Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shame  (Read 5943 times)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Shame
« on: June 05, 2015, 09:45:13 PM »
Yet more dog poisonings today. What kind of black heart does this kind of evil to innocent creatures. It is beyond belief that such horror can take place in Kalkan and can't help but worry that complaints about barking dogs may have led to some evil person carrying out this despicable cowardly act. Be under no illusion the barbaric poisoning of animals on ground frequented by people and.particularly children is far more a threat to tourism than any Street animal. this person /people must be caught before any further horror occurs

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12791.0

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
Re: Shame
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 09:58:18 PM »
Totally agree itstime.  I've just posted about this on the In Season updates thread.    Some people disgust me.  Poor defenceless animals left to die in an excruciatingly painful way.  Shame on whoever did this and to those who in any way encouraged it.

Offline Lola1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 11:23:08 PM »
I wonder if this is in any way related to the frequent negative posts there have been on various forums about the street dogs? There seems to have been an unprecedented number of complaints and concerns lately. We returned from Kalkan a week ago and felt that there were probably fewer street dogs than on previous occasions but they seem to have had a higher profile than ever this season. How tragic.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 11:50:27 PM »
That is my worry too that people complaining have led some to carry out this despicable crime for fear that visitors may be put off by the complaints.  Sadly they don't seem to realise that dead animals on the streets are far more horrendous than any barking dogs and that the perpetrators show no regard for any children who may be playing in the areas attacked. I have a heavy heart for my beloved Kalkan tonight

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 09:37:34 PM »
The poor dogs that were victims of this latest outrage were not just street dogs....! Even owned dogs are not safe from these evil people. It does seem that the authorities are taking this incident more seriously than the previous poisonings and I hope the reward flushes out the perpetrators. Very sad indeed.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 11:43:35 PM »
We have been to Kalkan for a few years now and have never gfelt the  street animals caused us any problems. Very sad to see them wandering about wanting a bit of company. O suppose because we  treat our own  animals so different here it is even sadder to see them.

There is no justification in what has hapened and I hope these evil morons can sleep at night.  It will not do the ourist inductry good reading articles like this as majority of people are animal lovers.

Lets hoppe there is a quick arrest soon.

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 09:22:12 AM »
Why advertise it on here then if it will have an impact to tourism. It won't help catch the perpetrators but will possibly put people off visiting Kalkan. Especially mentioning that children may get poisoned.

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 10:52:35 AM »
Vile, shameful, disgusting behaviour. This needs to posted so that people are aware and
can be vigilant. It's really heartbreaking to read, but trying to hide the fact it's happening
and suggesting people should not post their disgust for fear of frightening away tourist seems a selfish approach. As A villa owner and renter I believe most tourists would like to hear  they been caught and brought to justice, which would put the local authorities/police force in a positive light, rather than try hide it.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 11:53:20 AM »
This happens every year since I came here in 1990.  It undoubtedly happens in other towns as well.  No one has ever been caught or arrested to my knowledge and quite unlikely ever will be unless caught in the act.  Even then, I doubt the punishment would be severe.  Sad as it is, there are those who believe culling is a way to control street animals.  Owners who allow their dogs to wander the streets are irresponsible.  Spain used to have this problem too, now it is rare to see a stray on the street or hillside.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 12:21:41 PM »
Well Isis, I have my opinion and am quite entitled to portray my view on here without me being called selfish. The chances of a child getting poisoned are probably as likely as being bitten by a rabid dog, miniscule. If you read my post properly it was in response to the OP who said it would put off tourists.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 04:29:45 PM by chickengeorge »

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 12:37:39 PM »
However Chicken George it seems that it's OK for some to post stories about packs of wild dogs rampaging through the streets attacking children which is equally as damaging to tourism. Sorry but that seems like double standards. Not accusing anyone in particular but it's easy to look back and view these posts

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2015, 12:49:45 PM »
Double standards from which camp you could say. Anyway, I guess we're done with this, until the next time.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2015, 12:56:55 PM »
I maybe naively but sincerely hope that this evil coward is caught,named, shamed and punished to the full extent by law and that maybe just maybe there won't be a next time

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 01:19:03 PM »
However Chicken George it seems that it's OK for some to post stories about packs of wild dogs rampaging through the streets attacking children which is equally as damaging to tourism. Sorry but that seems like double standards. Not accusing anyone in particular but it's easy to look back and view these posts

Because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It hasn't happened to me in a few years.....but it did once. As a result we won't stay in the Kalamar area again. Town has always been fine.

I really didn't want to fuel the flames any more but it's not in my nature to allow such one sided bias. I sincerely hope you are never threatened in the way we were.

pw
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2015, 04:33:15 PM »
There is no one sided bias. Never have I stated that there isn't a problem and always at pain to say that my experiences are exactly that, mine. I would appreciate you not taking my comments out of context. I've said my piece and will make no further comment.  I broke my self imposed "ban" on ever commenting on this site again so will revert back to enjoying Kalkan and supporting those who are proactive in seeking legal and meaningful solutions .

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Shame

Started by holidayfever on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post June 26, 2008, 11:31:13 AM
by Enişte

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Tlos Amphitheatre.JPG

Views: 2826
By: Lindy
Sunset from Mahal