Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Absolute heaven  (Read 8541 times)

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Absolute heaven
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 09:27:52 PM »
Thanks everyone,
Well the washing is done, now for the ironing  :(  As we all do I keep thinking back to this time last week and reminiscing about what we were up to. Last Tuesday was our trip out with Cpt Ergun and his lovely wife, Merve and their assistant Alp. I will do a full report on trip advisor later on, but all I can say is Wow, what a fantastic day.He picked up up from our villa and took us to Kas where we boarded his boat. We did the Kekova trip and as you have probably read on Lizilu20's post we couldn't believe it when we heard shouting from another boat and then my OH said "Im sure that's Lizzie and your forum friends. It was so funny how we kept seeing each other. Its one thing bumping into them in Kalkan but on a boat in the middle of the sea on route to Kekova was such a coincident! I can not speak highly enough of our hosts and our trip. It was such a wonderful day. My father in law was in his element spending most of his day fishing from the back of the boat. Ergun even cooked some of the fish so we could have it with our lunch. We stopped at some lovely bays. Both Ergun and Merve speak excellent English so were able to tell us all about the area and to point out things that we would probably have missed. During the day we had a wonderful lunch, fruit platter, pop corn, a surprise birthday cake and then when we thought it was time to get off they produced a bottle of bubbly to drink back at the harbour. We had taken our own iPod and Ergun was more than happy for us to choose our music. My holiday songs this year are Daft Punk and Blurred lines. To sit on deck, with the wind in your hair listening to your favourite songs drinking far too much rose out of beautiful glasses.... well just perfect  :) It was so perfect that we booked another trip on the Thusday! Extravagant I know, but bear in mind that we haven't had a summer holiday for 3 years and you never know what's around the corner. This time we did the island tour which meant more time doing fun things. Ergun  picked us up a bit earlier and offered us breakfast on board. It was so tasty.  My favourite things were going in his small speed boat to see the bats and the snorkelling. I will never forget that. It was the first time I  had done it properly with flippers. Ergun guided us and made  sure we were ok at all times. He also took loads of underwater pictures. On the trip back to our villa he stopped off and bought a memory stick. Back at the villa with his laptop he put them all on to the stick. They are amazing and a lasting memory to an absolutely fantastic day. Cant speak highly enough of our 2 days spent with them all.

Well I've probably gone on far too long, so will continue with my report tomorrow, but in answer to your question K4E I loved Kalkan. It was very much as I had pictured. Obviously I don't know what it was like before, but in my eyes there is no way that I would say that it was heading for a fall. All the holiday makers we met were friendly and genuinely nice and I think that Kalkan has a lovely feel to it. I like somewhere with a bit of life and I think Kalkan has a good balance. I loved the roof top restaurants, but I also went with my 19 year old son to Mojitos a couple of times! My OH and myself were the oldest there, but that didn't stop us having a dance. I have to say that all the youngsters there were simply having a good time and I never saw any trouble. I can tell you that there is no way that I would feel comfortable doing that in my local town. I loved that you could go to different beach clubs, go on boat trips or just sit at the harbour and watch the world go by. Loved Feners and their  ice creams! 3TL what a bargain. Favourite flavour was caramel or maybe chocolate, or was it coffee? Think we tried them all .....all in the name of research of course!  :) Well I think you have got the picture.... loved it and would definitely go back....best get saving!

Suzyq1 

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 08:41:45 PM »
Daft Punk, Robin Thicke and Fener ice cream......we were definitely separated at birth, suzyq ;D How can anyone resist those freshly made waffle cones, still warm, 2 scoops of your choice of ice cream, melted chocolate and chopped nuts all for the equivalent of £1. I can always find any number of reasons to be down near the Fener ice cream hut. Next year you should try Cafe Leon's carrot cake and White Table's cheesecake....if you haven't already :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 09:53:57 PM »
Oh yeh  !! Daft Punk certainly seemed to be the record playing this year.....When I went to Fener for my ice cream he said "Would you like crushed nuts" ..I said "No just an ice cream please" ;D >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 03:24:49 PM »
What with reading Antler's great reports it has spurred me into action to finish my holiday report. Well with 4 boat trips, beach clubs and Patara beach the rest of our stay was spent based at our villa. It was such a lovely villa with a huge pool that it was just wonderful to be able to really chill out, read and drift off when it all got to much! Even better knowing that cold drinks are on hand a few steps away.

