Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Turkish bath  (Read 4068 times)

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Turkish bath
« on: April 27, 2013, 06:34:05 PM »
Hi, can anyone tell me the benefits of a Turkish bath? And what is it ? does it include a massage? 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10921.0

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
Re: Turkish bath
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 06:56:48 PM »
First of all it's great fun - especially the first time when you don't quite know what to expect!  The benefits are that you feel so fresh, clean and ready for the sun (have one in the first day or two of your holiday).  You can book a package that includes a face mask and full body massage with oil after the turkish bath.  The cost is usually around 90 - 100 TL and it takes around 2 hours. If you have that then your skin will be even softer and you will feel fantastic afterwards.  I always go to Atlantis but there are plenty of other choices.  My advice is to go for it!

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 08:04:57 PM »
Thanks Reygirl, it sounds wonderful but can I spend 2hours inside on my 1st day :(
Also what does it consist of ?

Offline Helshe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 09:01:46 PM »
I love a turkish bath and usually go to atlantis, however I have also been to the one in Elixir hotel. It consists of a thorough exfoliation after spending a few minutes relaxing on the marble slab, then a thorough wash with soapy bubbles followed by a fantastic massage. The benefit of having it at the beginning of your holiday is that you are really relaxed, all your tensions are washed away. and your skin is ready for a great tan

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 09:53:31 PM »
We are a family of sunworshippers but we really enjoyed our Turkish bath on the first morning of our holiday last year......definitely worth spending an hour or two indoors....will probably do the same again this year, at the Atlantis.

Offline michelle from newcastle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 09:56:32 PM »
is 90 to 100 the right price im sure i only piad about £10, 2 years ago (was icmeler though) xx
Michelle x

Offline Helshe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 08:58:59 AM »
I think I paid 90 YTL last year in September at Atlantis which works out at about £34

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 09:45:04 AM »
Hi Lynne

I think you should spare the two hours (max - maybe a bit less).  It's all part of the holiday experience.  You might be glad of a bit of respite from the sun by mid-afternoon...

Michelle - you can get just a Turkish bath for around £15 in Kalkan - the 90 TL package includes face mask and full body massage with oil afterwards.

Offline michelle from newcastle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 06:36:08 PM »
Ah thanks that makes more sense. X

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 06:40:41 PM »
I too will vote for Atlantis, I usually just have the bath at the start of the holiday to cleanse my sin then at the end I go for the full works of bath & massage. They do advertise the price in sterling which as others have said is about £34 and something like £16. They have male & female masseurs so no need to worry. Go for it you won't regret it, if you were a man I'd also recommend a shave which is an experience in itself, don't think I'd risk a haircut though.

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 08:49:57 PM »
Thanks Pompeyalbie, my husband and brother-in-law both had shaves and hair cuts last year , I think in  Sweeny Todds by the 2nd roundabout . They loved the shaves and as a hairdresser the cuts were not bad . Very cheep I think 2 shaves and a haircut was £18 altogether .

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 09:09:33 PM »
I thought the price list at the Atlantis looked a bit steep when I was there recently.  Last July I had an amazing Turkish bath, exfoliation, soap massage, facial, oil body massage - the full works - at La Sera Wellness Centre on Kalamar Road, opposite the Aqua Cafe. They were doing special offers, and I remember paying around £30 for all the above - plus I left a nice tip for such good service.

Offline kalkankiki

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 09:24:45 PM »
With the Turkish Baths in Kalkan you are really paying for the surroundings - so the more basic setting of the Atlantis reflects in price, verses the top end but very beautiful locations of the Likya Residence Spa and Kalkan Regency, roughly twice the price for the basic Turkish Bath treatment.
The choice is all yours...

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 12:02:16 AM »
I must say though Kalkankiki that the Patara Prince of all places offers a very good Turkish bath at a very reasonable price.  I actually didn't like the Regency much as it was so isolated in this huge room with no-one else there, and we weren't made to feel very welcome.  The Likya offers a very good service for a massage and meanwhile OH can use the indoor pool and other spa facilities such as sauna etc. nIce for a hot afternoon out of the sun. Quite expensive though! The lunch is lovely but the restaurant tends to be empty even at the height of the season (I expect residents have been well fed at breakfast!!).  Haven't tried the Atlantis yet but may give it a go this year. Any reports greatly appreciated!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 10:24:35 AM »
Another vote for Atlantis...its the nearest to an authentic Hamman in Kalkan - not bothered if I can get it cheaper elsewhere, to be honest. There were a few members saying the Pirat was good last year - try the search facility and you will get lots of information and reviews of the various places that offer turkish baths. I don't go the the face pack and massge with oils, just the basic scrub. I've also metioned on here that the "mud baths" on the boat trips are perfect for softeneing the skin - providing you remove the mud with the tiny stones in the sea.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 12:00:02 PM »
Must try Atlantis then this year.

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 06:09:48 PM »
The first time I tried Atlantis the receptionist was an English lady with her Turkish husband doing the bath, he worked for Fenerbache I think. The massage was done by another lady. On my visit in October it was a different set of people altogether with the massage being done by a man who was pretty good at getting knots out of my shoulders, I'd driven to Fethiye & back that day so was pretty tight. Atlantis is pretty close to where we stay so is very handy to visit.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 09:38:15 PM »
We also love our Turkish bath on our first day of hols. We stay in the Pirat so use the one in the hotel. Also love to have the oil massage afterwards, it sorts out my knots in shoulders and as previous posts say, it just relaxes you for your hols.
Nicky

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Turkish Delight??? Turkish Bath/Spa answers needed please?

Started by iminei on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

12 Replies
Last post August 23, 2010, 01:28:15 AM
by iminei
xx
Turkish Bath

Started by Sezkalkan on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

9 Replies
Last post July 04, 2016, 01:37:21 PM
by Sezkalkan
xx
Turkish Bath

Started by nitram on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

4 Replies
Last post September 08, 2011, 01:26:29 PM
by nitram
xx
Turkish Bath

Started by phil3 on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

4 Replies
Last post September 09, 2013, 10:58:41 PM
by phil3

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal