Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Where to celebrate wedding anniversarry ?  (Read 2541 times)

Offline ladyliz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Where to celebrate wedding anniversarry ?
« on: September 17, 2012, 10:15:40 PM »
It's fast approaching our first visit to Kalkan and I can't wait. Been to  a few different resorts but Kalkan seems to have lots of choice for eating out.
I've made a list of where I'd like to try but wondered if anyone had anywhere they'd recommend for our wedding anniversarry . Now here's the difficult part. There is not much I don't like to eat my husband however is a plain,fussy eater. He does  not eat seafood,vegetables,lamb,anything in a sauce or anything he does not recognise.  He likes chicken especially wings or a half roast chicken,a good quality burger,pizza,Chinese or a steak very well done. Anyone up to the  challenge of sorting him out for a special meal. He does love a chicken donner kebab in Turkey but that's not what I want for that particular night. If anyone can come up with something it's Enjoykalkan people!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10175.0

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
Re: Where to celebrate wedding anniversarry ?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 10:20:49 AM »
You will find fillet steak on the menu and nearly all of the quality restaurants in Kalkan so your husband should be okay. It's simply a matter of finding the location you want to be in and the setting you'd find most romantic for your anniversary. Be sure to book and let the staff know in advance that it's a special occasion. If you really, really struggle to find something your hubster will eat then you can probably pre arrange a particular meal for him. Most restaurants are quite obliging but perhaps this year you will succeed in getting him to open his heart, mind and appetite to the wonderful Turkish food that Kalkan has to offer. He's missing out if he doesn't!
Cat on a hot tin roof

Offline ladyliz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 08:23:22 PM »
Thanks Firecat. Believe me I keep trying to get him to try other foods. It's a long hard battle! Believe it or not he's came a long way. Even steaks get a thorough examination to ensure there is not a tint of pink. And don't get me started on vegetables!

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 10:05:17 PM »
I suggest you try the Moonlight Terrace (not to be confused with the Moonlight Bar) at the town end of the Kalamar road.  They have a beautiful roof terrace restaurant.  They have a set menu but you can order  ahead and they will cook what you want. If your DH is fussy you can ask them to prepare a  meal to suit his taste. We have had some excellent meals there and will definately eat there on our next visit to Kalkan.

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 12:57:43 AM »
I think I would go out on my own!

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 07:21:00 AM »
Leave him in England !!

Offline Maitch

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 11:20:47 AM »
You have probably been to Kalkan by now, but I would definitely recommend the Aubergine by the harbour.  Last time we went there for our anniversary and, at the end of the meal, we were presented with chocolate cake complete with sparklers - and a bottle of sparkling wine.  When I asked how they knew it was our anniversary, as we hadn't said anything, our waiter, Musi, replied

"You've been here for your last 5 anniversaries!"

I was very impressed that they had remembered.  They are lovely people (as are all the Turks we have come across) and will do their utmost to give you exactly what you want; their food is wonderful and, all together, one of our favourite restaurants in Kalkan - and there are soooo many to choose from!

Hope you had a wonderful anniversary

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
If you wish to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee.

Started by Buster on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post June 01, 2012, 09:17:39 PM
by Buster
smiley
Villa for a Wedding

Started by Wendy on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post October 28, 2010, 04:38:30 PM
by kalkan4eva
smiley
WEDDING 2013

Started by emziem on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post September 02, 2012, 02:11:03 PM
by kalkankiki
xx
Wedding Photographer

Started by pinkyali on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post September 14, 2013, 08:47:44 AM
by pinkyali

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

The Chillies gang

Views: 112
By: pw
Dusk over Kalkan