Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Moonlight Pension & Terrace  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Seanie Prawnie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Moonlight Pension & Terrace
« on: June 28, 2013, 01:08:41 PM »
We travel to Kalkan in two weeks and we've booked the Moonlight Pension & Terrace for an evening meal as the reviews look great on TripAdvisor,  anyone been recently???? :P

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11250.0

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Moonlight Pension & Terrace
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 06:15:05 PM »
Yes, we had a meal there one evening about a week ago.   First time, not sure why as it is very close to our villa.   Views are great, lights of Kalkan twinkling below.   We intend to go and have lunch there on our next visit in September as it is also a fantastic view over Kalkan and the bay during the day (we checked it out when we booked dinner).

The food was lovely and the service was good.   Couldn't find any fault.   It will now be on our list of favourite places (list does tend to grow).

I am sure you will enjoy your meal.   Just remember that if you want to choose from the a la carte you need to go in during the morning so the food can be purchased.    We found plenty to choose from on the ordinary menu.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 08:21:26 PM »
It is an amazing family run restaurant, with Osman's mum doing the cooking.  Such a wonderful family, and the view from the rooftop is one of the best, even though a bit higher up.  They can't do enough for you.  We have had fabulous food there and will definitely be revisiting in a few weeks time.

Jayne

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 10:22:44 PM »
Seanie Prawnie, may I be bold? May I suggest, as a first time visitor to Kalkan that you don't make any more restaurant bookings until you arrive? Moonlight Terrace is lovely but it might not be to your taste....you might not like the menu or the look of the place when you get there and even though others like it...you may not. I mentioned Small House the other day and what has happened to them has not been a good experience for the lovely people that run this restaurant, People were queuing up to book their balcony table after reading reviews before they'd even been to Kalkan, or if they had been to Kalkan before  had never eaten there....or even knew where it was. They had no idea what sort of place it was - traditional Turkish, no frills - and it resulted in the same people who had queued up to book there then queuing up to post bad reviews. Very sad.
Come to Kalkan, have a walk around, look at the menus have a drink in the bar areas of the restaurants and then compare the reviews of...lets face it, strangers...before you make your decision about eating in a particular place. There over 200 places to eat in Kalkan (allegedly) and they vary in price, standard and ambience. You will get to eat in all those you like the look of without booking too far in advance, believe me. I did not have a single bad meal in Kalkan on our recent trip so I think that indicates either very high standards or a very poor pallet... :laugh: I'd like to think its the former :)
I hope you don't mind me saying this......it's just one man's meat is another man's poison. We have good friends who are regular visitors to Kalkan but we don't like all the same places....so just thought I'd throw in my tenpenneth :-*
I'm sure you will love Kalkan and you will discover your own favourite restaurants....and karaoke ;D ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 10:43:58 PM »
Wise words K4E, I think everyone has their favourite restaurants, and we certainly do, but I think very good advice Seanie Prawnie, for your first time in Kalkan, enjoy wandering round the town and making up your own mind, but do let us know what your favourite restaurants are?

Jayne

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 11:57:42 AM »
Excellent comments K4E. Totally agree with you. Exploring what is on offer or available is all part of the holiday experience. Advice on places to go is good but it doesn't beat personal experiences. I do understand that anyone going somewhere for the first time would want to 'play it safe' by ensuring something is waiting on arrival.
So Seanie Prawnie, prepare to be amazed at what you will find.
 ;)
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline lurcherlou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 09:23:17 AM »
I too am looking forward to my first visit to Kalkan - 11 days to go!- and I posted a question recently about 'to book or not to book'. The replies from the kind folk on the forum said not to. We are going to follow their wise advice, we are looking forward to exploring Kalkan, looking at the restaurant menus, and deciding what we fancy on that particular day. This is our holiday and I am not going to start stressing myself out over whether I've booked the 'right' restaurants from the chilly UK  :)

Offline Seanie Prawnie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 11:48:51 AM »
Thanks for all the replies, i would much rather prefer to amble around to see what takes my fancy, however this one was highly recommended by friends that have visited Kalkan before so i thought i would take a punt!   :) :)

Offline Kajfish

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 05:48:35 PM »
We had lunch at the Moonlight Pension/Terrace last week - fabulous food with stunning views.   :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Moonlight Terrace Restaurant

Started by Bob & Jayne on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

21 Replies
Last post May 06, 2013, 02:05:59 PM
by baclava
xx
pension ?

Started by kazaroni64 on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post June 08, 2009, 06:38:16 AM
by Mercimek
xx
oz pension ?

Started by kazaroni64 on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post June 25, 2009, 05:45:08 PM
by kazaroni64
xx
Lizo pension.

Started by fidimax on Accommodation and Hotels

10 Replies
Last post September 05, 2010, 07:03:36 PM
by fidimax

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Istanbul history

Views: 3033
By: bewella
Views of Kalkan