to think I''m ignoring you because I would love you to e-mail me some photos.

Thanks

Netts

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
arrived at last

Started by macrefield mom on Holiday Reports and Reviews

6 Replies
Last post June 09, 2014, 09:14:29 PM
by macrefield mom
xx
Jusr Arrived

Started by billmccan on General Discussion

13 Replies
Last post September 24, 2011, 11:29:34 AM
by billmccan
xx
Finally - it's arrived........

Started by happy days on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post April 18, 2016, 10:18:33 AM
by Chris_S
xx
JAWS Has Arrived

Started by Pompeyalbie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

7 Replies
Last post October 26, 2019, 05:33:06 PM
by Kevin Norwich

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal