Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Licencing Laws  (Read 3551 times)

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
Licencing Laws
« on: June 16, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »
Have just been reading on KTLN the breakdown on the new law that has been passed.   Not sure I understand one part regarding no alchohol to be sold on main road outlets ???    Does that mean no longer the first Efes break en route from Dalaman to Kalkan.  ??? ??? ??? To me, that is the START of my holiday, looking forward, on the flight, to that first cold drink and toasting our arrival to lovely Turkey again ;D ;D ;D

Also, no smoking in cars ??? ??? ??? ???    Bad girl that I am, I really need a "ciggy" to calm my nerves when tackling roads/drivers in my hire car/jeep. >:D >:D >:D >:D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11179.0

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Licencing Laws
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 10:33:23 AM »
I've just been reading the posts on the Kas Trip Advisor Forum - which are a bit worrying. I think there is some confusion between the recent law about retail alcohol sales after 10pm, a ruling about alcohol sales within a certain distance from mosques and schools, and any temporary ban re sales of alcohol on beaches/beach clubs that may have resulted from nearby demonstrations. I wonder if any experts out there in the field could clarify? No such ruling seems to have impacted on KK yet according to friends there.

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 11:35:10 AM »
From what I understand the petrol station with the pool on the way from Dalaman to Kalkan will no longer be able to serve alcohol. As I believe that petrol stations are no longer allowed to sell alcohol.

The laws in the supermarkets are pretty similar to that of the ones on the UK no alcohol sales after 10pm. So no more eating out at the restaurants and picking up some Efes/Wine with a late night grocery shop en route back to apartments/villas.

As for everything else I'm just as confused. I'm not going to get on my soapbox as I did yesterday on the KTLN Facebook page but I think it's all very very worrying for the future of the Turkish 'democracy' and I worry for our Turkish friends.

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 11:41:46 AM »
Agent Ottoman, I agree with you re. your comments, let us hope this is just a "hiccup", and nothing more sinister :'( :'( :'(

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 07:47:37 PM »
Hi agent ottoman, I read your comments on Facebook and I agree wholeheartedly with you.  :)

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 07:53:44 PM »
Oh god... I got a bit het up didn't I!  :-[ Just feel passionately about it and felt a little miffed that it was being addressed as if I wanted 24hour drinking! If I wanted a 24 hour drink/party destination I wouldn't love Kalkan so much.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 08:04:11 PM »
No you were fine and stated your views very eloquently. Such a shame about the beach clubs in Kas, as mentioned in another thread. I'm not a lush either, but will so miss that first Efes at the petrol station and I can't image not drinking a glass of wine or a G&T as the sun sets by the sea.  :(

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 08:25:40 PM »
We can only hope that Gül wakes up and realises the implications of these actions. It was only recently that Moody increased Turkey's credit rating to BAA which is only two grades behind the UK. In 2011 Turkey made over £31 million from tourism so I can only presume this has helped the country's position with regards to credit rating.

It wouldn't be foolish to presume these new laws could have a huge affect on the numbers of tourists entering the country etc, not because people want to drink 24 hrs a day but because of worries that the country is becoming more religiously ruled.

The numbers of businesses that will suffer from this will be huge. Which is very sad and upsetting.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 08:28:44 PM »
Hear hear!!

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 09:00:39 PM »
My reading of the Kas posts is that all the beach clubs in Kas are owned by the municipality so the council can ban the sale of alcohol. I think most of the Kalkan beach clubs are privately owned so this doesn't apply.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 09:26:46 PM »
Thanks kalkan regular, that's reassuring  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 07:36:11 PM »
Just to put your minds at rest, we spent the day at Palm today and the alcohol was flowing freely......including my Cocktail Hour mojitos I'm glad to say :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 08:47:57 PM »
Sounds good to me K4E!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 12:49:24 PM »
Oh, we love having our first and last Efes in the garage, it's the start of our holiday when we know we've arrived. What about the little cafe's/shops at the side of the road that sell booze will they get clobbered too, they don't seem to do a great deal of trade as it is. My OH will be disappointed he loves his garage Efes stop, it's sort of tradition don't think cola will give it the same atmosphere. How sad are we!!

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 04:17:14 PM »
The question has been asked on Trip Advisor.....does anyone know if the duty free at Dalaman on arrival & departure will be unable to sell alcohol after 10pm?

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 04:55:54 PM »
Also interesting to note that it will be illegal to sell alcohol to under 18s....maybe it always was but certainly hasn't been enforced up to now? Will certainly stop some of the revelling by teenagers.......

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
new alcohol laws.

Started by clara 50 on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post July 03, 2013, 09:27:33 AM
by clara 50
xx
New Customs Laws

Started by misty on The Everything Else Area!

4 Replies
Last post August 22, 2009, 05:10:42 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
New rental laws

Started by DRBD on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post October 29, 2016, 08:44:27 PM
by Little Missy
xx
Planning Laws Enforced in Turkey

Started by kevincat99 on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post April 22, 2011, 05:02:00 PM
by kevincat99

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal