Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fake Watches  (Read 12459 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Fake Watches
« on: June 07, 2015, 05:01:58 PM »
Have any of you purchased a fake Ticker over the last couple of years? the ones from the watch shops look very nice and being a plum that looses things more often than Katie Price looses her drawers I don't want to spend a fortune on a genuine item..Are they worth buying? I would be grateful for any of your watches feedback
(please don't lecture me about Chinese triads ,mafia, drug cartels,marching bands and KFC etc >:D)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12793.0
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Fake Watches
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 05:22:16 PM »
We have purchased over the years from both shops & market. OH used to get one to wear at work, one he had lasted 2 yrs before giving up. In fact he is wearing one now from the market, over 12months old.  Depends what you are looking for, but would say give it a try.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 05:23:28 PM »
I think they're pricey for fakes. Looked a couple of years ago and you were looking at upwards of
£300 if my memory serves.

Perhaps the Chinese Mafia are paying the 7 year old watch makers "the living wage"!!

pw
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 05:33:15 PM »
£300!!......his glasses weren't fake he saw you coming with them 8)

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 05:40:20 PM »
Listen, these weren't any old fakes" these were genuine fakes in Oscars and the shop opposite Yali Bar ( not sure if it's still there)
Happy shopping, you'll be looking at Gucci man bags next!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 05:44:20 PM »
The only bags on this old Lizard are under his eyes....i need a watch with big numbers :laugh:

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 06:53:29 AM »
We certainly did not pay any where near that amount, wouldn't even think of it :o'

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 08:11:09 AM »
My OH has had a couple of watches from the shop next to the sunglasses shop on the hill down past Misty May bag shop, they lasted a couple of years and didn't cost anywhere near £300 and he was even asked if they were the real thing?

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 11:31:56 AM »
Now, I haven't bought a fake watch in Kalkan, so I'm guessing a bit here!

The majority of GENUINE Swiss watches (including the 'designer' ones with brands that are fashion, not horological) are base on the ETA 2824-2 movement made by Swatch.

This, keeping it brief and simple(!), is a standard mass produced movement that people like Breitling, Omega, Heuer, Rolex, etc modify themselves to their own requirements.  The designer watches (D&G,Prada et al) use the standard off-the shelf movement.

The Chinese copied the ETA 2824 movement, and it exists in numerous forms, freely available from sites like alibaba.

I would guess the genuine fakes use the Chinese movement, which is why it's going to be OK working for a while, and repairable by anyone who's not fussed about what the device purports to be (generally a small watchmaker/dealer), and can easily source parts.

And, while not getting into the same arena as others have regarding bags, a fake is only a legal problem when sold as the real thing - otherwise it's just a poor copy - think of all those constable prints people have in their lounges.... >:D

After all that, can someone give us an idea of the prices, and secondly, do they have a TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 (http://www.tagheuer.co.uk/int-en/luxury-watches/tag-heuer-carrera-watch.  Just curious, if someone wants to investigate! [Because there's no email to ask!)
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 12:17:37 PM »
It might be better to visit Fethiye to shop around last year very good quality fakes were on sale at between £70 and £100. If you will be visiting China any time  soon you can pick up convincing fakes for around £20-£30

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 12:19:28 PM »
Researched today: fake omegas £80-140in Oscar opposite Yali bar. Don't know where I got the 300 from

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 12:39:59 PM »
Pw ..if it was a couple years ago it was Maybe 300TL ;)
I would be looking to spend £100 ish...no more for something that maybe wont last more than a couple of years if I don't lose it first ::)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 12:47:39 PM »
BL, I would go the the first watch stall ypu come to in the Thursday market....walking up from Nur, its on the right as you enter the market. The better ones are in boxes behind the stall. We have been going to her and her husband for about 12 years - they also have a stall in Fethiye. I have had brilliant watches from them over the years and they are all still working. I've had glass replaced in one and batteries replaced. Paid about £100 for a Franck Mueller maybe 10 years ago, still working beautifully and around £45 for a Cartier Tank around 4 years ago - that's my everyday watch. Go to the back where the watches are better quality. Our kids have had Breitlings, Cartiers and Rolexes - all good. Our son's Breitling fell apart but that was becaise he had the bracelet made smaller in the Watch Lab. We brought it back last year (it was 4 years old then...) and she fixed it for us. I can really recommend them....but you have to bargain hard.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2015, 01:31:27 PM »
Thanks K4E.....I've looked on that stall but never really been seriously bothered before ..but I will have a look this time with a view to some tough bartering if I see something I like..I do like a barter and see it as them trying to take beer money off me >:D

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 02:44:50 PM »
BL I bought an "Omega" from Ozay at MissSiver next to Sade this year,£90, a self winding mechanism which looks quite solid and nicely made with a blue face & black leather strap, I'm quite pleased with it so far. Janet bought a "Rolex" from the shop next to the sunglasses shop going down the hill last year & she's  more than happy with it , and you know how fussy she is over her bling.

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 08:21:37 AM »
Never thought of buying one before as I have a real Omega....but after reaching for BL I must say I'm tempted. Can anyone confirm they are waterproof? If they are (doesn't have to be 300 feet but must be swimable) I might have a dabble!

pw

Offline bankieken

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 10:35:59 AM »
Have bought regularly from Mustafa at Image (halfway down the hill from Kalamaki restaurant) next to the sunglass shop.  All of them still work and he has offered a two year guarantee.  Prices this year were £80 - £100.  He also sells replica Mont Blanc pens (supplied with refills) and I have two of them, still going, bought two years ago.
The watches wouldn't be considered to be waterproof so don't go swimming with one. 

Offline janeandady

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 11:47:49 AM »
I have bought 4 watches over the years from Ali at the Lizo hotel and restaurant on the Kalamar road. Each one is still working, and I'm forever getting comments on them.
Earlier this year I had some jewellery valued by a reputable local jeweller, and I thought I'd throw my "genuine fake" Cartier watch in for a laugh - he valued it at £4.5K - I paid under £100 about five years ago.
Go visit Ali, and whilst you're there the food is great too, so have a meal!
Tell him I sent you, you won't get it any cheaper but I can nag him for discount on my this years must have!

Offline michiganstar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2015, 09:24:59 PM »
BL, I would go the the first watch stall ypu come to in the Thursday market....walking up from Nur, its on the right as you enter the market. The better ones are in boxes behind the stall. We have been going to her and her husband for about 12 years - they also have a stall in Fethiye. I have had brilliant watches from them over the years and they are all still working. I've had glass replaced in one and batteries replaced. Paid about £100 for a Franck Mueller maybe 10 years ago, still working beautifully and around £45 for a Cartier Tank around 4 years ago - that's my everyday watch. Go to the back where the watches are better quality. Our kids have had Breitlings, Cartiers and Rolexes - all good. Our son's Breitling fell apart but that was becaise he had the bracelet made smaller in the Watch Lab. We brought it back last year (it was 4 years old then...) and she fixed it for us. I can really recommend them....but you have to bargain hard.

Good shout. I bought a very nice Omega from them yesterday for £85 - time will tell if it lasts but its very nicely made and looked way better than most of the other watches we saw - even in the shops.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Shopping for watches

Started by Kefgirl on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

37 Replies
Last post September 09, 2009, 11:13:46 PM
by PACHSU
xx
Oscar Watches

Started by MrsH on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post August 29, 2014, 01:51:05 PM
by Lizilu20
xx
Watches From Kalkan Jewellers

Started by Painter Man on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

18 Replies
Last post July 23, 2013, 02:37:41 PM
by Painter Man
xx
Thoughts on Images Watches???

Started by Bexscho on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

11 Replies
Last post September 25, 2012, 03:07:52 PM
by sturdysteve

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan Harbour.JPG

Views: 2858
By: Lindy
Boatman Ali