Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dragons Den – business opportunity. Are you in or out?  (Read 4530 times)

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
In the midst of the chaos and frustration surrounding the roadworks, I feel an important business opportunity has been missed.

My idea is produce a unique range of products that would appeal to Kalkan lovers of all ages, who like myself have deep-seated emotional and historical ties with the place. In short, the die hard fans who spend a good deal of the year reminiscing about their last visit, and the rest of the year planning their next one.

So, we reclaim the lovely old stone pavements which have been dug up from the Kalkan streets, and fashion them into timeless and stylish pieces of jewellery (like they do with Whitby Jet). Perhaps you spent a memorable evening at the Moonlight bar, or shared a special moment in a certain side street? What about a little momento from the steps in front of the BSG handbag shop – a well-trodden path for many of us?  Well now you can wear a little piece of that pavement round your neck or dangling from your lobes for ever. Why stop at jewellery? What about coasters, placemats and key fobs – the list is endless. As the source is finite, this opportunity is only short term, and the value of the items is sure to rise over time. All profits to be donated to the long suffering residents and businesses in the Old Town who have endured so much misery over the the past 5 months.

I’m from Manchester and they did the same thing with bricks from the famous Hacienda night club - the business model has already been tested. For my part, I've got a few sand-encrusted TL coins rolling around in the bottom of my suitcase, the rest is up to you.

So, are you in, or out?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11908.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Dragons Den – business opportunity. Are you in or out?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 12:39:44 PM »
Out!!!!!!..as a regular buyer of tat I don't want to be tempted or lured into buying rubble >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 01:45:15 PM »
Oh that made me laugh Christina ;D ;D
Just think you could also get pieces signed by the many celebrities that have reportedly been in Kalkan and auction them for KAPSA, or the KTLN Trust  :o :o There is brass in muck and no mistake.... :-*
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 02:45:08 PM »
Hilarious Christina ;D. I wonder if there is gold in those hills? X

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 07:02:17 PM »
Mmmmmmm.......maybe I should have a piece of the pavement from the corner by Kalamaki in memory of the numerous (too many to count) times I have slipped.....even in flip flops.....even when sober!  :laugh:
Count me in Christina!  >:D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 09:49:02 PM »
If I had a pair of earrings made from the amount of kerbstones that my OH has tripped over or fallen off - I'd have earlobes down to my kankles!!!  ;D
Sorry Christina, "I'm oot"!!!!   ;D

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 11:19:42 PM »
I find it hard to get sentimental about some (not so) old crazy paving. I agree it could be broken down into small pieces but only as filler to go under the lovely new paving. I don't see any return on any investment. I wish you luck but I have to say.........I'm out.

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 04:52:23 AM »
I dont think there was actually any really old and historic bit of pavement left when they starting ripping them all out this winter (if there ever was) I am pretty sure that in the last 8 years just about every road in the old town has been dug up at some time or other,at least a couple of times.
Saying that, they may still hold lots of memories for many people!!
Anyway they have just about all gone except the Isos road lot - maybe that makes them a rarity but I am not so sure - I am out!

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 06:28:52 AM »
Many years ago a colleague and I were in Berlin and whilst waiting for our flight, challenged each other to go buy the other a 'gift' with our remaining Deutsche Marks.. As a result I am the proud owner of an authentic (or is that 'genuine fake') lump of the Berlin Wall in a decorative plastic box. Maybe this idea isn't too bonkers!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 01:27:24 PM »
hmmm....piece of the Berlin Wall (real or fake) versus bits of path in Kalkan....? Very famous poignant landmark versus bits of path in Kalkan? Pieces of a wall that symbolised the struggle between capitalism and communism v bits of path in Kalkan where perhaps the odd person fell because of inappropriate footwear. I love Kalkan but still don't see this as quite on the same level  :-* :-*
Bonkers is a good word :)

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 01:46:55 PM »
Yes but what a pathway.........unique in the world.I will invest all of the money,but I want 45% of the business.I am happy to share the investment,so you get two dragons...so deal or no deal    ( sorry wrong show )....so in or out.........I AM IN

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Retiring to Kalkan/Turkey- Would you given the opportunity?

Started by DRBD on General Discussion

41 Replies
Last post March 17, 2008, 08:05:47 AM
by Lantana
xx
Rare opportunity-apartment for sale on popular Bougainville complex

Started by Chrl on Buying A Property & Real Estate

0 Replies
Last post April 12, 2015, 07:51:23 AM
by Chrl
xx
Kalkan Business A-Z

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

21 Replies
Last post April 26, 2011, 07:54:13 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
hawking for business.

Started by tog miester on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post August 16, 2009, 12:37:10 AM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal