Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Just Purchased!  (Read 4179 times)

Offline Paul H.

• Paul Harding
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Just Purchased!
« on: September 15, 2014, 11:29:01 AM »
Hello Everyone! Visited Kalkan back in June, loved it & bought a villa in Kisla! Arrive Kalkan in early October looking forward to some pointers about how seasonal it is now and any do's and dont's!!! Cheers!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12378.0
Paul Harding
Villa Angora ~ Kisla

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
Re: Just Purchased!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 04:33:10 PM »
Hi Paul and Julia,

Welcome to the forum.Congratulations on your purchase in Kisla.We are in Komurluk.Not sure exactly in what context  you mean "seasonal". September is a great month to be in Kalkan......Not too hot as I find July and August unbearable.

What kind of pointers/tips/do's and dont's are you looking for ?

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 05:55:08 PM »
Congratulations! Suddenly " i went to kalkan  in july and bought a lovely pashmina" doesnt have the same ring!! Soooo jealous xx

Offline Paul H.

• Paul Harding
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 06:24:47 AM »
Thank you for the welcome!!  Advise or experiences with ownership was what we were after, seasonal meaning winter months, are they becoming more active or are most things closed down? Weather ... winter/spring months from those who have lived through, conditions? Any general pointers from the residents welcome!!!

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 08:17:13 AM »
Congratulations on your villa purchase.  Not to be a party pooper but really would have advised that the questions you are now asking would best have been asked prior to your purchase, but here goes.

Kalkan in the winter time is a little like a ghost town, Christmas & New Year is quite busy as it's a lovely time to be here & many villa owners are able come back out. From the beginning of January then it's very quiet but the weather can be lovely, but it can, like everywhere else change very suddenly & be cold & wet. The spring then brings warmer days with the odd day of rain, last May we had a wet week but then the weather turned very hot & humid, over 100f in the shade in some places. September & October have always been good months for cooler evenings & warm/hot days.

As for the do's & don'ts there are plenty of them, make sure if you use maintenance people you have a good one, do some research & ask for references this is important. Check on your utility bills make sure they are paid & on time if possible, there are very high interest charges for unpaid ones. 

We have known Kalkan for over 20yrs & owners for over 10yrs so have seen very many of changes some for the better some not so good, most of the locals are fantastic but like everywhere else in the world there are some real horrors so check things out.   Most of all enjoy your holiday home.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 10:19:12 AM »
BUYING FURNITURE............

BRAVOCASSA IS THE MAIN SUPPLIER IN KALKAN AND VERY CLOSE TO KISLA,SITUATED ON THE D400 ON THE WAY TO KAS....................AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE !!!!

THEY HAVE SUCH A VERY BAD REPUTATION FOR DELIVERY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE,BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER PURCHASE.tHEY ASK FOR BIG DEPOSITS UP FRONT AND ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY......THATS IT,THEY HAVE YOU WHERE THEY WANT YOU.

EVERYONE,PRETTY MUCH,SUFFERS THE SAME TREATMENT,TURKISH OR BRITISH OR WHOEVER !

REALLY BEWARE OF THEM........THE WORSE COMPANY I HAVE DEALT WITH IN THE UK OR TURKEY !!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Fethiye

Views: 3545
By: Em1
Delikkemer bay