Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cool bag/box  (Read 2723 times)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Cool bag/box
« on: June 20, 2015, 08:31:19 PM »
For those of you that are enjoying a bit of paradise- i have a project! Could someone please price cool boxes in Kalkan.  We are planning to do a bit more out and about this year and a decent size cool box or bag would be really useful.

Thanks in advance !

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12829.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Cool bag/box
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 10:03:30 PM »
Haybo we tried to buy a coolbag unsuccessfully a few years ago....we couldn't get one anywhere. We were lucky as an EK member saw my posts and offered us the use of one for our stay, and since then we have brought our own. I would suggest you do the same - they are very light to pack.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 10:24:35 PM »
Places like Asda sell good coolbags for carrying your fridge food home, they have no real weight and you can fill it with clothes or toiletries in your suitcase or you can put in some frozen bacon & cold meats which would be handy as you are there for 3 weeks this year. We have done this over 30 times and have never been stopped on the way in, if we are stopped one year & it's confiscated we haven't lost much. For it to work properly you do however need a couple of the ice blocks which are a bit heavier.

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 05:47:13 AM »
Hi Haybo, I leave a cold box in the apartment for guests to use, and a couple of ice blocks in the freezer - maybe your property provides these too? If not I saw some lovely collapsible, flat-pack, foil-lined cold bags in Matalan yesterday. I'm thinking of taking one of these over too. And I'm sure I've seen ice blocks for sale in the skips outside Migros. Happy picnicking!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 06:43:31 AM »
If you don't to go to the expense of ice blocks - i'm sure they'll be cheap anyway - we freeze a large bottle of water (leaving a 2 inch gap at the top for expansion) and that serves as our ice block. It also doubles up as a freezing cold bottle of water for the end of the day when its melted.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 08:06:04 AM »
Both Migros & Carrefores have had cool boxes but they seem to only have them at seasonal times.  We also freeze bottled water & use a ice blocks, using the water as it thaws.  Best idea would be to bring over a cool bag in the suitcase.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Cool bag/box

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post June 13, 2012, 10:10:25 PM
by kalkankiki
xx
ıt was raining in day time,still cool evenings

Started by friends on Weather

4 Replies
Last post May 09, 2008, 04:02:14 PM
by Brooksie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal