Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Save money - Air conditioning  (Read 26680 times)

Offline poacher

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Save money - Air conditioning - Eco Sense units
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 11:20:14 AM »
Have had a word with Ecosense and it sounds as if these units are good.   They do two types - one that picks up its power from the A/C unit and sits above it - and has a smoke detector as well;  the other type  is battery-operated and simply attaches to the ceiling in the middle of the room.   I understand that the battery life is 4 - 9 months and is (perversely) worse if the room is unoccupied for long periods.

Has anybody got any experience of these and if the battery life is ok - or better to go for the mains-powered versions which are trickier to install.

Thanks
 ;)

Offline Vally

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Save money - Air conditioning
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 12:35:14 PM »
Can the Ecosense devices work on movement only so the day/night setting is turned off. Reading Anne's posts it sounds like it might be problematic for bedrooms.

Would be keen to hear more experiences.

Thanks

Simon

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 01:07:46 PM »
Hi
Would like to know how tricky the AC ones are to install, before ordering. Also are there any  downsides as Simon has asked.
Rx

Offline Jik

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
    • Emerald Apartment - Kalkan
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2011, 11:08:47 AM »
Hi All,
Has anyone tested these ecosense units yet with Beko AC units?
I see a couple of you have mentioned that you will but understand that we are all probably intending to do this on our first visits in the spring.

Would really appreciate anyone who has tested on Beko units so I know whether to buy as I am going out April 1st.
Thanks!

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2011, 12:02:52 PM »
Hi,
Have taken the plunge and bought 4 to take out in late April.
A friend is taking some out to his place in Spain in a few weeks, so I'll let you know how he gets on!
Rx

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 07:46:19 PM »
Hi Jik and others

The ecosense did work with our Beko AC unit - see my earlier post.  The battery one was easy to install,  we have taken the batteries out over the winter so hopefully they will last through the season. 

If you want to know if a unit will work with your AC unit there are instructions for testing on the ecosense website though they have said they have a new version coming out which will work with all units.

If I recall correctly you only have the option of a daytime setting or a night time setting, on the first the ecosense works all the time on movement and it is inactive on the night time setting as long as it is dark.  Personally I think they will be fine in the sitting room but will be problematic in the bedrooms, if you leave them on the daytime setting the movement from a person sleeping will not, in our experience, be sufficient to stop the ecosense turning off the AC unit, hence the reason they have a night setting.  On this setting the ecosense is inactive and hence the AC stays on or off, which ever mode it was operating on. The night setting only works however when it is dark, it's not on a timer, and therefore from dawn the ecosense becomes active and most probably while people are still sleeping it will turn the AC off.  I think we would get some irritated guests as a result.  So I am going to accept the saving from having one in the living room and live with the cost of the AC in the bedrooms.

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 09:03:16 PM »
The 2000's (battery type) work with some A/C's but not all by a long way, the 4000's wired direct into the internal A/C unit, in our experience, did not work satisfactorily either, the idea is quite obviously brilliant, they just need to be perfected.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline Martin

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2011, 09:55:19 AM »
TRY econoair-eu.com they are setting up an office in Kalkan. You can order in the UK and collect from them locally. This office will service the whole of the Turkish market

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2011, 02:47:38 PM »
Martin is it possible to buy in Kalkan when we're there or do we need to purchase online before going?  Where is the shop located and will it be open in April? Thanks Charlie

Offline Martin

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 02:23:54 PM »
Dear all if you are Holiday lettings advertiser or even if your not you can get 10% of the sense units follow this link or cut and paste http://www.econoair-eu.com/offer/

...if you ad HL and your name away you go ......the prices quoted are the discounted prices you can check the list prices out on the home page! www.econoair-eu.com this is the company who will supply the Turkish Med area  ...and have an office in Kalkan in early 2011.

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2011, 10:12:27 AM »
Has anyone successfully used these with older Arcelik A/Cs ? 
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Vally

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 07:12:45 AM »
I have 2 old Diamond units in my villa and Ecosense can turn both of these off. I have just taken over one trial unit and not attached to the ceiling yet.

One or 2 people have mentioned on this thread that they also act as smoke detectors -I can't see this on their website (or manual) anywhere. Does anyone have a link to that information?

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 11:27:27 AM »
Only the Econoair Sense 4000 has a smoke detector built in.
see http://www.econoair-eu.com/products.php

Stuart
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Tomcat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 08:34:06 PM »
Last October we took out a ecosense unit and 'tested' it on our Cartel and Vestel air con units. At the time everything seemed to work fine so over winter we purchased several more units to take out and fit the following May.  However, once fitted, the ecosense did not work with the Vestel units although it worked perfectly with both the Cartel and Arcelik units.   Our agent mentioned to us that they had also heard of other owners having difficulties with the Vestel units so perhaps others may have had the same problem..

Offline Vally

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 01:21:38 PM »
If you have a problem with an EcoSense unit it is worth dropping them a mail. I had a phone call with a really helpful guy @ Ecosense who talked me through steps to get my units working.

In my case it was caused by user error :)

Offline AnnieP

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2011, 07:33:21 AM »
I, too, have found the after-sales service excellent.  Martin called me from England to talk me through the process and then when I returned to the UK, Hakan came up from the Kalamar Road to check them over. 

Offline Vally

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2011, 07:50:15 PM »
Hi,

We've just got back and the unit we installed in our lounge (beko a/c) works really well. I think it might be a bit problematic in bedrooms though as it continues to send an off signal every time the time period elapses. All of the a/c units in my villa beep when they receive a signal so this might wake people up every 30 mins or so. I haven't got the original manuals so have no idea if I can disable this on the a/c units themselves.

I know there is a night setting but I wouldn't appreciate it going off every 30mins from dawn though.

My recommendation would be to not use in bedrooms unless your a/c units have a quiet mode. In other rooms it wil work really well.

Vally

Offline marygrace

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2012, 06:57:15 PM »
for me we can always save the electricity and the money if we are using the air conditioning units only if we are home so always turned it off if you are no longer using them. air conditioning indianapolis

Offline PhilipSwan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2012, 01:10:16 PM »
You might also like to look at this alternative unit. It is much smaller in size and costs less. It does not have a night-time mode so not useful for bedrooms. However, it has worked great in my sitting room (which has the largest A/C unit) for over a year and seems to have saved me quite a lot of money. My A/C units are Arcelik. Someone I spoke with could not get the Econosense units to work in his villa - but they do offer a money back guarantee.

http://eco-energysavers.co.uk/index.html

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2012, 01:51:43 PM »
We are seriously thinking about getting these motion-detector units... has anybody got any further feedback using them please?

We currently have the key-fob units, but the problem with these is that guests can simply take them off the key-ring and leave the fob in the slot in order to keep the air-con on all day!

Cheers

Martyn

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
spend time, save money

Started by Baggy on Money & Finance

0 Replies
Last post April 30, 2011, 03:48:51 PM
by Baggy
xx
Air conditioning timers

Started by Kalkan Magic on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post April 18, 2013, 01:13:17 PM
by Kalkan Magic
xx
Ecosense air conditioning units

Started by AnnieP on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post March 15, 2011, 01:47:24 PM
by AnnieP
xx
Ecosense 4000 Air Conditioning Sensors

Started by Cajaran on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post July 01, 2013, 05:47:45 PM
by hobbo

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

children

Views: 4224
By: irfan
Adam and daugter