Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Accommodation help please  (Read 3523 times)

Offline wiseyorky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Accommodation help please
« on: June 09, 2013, 03:38:52 PM »
Hello all, we are visiting Kalkan for the first time at the end of the month and have booked a private villa in the Club Patara Resort just outside Kalkan. I have recently read some bad reports about club patara on tripadvisor and wondered if anyone has stayed there or got accommodation there as we are abit worried.......

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11148.0

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Re: Accommodation help please
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 07:29:32 AM »
We have a villa at Patara Prince, have owned it for the last 8 years and I can reassure you that you will love it. The hotel has had a lot of bad press especially on Trip Advisor but this year  they have been trying to address this.

The villas are completely separate from the hotel . You will love the position, with uninterrupted views across the bay, the landscaping is stunning, there is nowhere else quite like it.

I hate Trip Advisor with a passion, people only really write negative reports if they have some gripe and no two people are the same. I know a few years ago Patara Prince took them to court and won regarding comments about a brothel being run on site. Completely untrue, it was posted by a guest who had a grudge, so take very little notice of the reviews.

We have repeat guests who stay year after year so something must be bringing them back.
You will enjoy every minute of your stay there.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 09:38:35 AM »
Even  though I am no longer an owner at Club Patara, there is no problem with the private villas.  As MSR said, they have lovely views, lovely gardens and landscaping and big pools.  It is the hotel and management-run small timeshare units that are not maintained.  This is why we sold ours.  But there are many private owners of villas within the complex and those units are looked after by their owners as any other personal home would be.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 12:43:31 PM »
I can only second what the others say. Patara Prince is a beautiful resort with some stunning villas. We also own there and always have nothing but relaxing holidays when we go over. :). Try not to worry.

Offline wiseyorky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 04:13:49 PM »
Thanks for the replies....feel alot happier now  :)

Offline suziq

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 06:24:42 PM »
We are not owners and have not stayed at the Hotel but did use the pool and Turkish baths as a day guest several times last year. The pools were exceptionally clean, the views were to die for and the gardens were amazing - especially in May when the bourginvaille was in flower. We also loved the Turkish bath - not the poshest in town but the treatments we had and the therapists were excellent. Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 06:43:42 PM »
I can second that, whilst the Spa at Patara Prince may not be the poshest the staff are really great at what they do which ultimately is more important in my view :)

Offline wiseyorky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 07:14:17 PM »
Thankyou for your replies-- has anyone had any problems with Lack of Dolmus transport. We have been to Turkey lots of time and have always travelled by Dolmus. What my slight concern is the hills and "teenagers"--say no more. Appreciate your replies. ;)

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 07:32:44 AM »
You will have no difficulty walking into Kalkan from Patara Prince, there is an unmade up road, really more of a wide track that runs all the way into Kalkan under the D400. It is a flat walk in and downhill once you reach Kalkan. We also walk back, once out of Kalkan(uphill) it is again a flat walk back.  Your only other option at night is a taxi, unfortunately there is no dolmus that regularly does that route.  Patara run a shuttle boat both ways during the day but only across at night and the last boat is about 7.00pm.

The good thing about walking both ways is that the money saved over a 2 week period is enough for a good few meals. Worth thinking about. When my boys were teenagers we always walked, occasionally to some grumbling, but now in their 20's I am glad to say this habit has stuck.

It is hot in the middle of summer but the views are fantastic and there is nearly always a breeze as you are high up. You don't have to be super fit either. That said very few people seem to walk, we often have the path to ourselves both ways.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 09:17:02 AM »
You might need a little torch if you are walking back late at night as the service road hasn't been concreted yet and is quite uneven under foot. It's also dusty so you might want to try it out during the day and judge for yourselves if you are happy to wear your best sandals.....I personally wouldn't. It's not a difficult walk, even with teenagers as its fairly flat most of the way.....coming out of komurluk is probably the only place they'll moan.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Accommodation

Started by flower96 on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post August 11, 2010, 01:42:26 PM
by Bdancer
xx
Accommodation Help!!!

Started by sarahxxx on Accommodation and Hotels

9 Replies
Last post April 19, 2009, 07:53:17 PM
by wilma
xx
Looking for accommodation for 4 (bonus 6)

Started by xicede on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post April 16, 2010, 05:34:29 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
accommodation for summer.

Started by emmaw on Accommodation and Hotels

9 Replies
Last post January 26, 2011, 03:26:51 PM
by fidimax

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Smile 1992

Views: 2997
By: hobbo
Need I say?