Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Our wonderful BT  (Read 2638 times)

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Our wonderful BT
« on: July 18, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »
An email I wrote to BT this morning (self explanatory). Might give you a giggle :

Dear BT

I have received an online bill for the advance redirection of the above line, despite no longer having a UK line to redirect it to. As you know, I cancelled my BT account about three months ago, so it was a bit of a shock to receive this latest bill.

I know this is probably a bit complicated for you lot to understand but WE HAVE LEFT THE UK. 

You charged me an arm and a leg to cancel my BT services, when I really wanted to take advantage of your "moving home" service... but we did not have a new UK address to transfer the services to. Fair enough... I accept that your engineers would have a tough time with accounts if they put the flights on their expenses (although we'd have a nice cold Efes waiting for them if they did, AND they'd be welcome to have a dip in the pool before they left)...

Anyway... effectively, you made me close my account. And charged me handsomely for the privilege. Now, it seems, you want to charge me again.... to redirect calls from my old line to the number you told me I can't have anymore, because you can't transfer it to Turkey.

I think that for having your cake and eating it, that takes the biscuit. Don't you?

Mind you, if you CAN now arrange for my calls to be directed to my TTNET home telephone line in Turkey, I'll not only pay this bill but I will write very nice things about you in my blog. Now that's something you don't hear very often, isn't it?

That said, I'll willingly settle for you cancelling this ridiculous charge to my closed account and we'll forget all about it.

Does that sound fair?

Yes, I thought so too.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11341.0
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:43:54 AM by MartynE »

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
Re: Our wonderful BT
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 09:43:59 AM »
Ho Ho Well said ;D ;D ;D  No phone (but broadband) for two weeks, BT kept fobbing me off, saying it was my faulty equipment (phones, not me >:D), funny 50% of the village had no phone lines as well!!!!!!  Now having to fight for compensation!!!!     What a shower they are  ::) ::) ::)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 10:36:17 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
They might be bad but not as bad as Talk Talk.....take my word for it!  ::)

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 10:59:23 AM »
when we first had our property here bt used to transfer all our calls to our turkish land line when we were here. they stopped offering the service about 4 years ago. very frustrating! as we still have the "call divert " at home we will often divert to our english mobile if we need to. very expensive to receive but usually let the calls come in  without answering them then pick up the number and ring back from our turkish land line. hopes that makes sense martin.  :) (laureens friend)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 11:03:39 AM »
Here, here babs. Don't get me started on the utility companies, British gas you know who you are  :o, ring with a query get passed on to what feels like half the call centre people who just never seem to have the answers, obviously many just reading from an instruction card. Please, please people train your poor staff. We try not to get stroppy with them as they're only as good as their training, but gawd it's difficult. My hubby even had difficulty trying to get sense and he's worked for twelve years for the inland revenue  >:D  main complaints department so you can just imagine he's dealt with all sorts, so if he can't get a simple result from  them then what chance for the rest of us  ::)

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 11:55:47 AM »
when we first had our property here bt used to transfer all our calls to our turkish land line when we were here. they stopped offering the service about 4 years ago. very frustrating! as we still have the "call divert " at home we will often divert to our english mobile if we need to. very expensive to receive but usually let the calls come in  without answering them then pick up the number and ring back from our turkish land line. hopes that makes sense martin.  :) (laureens friend)

No, it's ok, I'm really not bothered about the redirection. It's just that the idiots are trying to charge me for a service that they said I can't have. I think it's hilarious! Total incompetence.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 12:00:22 PM »
You must read the book 'Dear Coca Cola'. It's really funny, with customer services of different companies being given the run around by the author.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 12:20:30 PM »
Ah yes, and "The Timewaster Letters" is a good read too!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 05:46:54 PM »
My job in UK is dealing with multiple Telcos , I often have to sort out problems where faults are spread across multiple Telco exchanges , now you know why , although only being 30 years old( I wish)  I look 60 ,and why  I need my Kalkan fix so often . help - heart palpitations coming on right now as  I pen this post -- feel faint -- Kalkan  withdrawal symptoms  becoming life threatening -  I need my Kalkan fix right now , I need my Kalkan fix, I  need my kalkan  fix

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 11:32:51 PM »
Brian jp, I have been having similar Kalkan withdrawal symptoms, including smiling like a madwoman at total strangers and the urge to call merhaba,  rearrangimg my vast flip-flop collection,  terrifying nightmares that Kalkan has permanently run out of Efes. Mind you this boiling weather helps as I can shut my eyes and transport  myself to  our little piece of heaven by the sea, never mind five more weeks and the symptoms will disappear like magic. ;D

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 05:28:21 PM »
Clara 50:   So unfair of you to point out your worst ever nightmare, "  running out of EFES" . life threatening nightmare indeed, I cannot beat that one  ha ha

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Have a truly wonderful marriage

Started by Wally on The Everything Else Area!

0 Replies
Last post April 28, 2011, 08:01:12 PM
by Wally
thumbup
Just Back from Wonderful Kalkan

Started by Leigh on Holiday Reports and Reviews

3 Replies
Last post August 18, 2009, 08:33:31 PM
by Chucky
xx
Newbie to your wonderful site

Started by Dorby Perry on Introduce Yourself

3 Replies
Last post January 26, 2010, 07:24:20 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
smiley
A wonderful time had by all (I hope)

Started by sharkay62 on Introduce Yourself

0 Replies
Last post October 06, 2011, 02:17:25 PM
by sharkay62

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Pasha Hotel

Views: 4453
By: Mrs Gannet
EK 70s Night