Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Special Restaurant  (Read 3781 times)

Offline Tathersmtb23

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Special Restaurant
« on: February 01, 2014, 08:49:48 PM »
Hello all,

First trip to Kalkan later this year (August).

We will be celebrating my wife's 40th birthday whilst we are here. 

Would really appreciate other members thoughts on a special venue for us to celebrate.

Thanks in advance

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11828.0

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Special Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 09:39:16 PM »
Many many choices and it all depends on what you want etc.
I am sure you will get more recommendations than you cope with (unless you are in Kalkan for more tha 6months) but for me it would be Mussakka

I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Tathersmtb23

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 08:53:11 PM »
Thanks

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 08:56:56 PM »
Has to be Gironda's  Jimmy put on a fantastic night for our friends who were celebrating their wedding anniversary......I asked him to pull all the stops out and he certainly did they still talk about two years on......

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 04:53:35 AM »
Hi, you can't go wrong with any of the suggestions made so far. My personal favourite is Gourmet, closely followed by Kalamaki - both rooftop terraces. Last July, when the staff at Gourmet heard I was having dinner there on the first night of my holiday (I had been a few times before), I arrived to find my seafront table covered in bougainvillea blossom.

I recommend that you visit the restaurants during the day to check out the menus and the views. You will also be able to reserve your favourite table and discuss your plans with staff. Wherever you end up, I am sure you will have an evening to remember.

Offline Derbyshire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 07:04:42 AM »
Hi we lovely fish terrace ( need to book) usually a jazz singer on Tuesday and Thursday night go on to korsankalkan.com and have a look  . You will love kalkan enjoy we go in June and aug !

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 10:37:12 AM »
Basically, you will get each and everyone's personal favourite, when asked!

A good recommendation would have to be based on whether there are just the two of you or not, and whether you just want your own company, isolated from others.  Some people do want to be in their own cocoon, others want to be 'part of the action'.  Be very wary if you are the latter as some establishments will try to be 'romantic' and think you want to be segregated to re-enact Romeo and Juliet!  Unfortunately, Lykia has done that to us as has Sade (but we forgive them as it was well meant) .

Then you have to consider whether you want entertainment, a roof top view, harbourside, out in the bay on a boat, or contrastingly, fewer great views but potentially better personal service, atmosphere, or a menu that you may prefer!

Kalkan has it all, but a recommendation is difficult without knowing exactly what you're really looking for.

I'm sure you'll find something that will suit, and will have the time to make some experiments before celebrating.
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 11:38:45 AM »
Hi Tathersmtb23,

What great advice you've been given already and I have very little to add other than, unless your wife's birthday is the first day of your holiday, I would mooch around town and try a few of the restaurants that catch your eye and return to the one that fits the bill the most. You can then book the best table in advance and if you tell them it's for a birthday, they will pull out all the stops incuding fireworks, cakes etc - should you want that of course!
Personal favourites for us are Mussaka, Kaya, Gourmet and Marina - all for different reasons!  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 05:41:50 PM »
its so difficult when you don't know a place but want to book a first rate dining experience for a special occasion. We all have our favourites and we will like them for different reasons. What you will get in Kalkan is a first rate dining experience at a good 90% of the restaurants....and there's a lot of them to choose from. We find the food, ambiance and views consistently good throughout so I'm sure you will not be disappointed with your final choice. Quite the opposite. My tenpenneth for what its worth...

romantic just the two of you amazing views = Villa Mahal in Kisla
food and service but harbourside view = Mussakka
food, service, rooftop view = Gourmet
best view in Kalkan (IMO) and good food but not as romantic = Sofra

have a great stay :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Tathersmtb23

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 08:35:09 PM »
Thanks all for your thoughts, it is much  appreciated.

There is actually quiet a gang of us (12 in total) so would have to be somewhere that could accommodate that size of table.

Was keen to look at booking somewhere prior to arrival so will have a look at these suggestion.

Cheers

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 08:49:19 PM »
I think for a party of that size you would definitely need to book. I doubt Villa Mahal is right for you, but everywhere else could accommodate that number.
Have you thought of doing a moonlight cruise? You could book Yildiz 2 or 3 for that tomorrow if you know what date you want - a really special way to celebrate a landmark birthday. It holds 12 so you could book it just for your party.

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 08:59:48 PM »
Being so many in your party it would probably be good to have a decent sized space to yourselves where you can relax and enjoy your own company, the top terrace at Adams Place out on the Kas road would (imo) be just right, the views are superb and you are not surrounded by other restaurants that come with their own distractions. It would certainly feel like your own private party. As others have said we all have our own favourites and I'd say we personally have favourite places for different reasons but only you can decide. Wherever you end up, Enjoy!
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Restaurant & Cafe Special offer nights

Started by turkeyfan on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

11 Replies
Last post June 09, 2011, 11:12:25 PM
by saskia
xx
Its special because..............

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

9 Replies
Last post May 03, 2009, 02:04:46 PM
by Babs
xx
Special Day

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post January 25, 2011, 08:35:41 PM
by turkeyfan
xx
Why Kalkan Is Special To Me

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post March 15, 2009, 05:31:31 PM
by MartynE

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal