Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Help with back problem  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Paulgee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Help with back problem
« on: August 04, 2013, 09:09:37 AM »
HI, i'm currenty in kalkan and was having a wonderful time with my wife and 2 kids until my back went. Basically, i' m really strugling to walk any distance and in agony as back goes in to spasm. Just over a week left and need to get mobile asap. Does anyone know of any reliable person that may be able to help?

Totally fallen in love with kalkan after visiting for the first time last year and gutted that my situation has put a dampner on our holiday.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks, Paul.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11442.0

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
Re: Help with back problem
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 09:33:01 AM »
Sent you some PMs, Paul.
Cheers,
Steve

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 11:24:13 AM »
Urgh, that must be horrible.

If you can get to the medical centre on Kalamar Road tomorrow, ask to see Dr Cem Tolunay (he speaks good English) and should be able to help you. Or you might even be able to get some muscle relaxants over the counter from the pharmacist opposite the medical centre - he also speaks good English. Think they might be open on Sunday.

Offline Paulgee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 11:52:53 AM »
Thanks for your help guys. My wife is at pharmacy this afternoon. Hopefully they can help. If not better by tomorrow, will give the medical centre a try.  To be honest, i will try anything!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 08:56:47 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Paulgee. So sorry to hear about you back problem. My BH arrived in Kalkan early on in June with a bad back and we were given some great stuff by the pharmacist opposite Parc Kalkan. A cream for muscle relaxant and a gel for the pain - he was as right as rain after 4 days. The pharmacist offered pills initially but as they were not to be mixed with alcohol BH didn't want them :P they would have alleviated the problem quicker, but the cream/gel combo did the trick. I would only go to the Medical Centre if the pharmacy can't help as its not cheap :(
Hope you are feeling better soon and can get back to enjoying Kalkan
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 02:41:51 PM »
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. My OH can empathise with you as he did his back in a couple of years ago while he was weighing our suitcases as we were setting off to Kalkan. Luckily I was able to dose him up with anti-inflammatory and painkillers before we went and take a stash with us. It cleared up in 4-5 days, so hopefully you are on the mend now. The pharmacies are excellent and will give you some good advice and treatment as already mentioned.
OH preferred the medicinal qualities of Efes  ::) think it just numbed the pain a little, but he was careful when taking his medications.
Hope you are better soon.

Offline Bee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 07:45:18 AM »
Try and get to one of well being centres for a deep muscle massage. It should help to relieve the pain. There are a few in Kalkan. I have only been to the Lykyia Spa, but there is the Atlantis, Behind Yali supermarket or one on the Kalamar road.

I know how you fee, having had 3 back operations myself. I used magic Fingers in the village, but sadly she isn't there anymore, for a shoulder injury a couple of years ago, and it was almost an instant relief.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Cockroach problem

Started by muckyones on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post July 01, 2013, 10:12:24 PM
by Cosetta
xx
Problem Villa Renters

Started by kevincat99 on General Discussion

32 Replies
Last post July 07, 2010, 11:23:39 PM
by MartynE
xx
Are long threads a problem.....?

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

6 Replies
Last post May 08, 2012, 10:59:40 AM
by hobbo
xx
Problem with Olive Trees

Started by Chris S on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post February 12, 2014, 11:26:57 PM
by Chris S

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal