Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: BURGLARIES  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Hannah Smith

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
BURGLARIES
« on: June 05, 2013, 10:38:15 AM »
This Morning at 530am our neighbours in Kisla were awoken by 3 intruders. Fortunately no one was harmed and nothing stolen. So beware. We are near Tempa supermarket.
Keep all windows and doors locked

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11124.0

Offline derek364

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
Re: BURGLARIES
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 10:16:50 AM »
Our villa was also broken into that night, the thieves were chased off by our guests. There was also one other break in nearby. Both Villas near Bob's Café in Kisla. We are back in Kalkan at the end of June and will look at having a burglar alarm fitted. Could anyone recommend a local firm and approximate cost. Thanks.

Offline ak1945

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 12:03:02 PM »
So glad that no-one got hurt. Did anyone manage to take photo's? So much easier to do with smart phones. Scary though.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 12:48:43 PM »
Hi Derek,
Very sorry to hear about the break in at your villa.  We took a wireless alarm out with us about 5 years ago and it is working well however my friend just had one fitted to her villa by Recep who works in the computer shop/internet cafe on the first floor of the old Belediye Building. She was very pleased with the workmanship and the cost was 950TL.  As soon as there is a fault in ours I'll be calling Recep.   

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 01:00:41 PM »
Try www.maplin.co.uk they do a comprehensive wireless system operated by key fobs ....£119 inc free del might be worth buying and taking out with you ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline derek364

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 02:56:54 PM »
Thanks for the information. Neither option seems that expensive and well worth it for peace of mind so will have to think about which one to choose.

Don't think they took any photo's; they were woken at 4.00 am.

Thanks again.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 04:15:20 PM »
We did as BL suggests and took one out that cost about £130 - as I say it has been fine.  However to have the back up of someone local who can be there should any problems arise is key for me.  We've had a few little problems with ours and personally next time I will go for the local option.  The other thing to bear in mind is the one you carry out more than likely (at that price) won't have a continuous flashing light but the one supplied by Recep does therefore it is visible to all that it is an active alarm.  Many villa owners have dummy units fitted as a deterrent and I guess most of these burglars aren't easily fooled any more. Peace of mind for you and your guests for just over £300 - can't be bad to it.......and forgot to say the price includes full installation.  :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 05:30:41 PM »
I am involved in this industry via my job...An alarms prime objective is to make noise as that is what Intruders don't like, secondly comes response..any alarm system no matter how expensive is only as good as the response it receives.Certainly in the UK many private homes and companys don't receive the cover they are paying for whether it be response by a monitoring company  or a monitoring company that contacts a key holder simply by over subscribing or contracting out to other companys who shall we say are not as efficient as they should be but are cheap. Certainly in the UK after a few "false" activations the police will not attend and inform you by letter you are suspended for a period of time...I would say that your management company might be willing to act as the responder and cost for it accordingly although it's perfectly understandable that they won't want to put themselves at risk turning up in the small hours not knowing what to expect. We have had everything from Burglars to Lead thieves to drug crazed loonies but the majority are false alarms.Many alarm systems allow you set to the volume and indeed the length of time that the alarm sounds, they can also be set contact you on your mobile..fine if you are in kalkan but the more systems that are installed the more false alarms will occur...thus starting off the noise debate again!... Saying that Kalkan still feels safer than most of the UK which is poor consolation i know for those that have suffered from these intrusions into life and space. Whatever you decide I would say that handbags, wallets, jewellery and passports etc should be in the bedroom at night locked in with you from the inside ...no one likes this but it's the world we live in i'm afraid.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 06:04:03 PM by blue lizard »

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 10:26:37 PM »
Re photos, we purchased a Foscam CCTV unit that works with wireless ADSL and is motion activated.  It also has infrared so can take pics in the dark.  although we have not been burgled, we know the weak point where someone would enter so have the camera trained on that spot.  We also have it set up so we can see the pics on the internet even outside of Turkey.  Cost was around 60 pounds.  Photos help the Jandarm or police to get a conviction.  Too many thieves are caught then let go as the goods are no longer around, therefore no proof.  CCTV cameras don't lie.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Burglaries

Started by alantj on General Discussion

84 Replies
Last post July 18, 2009, 09:47:10 AM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
BURGLARIES

Started by Stanley on General Discussion

15 Replies
Last post February 08, 2011, 08:07:31 PM
by GARDENIA PAT
xx
More Burglaries

Started by soprano on General Discussion

42 Replies
Last post August 14, 2012, 02:18:42 PM
by davenottm
xx
Burglaries

Started by anne41 on General Discussion

15 Replies
Last post September 23, 2012, 01:58:51 PM
by TalkTalk

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Saklient

Views: 5027
By: misty
Kalkan cat