On a couple of these days myself and my OH would wonder off to explore the surrounding area. On one of the trips we turned right on the service road so that we were heading towards Patara prince resort. We were able to walk all the way to Kalkan Beach Club. We really didn't rush as it's impossible in that heat, but it took us a bout half an hour. It was great to be able to see all the other villas and get an idea about Kisla area. For information for anyone staying in Komurluk area there is a small supermarket just up a small hill past the entrance to Patara Prince resort. If we ran out of milk we found it quicker to go there than into town.

By the time we got to Kalkan Beach club it was time for a well earned drink. It was about 10.30 so people were arriving for the day. We then took one of the lower roads back and stopped in at the Mahal beach club to look around. They were more than happy for us to just sit and have a drink. Bit cheeky I know but we then jumped onto the beach club boat which took us back to the harbour where we sat in Feners and sampled another great ice-cream all washed down with an Efes  :) By the time we walked back up to the taxi rank we needed another drink before heading back to the villa for a cool  dip in the pool.

On another trip we walked down to the harbour along the coast path. Not sure if I have mentioned this path, but basically alot of steps down towards Palm Beach Club and then a rough path. Ok with decent foot wear. Had the obligatory stop for a fener's ice cream and then carried on round the harbour and just kept going. We eventually came to Carretta Beach Club. You dont seem to hear much about this one, but it did look very nice. It's either 10TL for sun beds and boat or free if you have lunch. We sat and had a drink before once again taking advantage of the boat that was going back to the harbour! It was actually nice to look out and see Kalkan from a different view point. In fact we were right opposite Komurluk and could just make out our villa. Because we had been out quite a while it was nearly lunch time so we took 2 cooked chickens back. Have to say they were really tasty!

Another time we went to have a look round Patara Prince Beach club. All I will say is that make sure you go by boat and not on foot! Ok going down but going back up was a whole new ball game. When it comes to walking I would consider myself quite fit, but that was tough in the heat. We didn't have a drink as they were charging 12TL (maybe there was a cheaper bar but we didn't find it) but believe me by the time we got to the top I would have paid double that for a cold drink. My warm water just wasn't doing it!

All in all my days spent doing nothing so to speak were some of my favourites. Where else could you walk, jump on a boat, sit having a drink looking out at the most fabulous views and all within easy reach of our wonderful villa  :)

Well that just about finishes my holiday reports. Sorry if I waffled, but I did warn you. ;)
I need some tutorials from Antler then next time I could bring it to life with pictures and videos!

Well in 2 hours time I'm off for a mad weekend at Bestival (music festival) here on the IOW.  Can't believe the weather is going to change. Its glorious at the moment, but rain is on its way, so I have my wellies at the ready. Its such a shame as waterproofs are not going to enhance my fancy dress  costumes! Oh well guess I'll be wet on the outside as well as the inside! :laugh:

Kalkan....would I go again? .......Most definitely.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 04:04:37 PM »
Lovel reports suzyq1. It was so nice to meet you and your family, especially on the high seas! What a coincidence that was. Hope you make it to Kalkan again and glad you had a fab holiday. Enjoy bestival and don't get too soaked.  :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:58:56 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2013, 07:17:53 PM »
Blimey smashing reports SuzyQ, no way will I be able to match those when we go in October. You've certainly filled your days.one question, why go Yarmouth to Lymington? Wouldn't Fishbourne to Portsmouth be easier for Gatwick? Didn't know you were just over the water from us.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 09:43:57 PM »
Oh suzyq1, just loved this final holiday report. I was walking with you on your jaunts there... All routes we've undertaken with great gusto over the years :) it's the best way to discover Kalkan.
So pleased it lived up to your expectations and you would return. Thanks for taking time to post  :)

Offline cptergun

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
    • boattripturkey.com
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2013, 11:17:13 PM »
Hi Suzyq1,

Thanks so much for your review because it provides other members of the EK community to enjoy experiences such as you. We thoroughly enjoyed providing your tour and know that you and yours have become ambassadors of Kalkan and Kas your experiences back home. Send them to Kas and Kalkan and spread the word! :)
Thank you again and I wish you safe and pleasant journeys for years to come.
All the best
Cpt.Ergun& Merve
Kas, Kalkan and Kekova’s premier daily boat trip & gulet charter operator in Turkey.
         www.boattripturkey.com

No1 Things to do In Kas on Tripadvisor

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Harbour

Views: 2915
By: LancashireLass
Kalkan 1996