Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Tanzore Indian restaurant (Chapter One)  (Read 14030 times)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Tanzore Indian restaurant (Chapter One)
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 01:45:53 PM »
Hi OneLove,

We have not eaten in TanZore but have heard positive things about it, I was saying we have had so many top restaurants threads it may be interesting to see which ones people found disappointing, providing people are sensible with it!

Sorry admin, I mis-read your post  ???

I don't think it's a good idea as I think it could get out of hand very quickly, you must understand you are dealing with people's livings / lives / family's etc. A lot of the restaurants in Kalkan have to borrow money from family, friends, banks etc, they want to please so they can earn a decent living while paying their loans back.....it's tough out there for most of them.

If you have a problem with a meal etc tell the owner while you are still in the restaurant, I'm sure most will only be to happy to sort out any problems you have, that's a Much fairer way of dealing with a problem, not coming on a forum like EK and moaning about it while hiding behind a name....like onelove  ;)

Just to make things clear, my post above was a general one and NOT aimed at any particular person (s)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2013, 03:26:52 PM »
 :) had another brillliant meal at Tanzore  3 nights ago. it was probably my tenth visit since it opened and i am not a great lover of indian food normally at home. OH and i took three friends who are on holiday and would not normally go for an indian in turkey. five clean plates later said it all! can not understand previous complaints?  ???

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2013, 04:31:17 PM »
My friend who came with us said the poppadums were the best she'd ever had.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2013, 04:52:57 PM »
It's really good to hear most people have had good meals, but as we all know, you can't please all the people all the time....Fact.

To be fair curry is a funny food, tastes vary so much....back in ( wet, cold ) South London my wife 'hates' my fav curry house, and I don't particular like her fav one, so when we go out for a curry we have to go to a diff one every time' funny old game Saint   >:D

Tonight is our last night, chef needs to go back to Cyprus to sort out some personal stuff, albeit, we will be re-opening on or around the 10th Dec, then 'plan' to stay open All winter if the demand is there.

Thanks for all your support & custom from Everyone @ tanZore, we hope to be serving you again very soon   ;D

Cheers

Onelove  ;)

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2013, 05:35:54 PM »
Hope you manage to open in Dec (particularly between xmas and new year) as we will definitely visit then.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2013, 05:53:10 PM »
We def plan to KM.   While we are on the subject of ' opening out of season'....anyone else be looking to pay us a visit 'out of season' ?

Onelove  >:D

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2013, 06:15:32 PM »
I'm looking forward to trying Tanzore, I've eaten Indian food all over the world.....lived in India as well.....if the food good it doesn't matter where you are......

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2013, 06:29:41 PM »
Misty I'm going back to the uk tomorrow, back in Kalkan on the 9th Nov, if you are about then let me know and I will be more than happy to have a meal (curry) with you  ???

I have never lived in India but have been there 5 times to watch cricket. Had many a curry there, bit of a shock first time...bones & All  ;)

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2013, 05:40:42 AM »
Its was Tanzores last night until mid december yesterday.My first visit there and it certainly wont be my last.The food was superb.Service a bit lacking (especially as only 2 tables occupied) but its getting the service right for everyone.Some like attentive and some prefer to be completely left alone and some want to be gushed over!! Anyway the food was very tasty and as good a curry as I have had anywhere in the UK.Makes a nice change to see something different in Kalkan and I would recommend to anyone.

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 07:49:27 AM »
 :) we are back for christmas and new year so we will visiting again :)

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 08:20:36 AM »
great onelove, look forward to it in Dec  :)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 09:38:49 AM »
Thanks to all for your feed back, some positive, some not so positive, but All appreciated &
taken on board.

Onelove.

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 09:48:16 AM »
We def plan to KM.   While we are on the subject of ' opening out of season'....anyone else be looking to pay us a visit 'out of season' ?

Onelove  >:D

I'm over for 2 weeks from Saturday - so sorry I'll miss you. But I am back on 26th December for a month, when I look forward to seeing a traditional Boxing Day Turkey Curry on the menu!

Offline Braveheart

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013, 11:24:58 AM »
Hi
It's a shame Tanzore isnt going to be open on our arrival next week as we were looking forward to eating there
There are a couple of points I would like to make though.
This forum has been allowed to be  shamelessly exploited by the restaurant owners and friends, benefiting from  free advertising and generating  hype on here and the Trip advisor initially by themselves and others making it the best restaurant in Kalkan!!!! Albeit this was for a short period of time.
What's the point of a review if you can't post constructive negative points!! This is how we gauge what's good and bad and the whole point of Tripadvisor.
Kucuk Ev took a thrashing through the summer through the hype generated in the  English press early in the year. Visitors were booking tables for the entire week and when it didn't live up to their expectations they submitted negative reviews, but it has come back in the standings by delivering a quality product.
Take the negative comments on the chin, raise the bar, stop whining and good luck in your second season

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2013, 11:36:58 AM »
We are neither the owners of any restaurants in Kalkan (or anywhere), nor friends of them.  We have posted in past positive comments where they were deserved and very recently negative feedback about the surliness of the manager of Pavilion, although the food itself is good.  But we and several friends will not return to Pavilion until the manager learns who pays his salary.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2013, 12:43:14 PM »
We were in the Tanzore in the week for an anniversary meal so it was a bit special. It was our first visit & had booked a table.
We chose poppadoms which were very good, perhaps a little oily, shared onion bhaji & meat somosa which were lovely.  I chose a chicken madras o/h a prawn madras, as we are sure about these 2 dishes in the UK.  To be quite honest I didn't really enjoy my madras, the sauce was thin & in my opinion lacking something perhaps tomatoe, it had a flourery taste.  O/H enjoyed his dish plenty of lovely prawns but again he made comment re the thin sauce.  I did try one of his prawns & it seems that prawn improved the sauce flavour.  We also had side veggie dishes which we are used to, they were ok. 

The service was good, very hot plates (always acceptable) large portions, good location, we found it expensive but were prepared for that as it was a special meal, we also had checked out the menue before booking. Not sure we would go again, if we did it we would be trying a different dish or two.   
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Chrish

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2013, 04:08:56 PM »
I had no axe to grind when I left a terrible review of Tanzore, I generally had a poor meal, with terrible service. I have completed over 60 reviews in Kalkan & only 2 have been terrible.
I have read good reviews & put my experience down to inconsistencies of a new restaurant.
Trip adviser, especially in Kalkan, should be taken with a large 'pinch of salt', as restaurant owners seem to be obsessed with their rating & I'm sure many are made up (1 reviewers).
Since the threatening message from Billy, I have had several communications with Peter & I respect him for bothering to contact me personally.
An good Indian restaurant would be great for Kalkan & especially myself  who adores Indian food.
I will monitor reviews & hopefully give them another try next season. Good luck.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2013, 09:41:57 AM »
I had no axe to grind when I left a terrible review of Tanzore, I generally had a poor meal, with terrible service. I have completed over 60 reviews in Kalkan & only 2 have been terrible.
I have read good reviews & put my experience down to inconsistencies of a new restaurant.
Trip adviser, especially in Kalkan, should be taken with a large 'pinch of salt', as restaurant owners seem to be obsessed with their rating & I'm sure many are made up (1 reviewers).
Since the threatening message from Billy, I have had several communications with Peter & I respect him for bothering to contact me personally.
An good Indian restaurant would be great for Kalkan & especially myself  who adores Indian food.
I will monitor reviews & hopefully give them another try next season. Good luck.

Pleased to hear you will give us another try Chrish, look forward to seeing you.

Onelove.

Offline Bee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2013, 06:38:28 PM »
We ate there last month and really enjoyed it. We don't eat many curries in the UK but I have to say, out of the few we have had, this was the best by far.  The portion sizes were huge and between the four of us we had enough left over for another meal, so they offered to box it all up for us. After a long day out to Fethiye the following day, we got home, put it all together in a pan with some more tomatoes and onions and had yet another delicious curry. Brilliant value!

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2013, 05:15:29 PM »
Am I alone in thinking trip advisor is really a complete waste of time? I would rather decide myself where to eat and where to stay without studying reviews from people that may have completely different tastes/expectations to me.  If I like somewhere I will eat there again, if not I won't.

If people ask for recommendations I will tell them what I have liked and why, it is then up to them if they try it. This year I met someone who had a print out of trip advisor reviews clutched in their hand and as they walked around kept referring to it, how sad, can they not make up their own minds.

Also some of the reviews do untold damage to hotels and restaurants and many people post as they have an axe to grind. I doubt some of the smaller back street cafés ever get a mention and people still flock to them. I know of one hotel in Kalkan that ended up successfully suing trip advisor for an unbelievably vitriolic review, based on a complete pack of lies.

I would advise anyone using trip advisor do so with a very open mind , trust your own judgement, it is not often wrong!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Tanzore Indian restaurant opening tomorrow

Started by maryharvie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

40 Replies
Last post May 21, 2013, 05:01:41 AM
by onelove
xx
Chapter One restaurant

Started by Newbies on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post September 03, 2012, 08:43:24 PM
by Newbies
xx
Indian restaurant in Kalkan

Started by onelove on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

172 Replies
Last post March 25, 2013, 12:23:17 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Indian Restaurant - closed???

Started by amber on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post July 30, 2013, 07:48:57 AM
by One sheet

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Jump

Views: 2638
By: cptergun
A night in Coast