Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: position of villa??  (Read 2811 times)

Offline jamie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
position of villa??
« on: March 22, 2008, 03:01:04 PM »
hi all, could anybody please tell me the position of this villa with regards to the town, beach, and so on, also can anybody tell us what is in front of the villa??   and if anybody staying close by 10 to 20 July 08.. villa is at owners direct, code (tk580)  villa elsa,   thanks jamie..

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1267.0

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: position of villa??
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 09:36:25 PM »
Hi Jamie,

You are at the far end of Kalamar Bay and a long walk or short drive to town. I don''t know what else is around you. I will be putting some pics up shortly which will give you some idea. It may be worth hiring a car from the airport. I can recommend economy cars, they pick you up at the airport, take you to their office, do the paperwork and then you are away. It costs about £120 per week for a small car. Driving is easy and there is so much to see that you will appreciate the freedom.
Wendy

Offline pious aquilla

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 05:55:08 PM »
Jamie, in answer to your question regarding Villa Elsa, I know exactly where this villa is situated, as we also live in Kalamar and have been invited to a barbeque there. It is a lovely villa and has a wonderful situation, very close to the sea. There are houses in front, but not tall ones - it would be very unusual to be so close to the sea and have a completely clear view, however it still has very good, uninterrupted sea views to the side from the sitting areas and and a unterrupted sea view over the houses in front from the roof terrace and you can hear the sea from the villa!  It is about a 20 - 25 minute walk into the centre of Kalkan, but there are shops and restaurants on the way and a lovely restaurant at the beach club which is practically next door and the nearby kulube hotel. Most people walk into Kalkan from Kalamar, as we do, and if we don''t feel like walking back, we get a taxi - I personally don''t think you could do much better than this villa - I hope this helps!

Offline streety

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 09:16:13 AM »
The villa you are referring to is my neighbour.  We are lucky enough to be very close to the sea (you can get up in the morning, walk down the road and dive straight into the sea before breakfast).  We are also on the historic Lycian Way where you can go for wonderful walks and see stunning views back across Kalamar Bay, or if you''re particularly fit, keep walking all the way to Patara.  Both the Kulube Hotel and Club Xanthos are within less than 5 min walk, and both have Turkish Bath/Wellness centres. The Kulube has it''s own small beach club (although not for children younger than 12), but if you have children head for the Kalamar Beach Club (5 min walk) where there are absolutely loads of things for them to do.

The comments made by Pious Aquilla are all completely correct and I know the people you are renting from love their home and have put a lot of time and effort into ensuring their guests are happy.

We will be at our villa for the first 4 days that you are there, and after this time we have rented to a family of 6, who have previously rented closer to the centre of Kalkan, where whilst being close to the main shops and restaurants, found the roads and people noisy at night, and still had a walk uphill back to their villa. They made the booking for our villa last August to ensure getting our property in this location.

Given all this, I think you should have a wonderful time, in a lovely villa with a great location.  If I can help further please come back to me.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Villa Kirmizi Lale - 4 bed, 4 bath villa - prices slashed for July & August!

Started by felicity on Accommodation Discounts & Special Offers

0 Replies
Last post March 31, 2017, 07:02:09 AM
by felicity
xx
Villa Doruk /Villa Sena

Started by jujujones on Accommodation and Hotels

10 Replies
Last post September 29, 2010, 11:27:31 PM
by jujujones
xx
Villa Mor Ev

Started by pw on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post July 24, 2011, 11:12:28 AM
by pw
xx
Best Villa For 2

Started by habby on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post December 27, 2010, 05:50:05 AM
by hobbsie65

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal