Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: shipping from england  (Read 3130 times)

Offline waterskibabe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
shipping from england
« on: March 06, 2008, 08:55:45 PM »
I am new to this website after buying our appartment last October. I furnished most of it all from local shops at a fairly good price. However we are looking at shipping a few things over which seem to be very expensive in Turkey. Firstly has anyone ever done this and roughly the cost and who have they used??

many thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1203.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: shipping from england
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 09:00:42 PM »
Some of the Kalkan expat residents will be able to give you more precise costs and details but talking to many friends who have either done this or tried to do this - it appears that it is VERY expensive and requires all sorts of shipping documentation (and possibly a Residents permit..??).  Your stuff is liable to sit for weeks in Izmir unless you go up there and hassle hassle hassle...I guess when you get some more precise details you will have to weigh up the pros and cons and more importantly the costs - but unless you are talking about things of personal value that can''t be replaced - then I think you might just find it cheaper and easier in the long run to buy turkish..!!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline waterskibabe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 09:17:50 PM »
I thought it might be but worth asking. we are looking for plactic storage sheds that are around in england. I have seen them once but very expensive .Any suggestions

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 09:29:12 PM »
Try looking at B&Q in Antalya...called KocTas - they have a website and you can also e-mail them..I did in english and they replied very nicely in english too!! 

Good luck!!

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 06:17:32 AM »
To ship goods from England (or any other country) you have to have a Residence Permit. The actual cost of shipping and insurance is high and there is an import tax. Full details of all customs regulations can be found at http://www.gumruk.gov.tr/ The website is quite informative and has an English version.

The type of plasticstorage sheds which you describe can be bought here, Fethiye has some places selling them but they are fairly expensive. An inexpensive alternative would be to have a local metal worker make the sheds to your exact requirements in aluminium, these would be light and portable and completely weatherproof. They would also last for years. you could even paint them in a colour of your choice. If you would like details of local companies which could do this, send me the measurements and I will get a quote for you.

Lantana

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 01:22:18 PM »
Hi Sarah

I have just imported our household good to Kalkan they were as follows.

Three piece suite
Two single beds.
Twelve framed pictures
Six boxes 60 cm square, containing assorted house hold goods.

The cheapest quote I got to ship was £ 1,870.00
I was quoted by one company £ 3,600.00

I did not ship any electrical items and the list of goods shown on the shipping notes was accurate down to the smallest item, which according to the shipping agent is very important if you are to stand any chance of getting the goods released from Turkish Customs without a lot of hassle.

The import tax I had to pay on the list of goods above was 360 Turkish Lira

There are two types of import you can use:-
Temporary import for those who are coming for a set perioud  and will be returning home with their goods. Temporary import you pay tax on the goods and it is refunded to you when you take the goods home again.

With temporary impost you must take back out of the country the exact same goods that you bought in, you are charged for any goods that are missing.

Or the system I used: Pay a non-refundable import tax, you are then free to sell or dispose of the goods as you like.

All electronic goods such as Televisions and Hi-Fi are subject to a separate banderol tax which is prohibitively expensive and in my opinion it is not worth importing Televisions Etc. They are available in Turkey for the same cost or less than the UK.

As has been said on the forum you will need a residence permit, which entails a trip to Kemer police station just ouside Antalya and will also have to give power of attorney to the shipping agent to enable him to clear the goods through customs.
He will also need your full passport and the original Tapu for your property ( Title deeds to you house in Turkey.)

But please be aware if the Turkish customs are not happy with the list of goods or its description or any other aspect they will insist on seeing you in person which will involve a journey to Izmir and most probably at the minimum an overnight stay.

I used the company Sac Shipping in the UK who have the advantage of having a very good shipping agent based in Izmir who was able to get our goods released without us having to go in person.
I hope this helps if you are as crazy as my wife Lynn and still want to import your goods please feel free to PM me and I will be pleased give you full details of the agent we used.

Please note I have no connection with SAC shipping other than I was very satisfied with the service they gave us.

All the Best:   Buster. 

My Pictures of Turkey can be seen at:            http://picasaweb.google.com/barryjv

Pet Nothing, Persecute Nothing.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 11:16:36 AM »
There is a good article in Today''s Zaman on what ex-pats can import and export into Turkey.
On the main EnjoyKalkan web page there is a link to this Newspaper. :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
shipping queries........

Started by gooner63 on Living In Kalkan

1 Replies
Last post January 25, 2009, 09:36:33 PM
by Cosetta
xx
shipping from U.K to Kalkan !!!!!!

Started by gooner63 on Living In Kalkan

12 Replies
Last post May 22, 2009, 01:08:34 PM
by kalkan wife
xx
Shipping Package to the UK

Started by bankieken on The Everything Else Area!

0 Replies
Last post June 15, 2017, 08:43:33 AM
by bankieken
xx
Shipping/ Removal company

Started by Annie Anderson on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post May 15, 2010, 04:35:04 PM
by Annie Anderson

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal