Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Help Please!  (Read 4095 times)

Offline ShazzaA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Help Please!
« on: April 22, 2014, 03:01:01 PM »
Hi there

We're planning to return to Kalkan at the end of October, during the school holidays. The apartment where we usually stay isn't available this year and I'm overwhelmed by all the accommodation available. There is just too much to choose from!

We usually stay in an apartment next to the Meldi (off Kalamar Road), so that's the area we're keen to revisit. Off the top of your heads, can anybody think of an apartment fairly nearby that's not too far out. Ideally not much further up Kalamar Road than the Asfiya or the old Ada Hotel. The only criteria is 2 bedrooms, a balcony big enough to have breakfast on and a swimming pool. Our kids will be 9 and 11.

I have a very long short list of beautiful places from Owners Direct which I'm slowly ploughing my way through again! There are a couple at the Emir complex which we've walked past several times. Has anybody ever stayed there?

Thanks in advance for your help  ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11991.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Help Please!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 03:31:21 PM »
We've stayed at Emir. The apartments are fairly compact but nicely laid out - the balconies are a bit small but some have a roof terrace and I'd be inclined to go for one of those if they are available. The pool is perfect for your kids though - lovely size.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline ShazzaA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 03:41:41 PM »
Thank you very much. I'll have a look to see if there are any available with a roof terrace.

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 03:50:02 PM »
You could try the Korsan Apartmenrts these are even closer to the village than the Meldi. They are extremely well looked after and  and have 2 shared pooles and a little cafe bar for lunches & poole snacks.

M

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 05:21:09 PM »
Have to agree with the Engineer. The Korsan are delightful and their 2 bedroomed apartments would be perfect for your family.
We had many happy years staying there.
http://www.korsankalkan.com/kalkan-accommodation-prices.html

Offline yakamoz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 05:24:46 PM »
The Mediterranean complex apartments near to the Meldi, and there are 2 bed apartments for rent.

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 06:11:37 PM »
Hi we have stayed at Emir and loved it.  We stayed in maribo which is well placed for the pool and the terrace is a good size. Try kalkan magic  as they manage a couple of the properties there.

Offline ShazzaA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 07:15:35 PM »
Many thanks to everyone for their replies. Still haven't narrowed it down to one. Shortlist of seven now. We're getting there.....

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal