Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Save money - Air conditioning  (Read 26627 times)

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Save money - Air conditioning
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2012, 07:25:34 PM »
Purchased 3 similar units called airconosense £25 online in UK , appear to work very well, simply pointed the sensor to the ac controller, turned off and on and hey presto turns ac unit off is no movement in room after a set time

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2012, 10:28:05 PM »
Our on site management told us that one of the things that anoyed them was guests in the apartments (all apartments on the development, not just ours) leaving the aircon on while doors and windows were open and they were by the pool or out for the day. We also had also seen units working in other apartments when we knew the guests were out for the day. Consequently we installed the ecosense units in every room (battery operated) for the 2011 season but didn't see any change in our bill and though we had wasted the money buying them.

We reinstalled them for the 2012 season and were delighted to have about 1/3 reduction in the no of electric units used and consequently our bill, despite having the same no of weeks usage in the apartment. We struggled with installation the first year and think we hadn't installed them properly, hence no savings. This year we found the installation easier (had we become wiser or did we just pay more attention to the instructions?). We have it turning off after 15 minutes with no movement in the room during the day and not switching off during the night. All our guests have reported having a great holiday with no complaints so I guess it wasn't a problem to them. To be honest if they were the sort of guests who want to run the aircon all day when they aren't in the rooms then I'm not sure I want them back anyway.

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2012, 10:18:59 AM »
Thats very interesting, saving a 1/3 seems to be a very good return on investment. I agree its the going out and leaving it on/doors open that is really annoying. Kalkan regular can you please confirm which model you have
Isis

chickengeorge

chickengeorge
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2012, 11:53:47 AM »
I want to try these and mailed Airconosense as not sure if they would work on my Arcelik units. Got this(quick reply) back:

'As a generalisation if you have a remote / air-con that has a display when you turn it on and then goes off when you switch off then it will more than likely have two discrete codes. This can be from the same button that toggles the code when pressed.
Unfortunately we are not able to test the unit with all A/C units. The unit does have an extensive library of codes built in and we have had a lot of success with compatibility with a vast majority of units.
We have supplied a considerable amount of sensors into Turkey and are only aware of 1 customer that has had any problems with compatibility.
If you would like to purchase your units to try we are more than happy to give you a full refund if they don’t work with your A/C units.'

Can't ask for more than that. Think I will give it a go for next season.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2012, 03:54:36 PM »
Hi Isis it was the original Ecosense 2000, battery operated. I think it has now been inmproved to the Ecosense 2000 second generation.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
spend time, save money

Started by Baggy on Money & Finance

0 Replies
Last post April 30, 2011, 03:48:51 PM
by Baggy
xx
Air conditioning timers

Started by Kalkan Magic on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post April 18, 2013, 01:13:17 PM
by Kalkan Magic
xx
Ecosense air conditioning units

Started by AnnieP on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post March 15, 2011, 01:47:24 PM
by AnnieP
xx
Ecosense 4000 Air Conditioning Sensors

Started by Cajaran on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post July 01, 2013, 05:47:45 PM
by hobbo

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Hitching a lift :-)

Views: 2923
By: itstime
Kalkan