Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Re: 2012 Mouse Island Swim for Nisa  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
Re: 2012 Mouse Island Swim for Nisa
« on: October 10, 2012, 05:45:43 PM »
Good luck to all the swimmers, hope you raise lots of money to add to the fantastic amount raised at the Fener evening last week.   :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10266.0

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Re: 2012 Mouse Island Swim for Nisa
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 06:09:10 PM »
I will be there with all 13 of my family to cheer you on and help the pot for such a good worthy cause.

Here is a good insight to why it's such a worthy cause......

2012 Swim; Those Who Are About To Get Wet Salute You
by admin
Six people honed to the peak of physical perfection!

I think I am recollecting accurately the words of the Voice of Kalkan – that’s John Fedwycszwzcyvjyzcw btw, founder and force dynamique behind local organ Kalkan Turkish Local News.

The bodies in question, lean and hard as mahogany, belong to Teak (too much wood in this sentence), Mustafa, Jim, Chris, Flis and Fi. And if events go according to plan then those self same bodies oiled and “glistening like wet otters in the rain”, to quote London’s calculatingly excitable Mayor on those Olympic Women (‘natch) Volleyball Players, will slip into the waters off Mouse Island early on Thursday 25th October. We will wash up, knackered, some four hours later on Kalkan Beach at around twelve 0’clock. Inşallah!

If you are in Kalkan I hope you will join the fun and help get a crowd up to cheer us on over the last half furlong or so. We will need all the help we can get, if last year is anything to go by. We will be hoping to raise a good sum of money to help support the family of local girl Nisa whose tragic illness has been widely publicised in local media and particularly through KTLN.

If you are a reader of KTLN you may know that Süleyman (the Magnificent) held a dinner at the Fener Cafe on 4th October which has raised a fantastic 18,000 TL. Whilst this is a splendid amount of money, Nisa’s is a tragic case and the costs of long-term support and leading edge experimental treatment are enormous and not covered by insurance to a large extent. So we are powering ahead and looking to raise at least 10,000 TL through our swim. In the event if, for whatever reason, we are advised that not all the funds raised are needed for Nisa we will donate any surplus to the Kalkander Association, to help with their ongoing work in supporting local children through higher/further education.

How to give: If you know any of the those lean, honed specimens of physical perfection (include yours truly) referred to above you can route your donation through them. Otherwise you can donate through the KTLN Trust Be sure to include a reference such as ‘Swim’ plus your ID. I will keep a central record of all donations which will be available for inspection, although where anonymity is requested I will use a pseudonym.

Meanwhile we are pressing on with the training and you will see us, at various times and in various combinations, slogging between Kalkan and Kalamar or Kulube and Furness intent on developing the necessary stamina to stay the course. So far we have spotted (thanks mainly to the presence of Teak, an experienced diver), a loggerhead turtle, a small shoal of (non-hostile) barracuda, jellyfish, a kingfisher and a brown flatfish, a stranger to these waters, that lurks near buoys and similar objets to pounce on passing shoals of tiny fish further down the food chain. No sign as yet though of that native of British Inland Waterways the Supermarket Trolley.

16 days to go and counting..

Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 09:07:54 PM »
Hi Charlie,

Looking at the logs the topic was split by our moderation team so your post should still be about but may be in a different section

Cheers

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 10:09:03 PM »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Charity swim from Mouse Island

Started by Potter on The Everything Else Area!

0 Replies
Last post October 15, 2011, 10:23:37 AM
by Potter
xx
Mouse Island Swim to Kalkan.

Started by Buster on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post October 25, 2012, 05:49:36 PM
by Buster
xx
new years day swim

Started by samson on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post December 19, 2011, 09:09:28 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
charity swim 1st Jan

Started by whiteonyx on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post December 15, 2010, 01:40:03 PM
by BevJam

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Arena in Xanthos

Views: 3532
By: Rosire
Patara beach