Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My Kalkan Stash  (Read 6741 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
My Kalkan Stash
« on: February 17, 2015, 06:02:30 PM »
Its been a beautiful day on the Wirral today and my thoughts are already turning to sunnier days and our holiday in Kalkan which is sadly still treble figures away :P
Nonetheless, I've already started my Kalkan stash. It used to be a bag that I would throw bits into every now and then but now I have large plastic box which is see-through - I can check what I've already bought at a quick glance so no chance of buying two of the same bikini (something I confess I have done in the past :-[). So far I have shower gel, Avon hair Masque, some shorts for BH and a "throw over your cossie thing"...I stop short of calling them kaftans...well I've got three of those already, if I'm honest :o and God knows how many in my case in the loft. The thing is right, you need these to walk from the beach/beach club and maybe stop for a cocktail or three....am I right ladies? Roll on June...109 days today.
Has anyone else started their Kalkan Stash for their holiday this year - or just me?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12592.0
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: My Kalkan Stash
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 06:51:51 PM »
I have a permanent stash....or stashes!  :laugh:
I have a basket at the top of my wardrobe with essentials.....turkish beach towels, jewellery roll, mozzie machines, adapters etc. Then in the bathroom a basket (theme here?) with sun cream etc. I always buy too much and then there is some ready for the following year! Then in another basket in the bathroom (!!)) I have lots of little pots of lotions and potions, you know the sort that you get free when you buy expensive skincare products, obviously the small samples are the justification for spending so much in the first place!  :laugh:
OH's essentials, binoculars and snorkel and mask are in the top of his wardrobe.....we even found just over £30 worth of lira that we brought back last year safely tucked away with the cards of the turkish bath and restaurant that I am going to book before we go!
Finally all holiday items are listed on the "blue list" ......this is indeed a list on blue paper which is so old that it includes things like puzzle books to keep the girls occupied while we are at restaurants, the "girls" are now 23 and 25!!
Sorry you asked now K4E?? >:D >:D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 10:03:49 PM »
Babs, you are my hero :) The baskets and the list make my stash box look very inadequate *hangs head in shame*
We do put some things in the cases before they go in the loft - usually bought in the July sales and now I've completely forgotten what they are - so there's a stack of surprising items still to be discovered when they eventually come down for the ritual that is known as packing for Kalkan.

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 10:13:39 PM »
I think it might havebeen Babs talking about her holiday baskets that inspired me to clear out an entire drawer especially for Kalkan bits'n'bobs....... Cossies, cover ups, shorts...all good to go! Only about 160 days to go!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 07:55:40 AM »
I'll go to work with my head held high.........both as a "hero" and an "inspiration".......when in reality I am the queens of clutter, imagine a magazine article about living clutter free, our house would be the before photo! But I'm very organised about my holidays, I take them very seriously!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 09:24:50 AM »
stash started for April /May  = sunglasses and a few good books, that's it , and a bit of cash of course !

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 09:51:26 AM »
oh books....! I have completely forgotten to make my book list. Thanks brian j p :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 09:59:50 AM »
2 x James Patterson books
Toiletries in shave bag..sun cream ,shower gel,shave foam, new tootie peg brush I buy an item each month :laugh:
Beer tokens(also known as TL) buy some each month ;)
Holiday insurance sorted(don't forget !!)
New Holiday pants(xmas) granny always said get new pants in case you get run over!! :P(if I saw the car coming I'd probably have s**t meself anyway!!) >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 07:15:50 PM »
Like BL travel insurance just sorted. Got a shock when I did the medical line bit to make sure I'm covered for my adult onset asthma - gone up from £10 last year to £27 this!  As much as the annual travel insurance premium itself.  paid it obvs, not worth risking, but still. That's a few Efes gone right there. Today I booked our transfers with Abi Travel.
Needed cheering up and that's done the trick!  Next is to order the SSS from Avon to go into the bag. 94 days and counting....

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 11:22:35 AM »
This has got me thinking, I need to sort out the hire car & visas ready for May. Already looking in M&S exchange window to see how the £ is doing against the TL.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 12:54:33 PM »
Some good deals online for TL, Pompeyalbie. We just got 3.7Ttl to £ via Money Saving Expert site

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 04:52:23 PM »
Well its 2 weeks and one day till we go and my stash is now packed - having been through a rigorous and somewhat ruthless selection system :)
I still have far too much, but I've tried to be a bit more discerning about colours in an effort not to repeat last year's orange dress faux pas  :-[
BH still has 4 piles of clothes and an empty case....just sayin.

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 09:34:41 AM »
I gave up editing K4E and bought an extra 3kg baggage allowance. Well worth the £9 to keep my selection :-))))

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 01:29:05 PM »
Yes, Rachey...that's an option I have on my radar - especially when BH starts packing and even more has to go :o
How is "our place" looking?

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 05:13:02 PM »
Just remember to split the contents between the cases.

If one case goes via Honolulu, at least you have something to be going on with - His and Hers cases are not a good idea....
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Patara Cat

Views: 2505
By: misty
Kalkan