Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 7312 times)

Offline Sallyjane

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hi All
« on: August 28, 2014, 07:15:52 PM »
Hi All
Thanks for all the great holiday reports over the last few weeks, I have really enjoyed reading them all and has brought my wait to return to Kalkan feeling like I am already there.
Although new to posting I have been reading the forum for quite a while now and love hearing about your wonderful exploits!
I am off for my fourth visit next Saturday and cannot wait... I was thinking of trying to do a holiday report as I to am up with the lark even on holiday!
I don't think it will be very exciting but wifi permitting am willing to give it a go just a bit nervous no one will read it!! X

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12348.0

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 07:19:36 PM »
We'll be right there sallyjane cheering you on! Have a great holiday, can't wait to hear all about it!  :laugh:

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 07:40:39 PM »
I will certainly read it.   I have been following the latest blogs daily even though not posting.   They all help look forward to the next visit.

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 08:41:05 PM »
Well done Sallyjane! I am looking forward to hearing what you get up to!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 08:47:04 PM »
Sallyjane, welcome to posting on the forum :laugh:
I will definitely be reading your reports, can't wait to hear all about your stay :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 08:54:39 PM »
Brilliant Sallyjane! Welcome to the forum and so so happy you are going to take up the baton. I will be avidly tuning in to read your blogs.  :)

Offline Sallyjane

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 06:13:12 AM »
Thanks everyone for your welcome and kind words really looking forward to it now!!
Have a couple of questions if that's ok Lizilu your Walter sounds so good did you say that you bought it in Kalkan please can you remind me where from?
And the botanik cocktail bar please can I have directions as sounds really hard to find!
Looking forward to trying lots of new restaurants this year Asian gate sounds good and might give Akin a go as never been there.
Well cases are down, most clothes are sort of ready the countdown begins only 6 more days at work including today then we will be off!!
We are staying in a villa in Ortalan with my OH and son and daughter the first week, then 9 nights just the two of us, so looking forward to relaxing it's been a long time coming!!
All the best Sal x

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 06:25:39 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Sallyjane, and thank you so much for saying you will be posting! definitely can't wait to hear about your holiday.  The Botanik Bar is just down the top road opposite the moonlight Bar right at the end of the right, or if you walk up the street above Gourmet Restaurant it is at the top of there, hope that makes sense. Re Walter, we bought ours in Kalkan, from the Can Can Supermarket just up the Kalamar Road, if you ask for an Aqua Lounger the nice lady in there will know what you mean! they come in pink and lemon.  Have a fab fab time, and look forward to hearing all about it. 

Jayne 

Offline Sallyjane

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 07:24:30 AM »
Thanks Jayne that's all really helpful will definitely be buying my own Walter!
I really loved reading your reports you and Lizilu certainly seemed to have had a great time!
I hope the post holiday blues are not too bad April will soon be here!  :) x

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 08:36:06 AM »
Thanks Sallyjane, yes definitely back in the home mode now, reality has set in, and now looking forward to our next holiday in Kalkan, but meanwhile looking forward to hearing about everyone else's holidays  :D :D :D

Jx

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 10:21:50 AM »
The original water hammocks are 'Kelsyus Floating Hammock' and I believe Walter is one of these, the ones from Can Can are missing the supporting 'pop up' ring (think pop up tent). The can can ones are a good substitute (we have both)  but I prefer the original, without the supporting ring the fake Walter has folded and wrapped around me more than once. a quick google or amazon search will find them (but remember to google 'kelsyus floating hammock' and not 'Walter'...).  We buy ours in the UK and take them out to leave for guests to use at the villa. 8) 8)

Oh and yes please write a blog, love reading them!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 10:25:50 AM by hobbo »
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 10:32:59 AM »
Yes the Kelysus ones are the best, but unfortunately we managed to break ours by not folding it up correctly! so the supporting ring somehow got bent, we then bought another one from Can Can a couple of years ago, and unfortunately that then got taken from the pool at the hotel we were staying in, so this year have invested in yet another one from Can Can, but even though no supporting ring, it is brilliant and was only 50TL.  The only thing it doesn't have is the carry bag which is really good, it came in a box.

Wish I was floating on my pink water hammock in the pool right now.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 10:37:48 AM »
Sallyjane I am guilty of starting the water hammock buying frenzy but we bought ours on amazon before they started selling them in Kalkan. They fold up and BH usually brings it in his hand luggage. We bought ours about 4 years ago and its still as good as new so add up what you might spend on lilos every year (which are nowhere near as comfortable or easy to mount :o...) and the hammock has paid for itself in a year or two.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/SwimWays-Spring-Inflatable-Lounger-Luxury/dp/B004TG3TZE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409304513&sr=8-1&keywords=water+hammocks
Or you can wait until you get to Kalkan and take a chance they are still available.
Enjoy  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 10:44:22 AM »
sorry, crossover posting... ::)
Ours is a Kelysus but if you look on Amaazon these are now about £80 - think it cost about £35 originally. The link I have posted shows a different brand but these are the same mechanism and quality of the original - our son has just bought one as we left ours with a Turkish friend this year.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 11:05:43 AM »
K4E, yes they were £35 just over 2 years ago on Amazon, that is certainly a big increase isn't it?

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 11:23:48 AM »
We tend to buy a new water hammock each year (they seem to last 2 rental seasons) , usually £30-£37 just checked and most places have sold out for the season, last one we got was from here http://www.snowandsun.co.uk/shop/pool-hammock/ looks like they were expecting a delivery mid Aug?? may be worth a try. 8) 8)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 01:09:33 PM »
You can keep your hammocks.....give me a green inflatable crocodile any day (cost a fiver) >:D
And does any one remember the inflatable armchairs you could cruise around your pool on??
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 01:27:24 PM »
Yes Walter is indeed a Kelsyus original. He's a bit battered and bent but still going strong after a couple of years.

K4E I'm eternally grateful to you for introducing us!  You should have been a matchmaker in a former life  ;) :-*

I can't believe how they have increased in price, Walter is obviously worth his weight in gold... BL, I think I saw one of those armchair inflatables at one of the supermarkets but can't remember which one. Fab for your EFES. I did try and squeeze my ample posterior into our youngests Roger ring this holiday, but prefer my Walter any day over inflatables. Too much effort to mount, especially when slicked full of oil. I did try our daughters lilo but resembled a hamster on a wheel as I did at least two full 360 degree turns underwater while trying to do so!!! ;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 05:42:00 PM »
Those little rings come in handy for when you have had the trots and can't sit down anymore ;D :o :o :o

Offline Sallyjane

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2014, 06:32:32 PM »
Thanks guys you do make me chuckle! I think I will take my chances with the can can supermarket one at 50L sounds good to me! X

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal