Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Chilled!!!  (Read 4589 times)

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Chilled!!!
« on: May 09, 2013, 08:57:25 AM »
Hi we've been in Kalkan since Monday and have been relaxing and enjoying every second. Normally we come with friends and I get the girlie thing and OH gets the male bonding thing. As its just us, we've been forced to communicate! It took us a bit of time not to talk just about our children etc but we are now chilled holiday makers.doing what chilled holiday makers do!
The weather has been fab, although this morning is a bit chilly.its still tropical compared to Belfast temps, 5 degrees at home!
Most of our time has been spent reading, relaxing, chatting and eating. Catching up with old friends in town has been great.
Did go to Kas for lunch yesterday more food. Every meal we have had so far has been to a high standard.
There has been an unexpected development to our so far peaceful,twosome, we are now three.
We ended up babysitting a puppy at the Villa last night.
I'd called into a boutique to browse the fab clothes and commented on a puppy on the floor. I was told she had been found on the side of the D400 near to death and starving. The owner of the shop was waiting for someone to pick her up tomorrow but needed somewhere for her to spend the night( she has many dogs at home) I made a few, poor thing comments and somehow ended up, taking her back to our Villa.
We are now waiting for someone to come and get her. I have assured OH there will be someone coming, today!! L

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10977.0

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
Re: Chilled!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 10:35:10 AM »
Well done Lilly for showing such kindness to the little critter. If you are in KK on Sunday 12th, I believe that KAPSA are holding one of their famous and fabulous fund raising events down at Kleo. Unfortunately, I won't be arriving until the following day, but I stumbled across one of these events a couple of years ago, and it was one of the nicest day's by the harbour I've ever had. Loads of gorgeous things to buy, and such a wonderful atmosphere - especially if the sun shines for you  8)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 10:47:32 AM »
Well done Lilly, was reading about the poor wee thing on KAPSA facebook page. Absolutely heartbreaking  :(

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 02:28:05 PM »
How kind. And now you have something else to talk about....its odd being a couple on holiday again isn't it....but you get used to it.....we find the alcohol helps!  :laugh:

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 04:55:13 PM »
Hi the puppy was picked up at lunchtime, as promised. She was sweet and hopefully her life will improve from now on. She was skin and bones and very timid and was eating everything in sight!
OH and I went to the market today which was a perfect temperature to walk around in. Unlike in July, when your make up and everything else just slides off in the heat, and you end up looking like a sweaty panda in a puddle!
Tonight we are eating at Ozlap it's had a refit and we are going to give it a try. We have not eaten there for years but everyone deserves a second chance! Also the drinks cheap, so I'm taking your advice Babs and will drink lots! :angel:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 07:54:58 PM »
Great reports lilly......it was really good of you to dogsit, but I think BH would have jumped at the chance, I'm less inclined because I'm a little bit scared of dogs...sounds like this one was really sweet though :)
We love spending time together in Kalkan a deux....only because we have such stupidly busy lives here that we don't see a lot of each other during the week and then the weekends are a whirlwind! We'll bicker at home about stupid things...and the kids....then we don't have a cross word in Kalkan, we love it :)
Look forward to hearing about the rest of your stay....let us know about Ozalp.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 10:37:27 PM »
I have just said exactly the same thing to a friend this evening.......when we are at home we are like ships that pass in the night but put us on holiday and we always find things to talk about. Last year we had both daughters, a boyfriend and a friend with us in Kalkan and while it was lovely I am really looking forward to it just being the two of us this year and we will be having a trial run in Dubrovnik in six weeks!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 11:11:20 PM »
Hope you have a lovely time Babs :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 09:00:53 AM »
Thanks....now just hoping my poorly foot can cope with the 400+ steps from our accommodation to the old town!!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 09:30:37 AM »
Hi lily, hope you are having a great time.

It's funny isn't it, how we are all alike? The only time OH and I never "fall out" is when we are on holiday. I suppose the pressure's off and we are too relaxed to worry and care about anything much.  8)

What a lovely gesture re the puppy and so glad she is safe and can hopefully, look forward to a long and happy doggy life.  :)

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 09:58:48 AM »
As I write,OH is still in bed, must have been the bonding and chatting session we had in the restaurant last night that's left him exhausted. I now know the offside rule...not and he knows I dye my hair!(joking)
The meal at Ozlap was Excellant. Complementary nibbles to start and a beautiful fruit platter and a almond liqueur to finish, which was very generous of them. We had a main course, a bottle of water a beer and a bottle of Angora red for the tiny sum of 109 lira.
Our table was great, with a fab view of the harbour and bay. There was a big fancy boat anchored. One of the waiters commented, maybe Abramovich! when he saw us looking.
We finished the evening off with a night cap at Merkez and some people watching.
This morning I'm having some me time. I'm going to the hairdresser above Kippa to have a blow dry. OH going for a haircut and shave at Pirat.
On the walk down I'm going via the Mosque to see if I can see the four sheepdog puppies and their mother that KAPSA are looking for. One has a broken leg and needs help. KAPSA know they are about but can't find them! L

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 10:18:53 AM »
And it seems the little pup you took home for the night is going to a new home in the UK.  Fab news.  Thanks so much for caring for her Lilly and giving her a chance in life.  Let's hope the four at the Mosque also find deserving homes.  KAPSA members and supporters have had a very tough week with the dreadful news in Akbel - so good to finish the week off on a positive note.  Enjoy your holiday!

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 04:17:08 PM »
Hi. Yes I heard that someone fell in love with her and are taking her home.
I did look for the four puppies but couldn't find them. They probably only come out at night. L

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 07:31:02 AM »
Our last couple of days have been lovely. Still very chilled and we've been really enjoying our time as just two!
 We had a birthday meal for OH at Mussakka on Friday night. The food was the best so far, fabulous! We were given complimentary garlic bread and yummy dips. As normal we just had a main course, as most days we've had lunch out and it's all just too much food!
 Mehmet brought OH an irsh coffee for a birthday drink, which must have had half a bottle of whiskey in it, unfortunately OH got a bit overexcited with his steaming drink and promptly knocked it over and cut his thumb on the broken glass! OH, bravely, never mentioned his cut thumb and Mehmet brought him another equally strong replacement! How generous.
We had a meal at Sade last night which was very good. The guys who run Sade are also lovely and made us very welcome.
I did a bit of handbag shopping on the way home and may go back for another bag tonight! L

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 11:28:37 AM »
Handbag shopping.....? :o
A woman after my own heart :) let us know what you get and where you went lilly

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 03:46:40 PM »
Well done Lilly on your good deed for Kapsa.
We spent the easter weekend in Belfast(our first visit to Ireland and loved it), it certainly is a cold place isn't it, never known such a cold wind!!
Look forward to next report!
Nicky

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 04:50:00 PM »
Ireland is very similar to Turkey - fantastic, friendly people, great food, wonderful scenary,  -but ..... very limited sunshine!

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 09:23:32 PM »
Hi. Just arrived back in Belfast. It's windy damp and cold. :( We did a wonderful week and really enjoyed the peace and quiet of just being a couple again.
I'm just home and I'm cooking for three starved boys and cleaning the peanut butter from the granite in the kitchen!
I'm missing Kalkan already but not long until we are back. We will be Landing in Bodrum on the 15th of June and will be back in Kalkan on the 21st with the family and friends, 12 in our party then, not so peaceful!
Kalkan4eva, I picked a small mulberry clutch and a Hermes clutch bag. I couldn't decide so I bought both. ;D L

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal