Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kekova Trip  (Read 5032 times)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Kekova Trip
« on: September 11, 2012, 06:09:36 PM »
I'm thinking of perhaps doing a trip to Kekova and was wondering what the best method would be. We'll have a car so doing the beautiful drive along the coast road isn't a problem, is it best to go to Kas or Ucagiz or save the hassle and do an all in trip from Kalkan? I take it all the tour shops do a trip there.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10143.0

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Re: Kekova Trip
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 11:48:32 AM »
We have done it all 3 ways.If you go to Kas & get a boat it is quite a long sea trip & can get a little rough.If you go from Kalkan on a trip you will go to Ucaciz & then get a boat (usually glass-bottomed).If you drive its about 20min from Kas & you have the option of hiring a private boat(there are plenty) but be aware there is not a lot of parking space in Ucaciz.

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 01:34:54 PM »
I did the Kekova trip with Abbi-travel yesterday.It was a brilliant day out.Picked up at 9 and driven along the coast road to Kas then through the countryside to Kekova.Transfered onto the boat for a mornıng of visiting little coves and swimming.Also boat went into a big cave.I dont actually swim, but no problem, whilst the others were I could relax wıth a book and chat to fellow passengers or just snooze.The boat was very roomy and comfortable wıth sunny and shady areas and the staff were nice.
Back on shore for a wonderful buffet lunch overlookıng the water.Later we got back on the boat and went to Sımena.Some walked up to the castle, others wandered off to the homemade ice cream cafe (that was me).Some stayed on board.Then we slowly drifted over the sunken city and along the coastline where so many ruins are.More swimmimg later and cay and bıscuit break on board.Back to Kalkan 6ish.
Everyone seemed to enjoy the day and commented on the good value - 22 pounds each.We felt we wouldnt have been able to do it ourselves for that price.

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 09:54:36 PM »
Thanks Amber, you've just made my mind up an organised trip it is, shame Abi only go Tuesday & Friday. Tuesday we plan to go to Fethiye for a bit of shopping & market day and Friday is the day we arrive & depart :(. We are planning to go on Yildiz one day so as Mrs P isn't overly keen on boats I'd better space them out a bit
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:26:07 PM by Pompeyalbie »

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 08:42:41 AM »
Don't forget that us EK members benefit from the discounted price of £18 each through ADDA Tours by booking a similar trip to what amber describes above through them. Just call into their office and mention Enjoy Kalkan for this special price.
B

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 08:48:53 AM »
Just been on the ADDA website & found they do 2 trips to Kekova, one includes Myra as well and takes to sea from Ucagiz where as the other goes from Kas. Both prices seem well above the discount price that Bob & Jayne quoted or is the discount for EK members that good? :D How do I claim my EK discount with ADDA? Should I screen print  my profile and take it with me as proof?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:30:21 AM by Pompeyalbie »

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 10:58:44 AM »
Pompeyalbie, we booked the Kekova trip from the UK and they quoted us £18 as EK members, no proof was asked for.  We did print off the email though. We enjoyed the trip so much that we rebooked again while we were out there and again were charged £18, and were not asked for any proof.

Have a great time, we did the boat from Kas trip, which was wonderful, and would certainly do it again.

J

Offline suziq

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 11:52:53 AM »
Just to mention another company that never seem to get a mention on this forum. They are AL & TU. They are based down at the harbour at the Pirat end. We used them for our Kekova trip and all our car transfers. They also do all the usual tours. Price wise they compare with all the others but most importantly they were very friendly, professional and punctual.

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 03:23:03 PM »
Thanks Suziq, just found their website under Kalkan Pond and they do a varied amount of day trips, always best to shop around and learn from others experiences. Are there any other tour agents with websites?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 03:39:50 PM by Pompeyalbie »

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 03:47:40 PM »
Try:
http://www.ikalkan.com/ - Kalkan Business Directory - Tourism
Quite useful from your smart phone out there if you have wi-fi.
B

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 03:53:12 PM »
Difficult to compare trips on price alone.Companies use different routes (some usıng less fuel) and also different lunch arrangements.Some lunch on the boat and others visit a restaurant.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kekova trip and jeep safari trip?

Started by HolmfirthNicky on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

12 Replies
Last post September 23, 2011, 05:59:12 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
Who does the best Kekova Boat Trip?

Started by Bez on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

8 Replies
Last post June 19, 2012, 03:21:41 PM
by Skunk
xx
Kekova boat trip

Started by chickengeorge on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post June 02, 2011, 06:09:14 PM
by chickengeorge
xx
Boat trip from Kekova

Started by M n M on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post October 12, 2011, 11:22:24 AM
by M n M

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal