Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: is kas worth a visit  (Read 3248 times)

Offline craig3166

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
is kas worth a visit
« on: June 14, 2010, 12:21:01 PM »
Hi can any one tell me if a day out to Kas is any good and if so whats to see and do there. Ive heard you can get the dolmus there does anyone know how much this is likely to cost .Thanks Craig

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5693.0

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
Re: is kas worth a visit
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 12:36:33 PM »
Hi Craig

Kas is a really pretty town and we tend to go to wonder around the shops and sit by the harbour. There are some great little bars and restaurants and there is a really chilled out atmosphere in the day. There are some historical sights and someone more informed will be able to tell you about those.  Kas comes alive at nightime and is slightly more cosmopolitan than Kalkan. They were also building a new harbour last year so I'm not sure if that's been completed yet- anyone know?

The drive to Kas is also stunning and it's worth going there for that in itself. Make sure you try and stop off at Kapatus beach which is beautiful.

We have always driven to Kas so not sure about the Dolmus but i'm sure someone else can help.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 02:01:38 PM »
The new harbour wasn't finished mid May but was well underway and you can see it on the way in as the new road takes you up above it. There is a lovely amphitheater a few minutes walk out of Kas on the road that leads to the peninsular (from the old harbour, not the new harbour).

For the best views sit on the right hand side of the bus on the way to Kas so you are overlooking the sea, rather than the cliffs.

Offline craig3166

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 06:01:43 PM »
Thanks for the info will definitely have a day out there 

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 06:47:22 PM »
The bus costs 4TL one way, if you get on en route, just pay the driver when you get off in Kas. If you go on a Friday you can also visit the market - just behind the bus station - not much different to Kalkan's market, but lots more fresh produce stalls. Whilst Kalkan feels very British, Kas feels distinctly German - everything is prices in Euros/TL. Not a problem, unless you want to get a sunbed.. ;D ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline bevilj

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 10:08:21 PM »
 :) :) Just returned from two weeks in Kalkan. We hired a Car, and did two trips to Kas. I agree with previous comments, re: Germans. The town is a delight. Two super meals at the Kas Restaurant, overlooking the old harbour. Trip to Maise, easily arranged. We thought the Shops excellent, better than even Kalkan. My pocket is lighter by some, and they are happy to barter in a friendly way.

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 01:39:15 PM »
Defintely worth a visit as the drive itself is stunning.  We went on local dolmus but only problem was there was no airconditiong, if the bus had any driver wasnt using it.  Some others said they went on one of tour company's bus and this did have a/c but it cost a little more but I dont think it was that much.  Also the times vary but you can check this out in the town.  Kas itself was nicer than I expected, some lovely shops and a good atmosphere.

Offline magic3

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 12:06:04 PM »
If you have the time Kas is well worth a visit. As previously said the shops are nice & the harbour area is good for watching the world go round.If you have small children they have a nice shady park too, but most importantly Kas has lamb donner kebabs which are cheap as chips and done as they should be, not the processed rubbish you get in England. Apologies if your a vegetarian. :)

Offline craig3166

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 06:36:05 PM »
Thanks For all your comments will definately  be going for a day there

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Sade Restaurant is well worth a visit

Started by LancashireLass on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post June 08, 2012, 05:49:59 PM
by alisonh
xx
car hire - is it worth it ?

Started by borischelski on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post August 05, 2012, 08:32:08 PM
by Irene
xx
Pamukkale Trip? Is it worth it?

Started by steffi30 on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

9 Replies
Last post September 04, 2009, 10:30:34 PM
by ndwalker26
question
Worth bringing fishing tackle to Kalkan?

Started by Kefgirl on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post October 04, 2009, 09:35:34 AM
by Kefgirl

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal