Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Busy ??  (Read 3429 times)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Busy ??
« on: July 03, 2013, 01:26:32 PM »
We normally have our first fortnight this time of the year but decided to economise this year and go for eighteen nights in august instead. Just out of curiousity wondered how busy it is at the moment, seen a few people wandering about on the webcam more of course in the evenings. Last year and the year before we found it a little quieter than previous years especially during the day and a few bar owners said the same that they were finding it a little harder, especially it seemed towards the top of the village, which seemed a shame. It did liven up in the evenings as usual and the restaurants down toward the harbour were pretty lively. Really missing not being there this time of year, when the weather is lovely and hot but sometimes not as unbearable as later on and all the beautiful bouganvillea out in full bloom.  You lucky fellas there now, keep the reports coming, brightens up an overcast day here in the UK  8)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11269.0

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Busy ??
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 05:36:15 PM »
Bit off topic (sorry), but we were just looking at the photos on KTLN of the Festival of The Sea on 1st July, the water looks so beautiful and crystal clear.  Wish we were there too clara 50!

Jayne

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 06:41:05 PM »
clara 50, I thought June was a bit quieter than previous years - I don't know if it's any indication of how it might be later on in the season. Early on in June some bar and restaurant owners kept asking " where is everyone?".
Except in Moonlight where we'd point out to Mhuttin if it seemed quiet and he would always say "changeover day"  ::).....that applied to any given day the "slope seats" weren't occupied :laugh:
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 09:13:18 PM »
We tend to have that reply from Mhuttin if we comment on it being a bit quieter than usual,. guess he's just trying to be optomisitic. Hope they all have a good season this year even though the financial climate's pretty tough yet again this year, they work so hard and seem so proud of their business, they deserve a bit of luck.

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 09:22:30 PM »
Jayne I totally agree the sea is wonderful. The first time we ever had a drive out to Kas, we were totally gobsmacked at the absolute beauty of the views looking down across the crystal water, so breathtaking it actually made me well-up and I'm not ashamed to say after umpteen drives out there it can still have that effect on me and I suspect it always will  :'( lol !!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 09:45:17 PM »
Clara, you are so right! The first time we went to Kalkan, we did a day trip from Olu Deniz as we had seen Kalkan on a TV programme and wanted to see it for ourselves, and we went on the Kas road to see the views, not even knowing at the time how beautiful Kas is, we turned round because it was getting dark probably just past Adem's Restaurant, as we knew we had to go back to Olu Deniz and was unsure about driving back in the dark. Little did we know then that Kalkan would be our jewel in the crown!

Jayne

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 09:40:41 AM »
Sounds a bit like the UK at the moment - alas will not be getting my Kalkan fix this year  :'( :'( :'( :'(    First time for many years. Put simply, just cannot afford it and the same goes for my colleague as well.  Very sad :'( :'( :'(

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 10:14:55 AM »
Sorry you're not having your fix this year. We usually are greedy and have two fortnights but have had to cut back to one holiday this year and to be honest with things getting so expensive and no pay rise for OH again, wondered if we were still being frivolous. Since booking everything, unfortunately my son has lost his job and has had to come back home to live so the coffers have to stretch even further.  ÒH still determined to go, his favourite phrases are, "You're a long time dead"and "You never knows what's around the corner" and I suppose he's right, so anyway have to cut back on the eating out this year etc but as long as we're there that's all that matters. Hope you and your friend will make it next year, sounds like you're as hooked as us!

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 10:44:42 AM »
This is our third week here - 1st 2 weeks were pretty quiet (ish) but have to say a lot more people are here this week and have noticed the restaurants filling up more Mussakka has been packed out every night this week as have the other faves Gourmet, kalamaki, aubergine and coast (seems to be very busy this year). lots more people walking around at night, hotel a lot busier and have to say the festival of the sea was lovely to watch again this year, I love how the little turkish kids are sooooo proud to get their medals and walk around with them on their necks for days after - wonderful. I LOVE kalkan more every visit.

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 11:36:01 AM »
Never experienced the Festival of sea, sounds wonderful especially the little nippers. Hopefully we'll be lucky to see it in the future.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
How busy and how hot?

Started by clara 50 on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post June 27, 2012, 03:56:57 PM
by chrissy1
xx
How busy is Kalkan in August?

Started by popps on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post June 15, 2009, 02:37:39 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Is Kalkan less busy this week?

Started by Alfaman on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post September 08, 2010, 01:14:25 PM
by Legionaire
xx
How busy is Kalkan at the moment?

Started by clara 50 on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post August 17, 2011, 12:38:16 PM
by clara 50

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal