Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Handbags, watches and small house!  (Read 3773 times)

Offline Holidaylover28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Handbags, watches and small house!
« on: May 04, 2014, 08:30:59 PM »
Hi all, where do people recommend in Kalkan to buy quality leather "copy" bags ? Also the same with watches and ooooh and sunglasses.  :D
Also does anyone have an email address for small house? I gave tried emailing them from the one listed on trip advisor but no reply as yet.
Thanks for all your help  :D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12044.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Handbags, watches and small house!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 01:11:20 PM »
I think the contact details for small House on TA are correct but check it against the business directory on KTLN. Let's just hope they aren't being overwhelmed again so aren't able to keep up with enquiries.
There are plenty of bag shops in Kalkan and according to KTLN a couple of new ones for 2014 :) Everyone has their favourites but I go to Nuri, next door to Moonlight, as he's a friend of ours and we always get a good deal. I would suggest taking photos out with you of the bag(s) you want and always check zips, lining and clasps for branding and quality before you buy.
For sunglasses we always go to Kaptans down by the Mosque. He will tell you which glasses have the proper UV filters and which don't - they are priced accordingly.
Watches we buy from the first stall at the Thursday market. Again, weve bought from this couple for years and years and have never had an issue. Look at their better range which are behind the stall in cases. She will also adjust the strap whilst you wait and we've taken watches back to her for adjustments or batteries many years later.
Happy shopping!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Holidaylover28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 08:52:33 PM »
Thanks for your help  ;D we are going Thursday to Thursday so don't think we will get to go to the market :( unless it runs into the evening in which case our first day we may be able to catch it.
I will have a look at both details for the small house

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 10:35:49 PM »
For sunglasses we always go to Kaptans down by the Mosque. He will tell you which glasses have the proper UV filters and which don't - they are priced accordingly.

If you are buying fake anything common sense tells you you should ignore any claims about the product but happily in the case of sunglasses even the very cheapest will probably filter out the UV as its more expensive to make lenses that let UV through than ones that don't. 

Re Smallhouse cannot help with the email but went there twice over Easter and can confirm that the Meze and Fish dishes are just as good as ever. 

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 11:09:42 PM »
The market packs up around 4 but it does start quite early...we've been up there at 8.30 am and there are quite a few stalls open..including our watch guys  :)

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 08:16:38 AM »
2 new handbag shops opened ın Kalkan thıs year!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 09:41:20 AM »
 :o :o :o
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 11:52:33 AM »
read it and weep boys....read it and weep :-*

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 03:04:23 PM »
2 new handbag shops opened ın Kalkan thıs year!!

There must realise the Brits need to buy fake tat is insatiable  >:D ^-^ >:D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 03:54:39 PM »
Do you have a bag mention radar, misty...? ::) You haven't posted for months then as soon as a bag thread starts you pop up like a merecat :-*
Plenty of other nationalities buying bags last year....just sayin! Fake it maybe, tat it isn't IMO.......

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »
Oh I love the annual "fake" debate  ;D
I have to say my "Mulberry" is looking as good as ever and I've used it day in day out for three winters now....almost don't need an excuse for a new one!  ::)
holidaylover.....there lots of choice, my personal favourite bag shop is BSG......look forward to seeing the new ones!

Offline hodstar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 06:58:21 PM »
Thanks for your help  ;D we are going Thursday to Thursday so don't think we will get to go to the market :( unless it runs into the evening in which case our first day we may be able to catch it.
I will have a look at both details for the small house
Kaptan for sunglasses is the best in Kalkan. Ibrahim will always give you good advice and nothings a trouble to him.

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 08:29:47 AM »
Had a fabulous lunch at Kucuk Ev (Small House) this week - it was almost like a religious experience - but sadly no tables for dinner available, inside or out, for the coming week. We were shown the reservations book which showed that the balcony table is pretty much like gold dust for the rest of the year. I squeezed an evening in for July and my friend for September. It certainly looks like a repeat performance of last year where following rave reviews, it is on many people's 'to do' list. Chatting over a drink one night to the lovely husband and wife team who run the restaurant, they explained that some people book the balcony table from the UK weeks in advance, then don't turn up because they might have seen a mixed review and therefore changed their mind.

If you fail to make a booking via email, I would recommend that you call in on-spec when you actually arrive in KK to see if there have been any last minute cancellations or 'no shows'. Bon appetit!

Offline Holidaylover28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 09:37:11 AM »
ooooo, thank you everyone for the suggestions on bags, my o/h is going to love it! (NOT!). I don't normally buy fakes only originals but needs must now as just cannot stretch to such luxury's, so looking forward to seeing how they measure up! mum has already given me her order!
The small house emailed me back and i have managed to get a balcony table on one of our evenings! really looking forward to it  ;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 09:45:35 AM »
Ladies.....when you are thinking of buying a bag please go for a bigger one!!..small ones are allright for dancing around but in order to get your mans bits and pieces in you will need something larger....I find too much in my pockets makes my shorts hang funny  :P >:D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 12:12:10 PM »
Are you sure its items in your pockets that make your shorts hang funny...? :-* :-*

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 01:30:33 PM »
Eeeuww I don't want my mans bits in my bag...! ;-)
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 02:55:33 PM »
 ;D ;D :laugh:

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 05:31:31 PM »
Why don't you buy yourself a nice little 'man bag' so you can carry your own bits  and pieces BL. I believe they are quite trendy these days.  >:D :) ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Small House

Started by Shields99 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

11 Replies
Last post October 03, 2013, 07:19:40 PM
by Pompeyalbie
xx
The "small house"

Started by Psmudge70 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post February 01, 2014, 05:23:33 PM
by EK Moderator
xx
Shopping for watches

Started by Kefgirl on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

37 Replies
Last post September 09, 2009, 11:13:46 PM
by PACHSU
xx
Oscar Watches

Started by MrsH on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post August 29, 2014, 01:51:05 PM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal