Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: ordering online for delivery to Kalkan  (Read 2248 times)

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
ordering online for delivery to Kalkan
« on: June 23, 2013, 01:56:58 PM »
Has anybody any experience of ordering online (e.g. from the NEXT turkish site) for delivery to their apartment/villa? any info would be appreciated.  8)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11214.0
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
Re: ordering online for delivery to Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 09:28:09 AM »
I don't think any restaurants offer online ordering but many will deliver.  To make their job much easier and your food arrive hotter, owners and guests might wish to use the new Kalkan town location code for their villa.  This search facility gives the location codes for every Kalkan villa and business.  http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/kalkan-news/300409-the-kalkan-town-location-code-ktlc-just-got-better The search feature can be found in the upper right-hand corner of KTLN.

Giving this code for deliveries -- groceries, restaurants, taxis, guests -- will make it ever so much easier than telling them "The house is near xxxx, 2 houses to the right, 1 house in back", etc.   Last year we came across a 'lost' woman walking up and down hills, sobbing, 2 bags of heavy groceries in hand, unable to find the villa where she was staying.  That owner did not give them the house code.  She had walked downhill to the supermarket but didn't remember exactly how to return.

It will also help the Jandarm to arrive faster if you are unlucky enough to have to call them.  The Jandarm also have a system with an individual villa code, but not all villa owners have filled out the Jandarm's form, therefore, are not in their database.  Villa owners, hint, hint !
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 09:37:57 AM »
I don't think any restaurants offer online ordering but many will deliver.  To make their job much easier and your food arrive hotter, owners and guests might wish to use the new Kalkan town location code for their villa.  This search facility gives the location codes for every Kalkan villa and business.  http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/kalkan-news/300409-the-kalkan-town-location-code-ktlc-just-got-better The search feature can be found in the upper right-hand corner of KTLN.

Giving this code for deliveries -- groceries, restaurants, taxis, guests -- will make it ever so much easier than telling them "The house is near xxxx, 2 houses to the right, 1 house in back", etc.   Last year we came across a 'lost' woman walking up and down hills, sobbing, 2 bags of heavy groceries in hand, unable to find the villa where she was staying.  That owner did not give them the house code.  She had walked downhill to the supermarket but didn't remember exactly how to return.

It will also help the Jandarm to arrive faster if you are unlucky enough to have to call them.  The Jandarm also have a system with an individual villa code, but not all villa owners have filled out the Jandarm's form, therefore, are not in their database.  Villa owners, hint, hint !

Yep it's a fantastic development and I know John  has put a huge amount of work into getting it up and running. Definitely worth EVERYONE who owns a property or business in Kalkan to get it listed sio they can give the code to everyone who wants to find them. In fact I think it's worth a new thread!

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 10:06:04 AM »
Has anybody any experience of ordering online (e.g. from the NEXT turkish site) for delivery to their apartment/villa? any info would be appreciated.  8)

We have ordered from IKEA, via Ergun at Need Construction... we ordered various items of furniture from the Turkish IKEA site that we cross-checked against the equivalent items on teh UK site to make sure we were odering the right stuff. Basically for a fee of 15%, Ergun will submit the order and arrange delivery to his warehouse (the delivery charge is extra) and when it has all arrived he will arrange for one of his guys to come to your property with the whole order - and put it all together! As someone who prefers GSI to DIY everytime, that suited me down to the ground.

As usual here, delivery times can be a bit...err...flexible ;) ... but the system does work and we personally think 15% on top is actually a price well worth paying if you take into account the whole time-is-money thing as regards putting it all together ;)

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 03:34:28 PM »
IKEA and Koctas, as well as many other businesses, now ship direct.  You can order on their respective websites.  We bought entire bathroom cabinets w/mirrors and sinks online.  Shipped to us in 3 days.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
What you think for Pizza Delivery in Kalkan?

Started by friends on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post May 10, 2008, 08:07:52 PM
by Hoca
cheesy
Very excited to join this fab online Kalkan community

Started by beachmeup on Introduce Yourself

13 Replies
Last post August 22, 2010, 02:47:17 PM
by clara 50
recycled
Ice delivery

Started by xicede on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post April 27, 2010, 08:22:55 AM
by Will
xx
Bread Delivery

Started by Griffo63 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post February 02, 2014, 11:16:37 AM
by headroom

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal