Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Yellow Peril  (Read 11088 times)

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
Re: The Yellow Peril
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2013, 01:30:34 PM »
Irene where exactly is the laundry in Akbel?  Thanks :)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 12:07:18 PM »
I would be interested to know, MartynE if the yellow stains appear more according to the age group of guests.  For example is it worse when you have teenage girls in the group or young women?   Or are most people using suntan lotion that stains?  At least now you are on the premises you are in a position to see what is happening

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 01:40:33 PM »
No, it's all ages... it just depends on which suntan products they are using... although its probably true that younger people are more influenced by their peers who rave about the once-a-day stuff in magazine articles etc. 

Had one apartment last week with a family of four; middle aged parents and teenage boy and girl. Every single towel, sheet and pillowcase in that apartment was covered in yellow stains and they were all using Asda once-a-day sun lotion. Apparently it contains the same chemical as p20.

We have been advised that the only way to deal with it is to wash the items completely in Vanish, and never bleach them. Have yet to try that (it's an expensive strategy) but will report back ASAP.

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 01:47:22 PM »
Charlie - apologies, only just saw your question.   Our laundry was collected and delivered back to us, so not sure, but it was recommended to us by the large fabric shop/curtain makers in Akbel, if you go in there I am sure they would direct you.

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013, 10:54:14 PM »
I've been told to spray them with WD40! Then wash. Apparently this works but I haven't tried it. Maybe you could try it on one or two and report back the results. L

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2013, 11:55:27 PM »
my sun protection this year was a 'dry' 8hr spray from boots.. dry it was not!! and whilst the 1st coat was still drying I couldn't resist the blue water hammock that was calling my name from the pool.. swam to and mounted the hammock for half an hour, then capsized and swam off for the essential cold Efes break, leaving behind a water hammock that was now mainly green! hate to think what it would have done to a white sheet or towel... 8) 8)
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 08:52:49 AM »
Lilly, the WD40 idea sounds crazy... so it just might work! Not sure whether we can bring ourselves to actually try it, however ;)

The problem is trying to launder the linen when some items are stained (and therefore need special treatment) but those that aren't can go straight into the normal wash. Just the sorting takes ages  :-\

Stuart... QED! Clearly "dry" and "waterproof" are interesting concepts in marketing.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2013, 06:33:01 PM »
I thought WD 40 was oil....but as you say anything is worth a try! Now does anyone have any tips for getting fake tan out of carpets. We recently replaced the carpet in our 21 year old's....it was disgusting due to her sitting on the floor to put make on!! Now with the craze for Akers tan I have noticed a nice patch on the we cream carpet.....to be fair I think it may have been a friend! Personally I blame TOWIE.....why they all have to go out looking tangoed is beyond me!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2013, 07:02:21 PM »
WD 40 is oil based....it is what I use on my knees and elbows....i can climb Kalkans hills and bring beer to my lips :laugh:
can't see how it would lift stains in cloth?..but saying that didn't granny used to rub margarine on stains before washing and stuffing things through the mangle? clean clothes but smelt like a sarnie ::)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2013, 10:32:41 PM »
Thank you Irene. C  :)

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2013, 01:03:32 AM »
I thought WD 40 was oil....but as you say anything is worth a try! Now does anyone have any tips for getting fake tan out of carpets. We recently replaced the carpet in our 21 year old's....it was disgusting due to her sitting on the floor to put make on!! Now with the craze for Akers tan I have noticed a nice patch on the we cream carpet.....to be fair I think it may have been a friend! Personally I blame TOWIE.....why they all have to go out looking tangoed is beyond me!  :laugh: :laugh:

have you thought of buying an orange carpet... ;D

Offline Chris S

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2013, 10:54:50 AM »
Thought this might be of interest, from the P20 web site :-

Like many other sun protection products, P20 may stain fabrics. This is due to the nature of the UV filters used to provide a high level of protection. To help prevent this happening, wash your hands thoroughly with soap after application and avoid contact with fabrics e.g. clothing, towels etc. before the sun protection product is fully dried.

Tests have shown that washing clothing at a cool temperature to help remove stains is more effective than a high temperature wash. Do not tumble dry whilst any trace of the stain remains. Dry cleaning has also proved to be very effective, but check care instructions on the garment first.

We have found that stains can be removed by following these washing instructions:

Treat the stains with a commercial stain remover (we recommend liquid Vanish Oxi Action). For best result use the recommended maximum treatment time and put the clothing in a plastic bag while it soaks so the stain remover doesn't dry.
Wash the item with an ordinary detergent plus fabric softener following the instructions for both products.
Repeat the treatment if necessary
Do not use any form of chlorine or bleach, as it may turn the stains pink.
To achieve the best results, treat the item as soon as possible after staining occurs.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2013, 12:24:57 PM »
Yep, tried all that.

Nope :(

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2013, 06:21:53 PM »
I have just read an article on BBC News South East Wales (someone alerted me to the article).   It seems quite a few students in Cardiff are staining mattresses and mattress covers so much they are having to be thrown out.   Turns out fake tanning products are causing the problem.   The article appeared today 1st September if you want to look it up.  So Yellow Peril is not only in Kalkan but Cardiff too.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2013, 07:43:50 PM »
Why not supply yellow sheets  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2013, 08:03:53 PM »
Why not supply yellow sheets  :laugh: :laugh:

Yet another "useful" post, Thanks Misty!
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2013, 08:07:16 PM »
You're more than welcome.....

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2013, 08:25:11 PM »
You're more than welcome.....
Thought I would be.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

DSCF0331.JPG

Views: 3141
By: fidimax
Yali Beach Club