Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Buildings & Contents Insurance  (Read 5789 times)

Offline Mister Barnacle

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Buildings & Contents Insurance
« on: February 18, 2008, 07:09:34 PM »
Hi,

Can anyone offer advice on insuring turkish property.

I have two quotes, 1 from Insured Abroad, 1 from Axa Oyak through DenizBank.

Turkish is approx £50 cheaper, but not sure whether cover is as good. Can you get DASK seperately and how much is it?

Any help appreciated

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1133.0

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Buildings & Contents Insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 09:21:12 PM »
Hi Mr Barnacle, I can recommend the Anadolu insurance. It is for buildings, contents and the compulsory Earthquake insurance. There is more information on page 2 of this section under "Contents Insurance". I am sure if you contact them, they will send you a quote and then decide which company and policy suits your needs and pocket. The policy from Anadolu is printed in English so you know what is covered and the terms etc. Hope this is of help.
Joan

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 09:54:14 PM »
Hi Mr Barnacle - I''m with Joan here - we use Anadolu and the DASK earthquake insurance which as Joan says is compulsory!  We organise that through Ali Tunc the accountant - whose office has now moved down to next to the Deniz bank (as you look at the bank - to the left) - although you will probably need a turkish speaker to help you - as he doesn''t speak a lot of english - alternatively - it can be arranged through your turkish lawyer - the first year - Alp gunal arranged it for us!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 06:50:09 AM »
There is now an insurance office in the parade of shops just below Kartin supermarket on the site of the former internet cafe. This office offers a range of insurance services, including Anadolu, they speak english and will do everything for you if you are buying insurance
 lantana

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 10:56:02 AM »
Hi Lantana has the internet cafe moved to another site?  Was quite handy for us.

Offline Mister Barnacle

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 02:05:40 PM »
Thanks everyone - I missed the thread on page 2, so really useful

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 06:15:11 PM »
You''re welcome, and I have learned some thing too, so I will know where to go to renew my Insurance and not go to the old place - thanks Felicity and Lantana.
Are there any other changes (like that), that my be of interest?
Joan

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 09:20:53 AM »
The internet cafe has relocated to the centre of the village. I made a mistake in my description of the location of the insurance office, it is in fact next door to the old internet cafe, the internet cafe is now a computer sales and service shop.

Lots of other changes, the new (formerly Sevil) supermarket has opened and there is  a superb new butcher, very high quality meat, English speaking, a very, very clean shop and surprisingly reasonable prices. This is just two doors down from the new supermarket (now called Tesko)

Plans are in hand for  a new medical centre and two new banks but as always with Kalkan, we believe it on the day it opens.

Lantana

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 11:25:32 AM »
Mister Barnacle - yes you can get DASK insurance separately. We split our insurance last year between Intasure UK and the DASK from Ali Tunc. It cost 79 ytl.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 12:15:27 PM »
baclava were you happy with Intasure and are their prices comparitive with Turkish companies? Good to know you can get seperate DASK insurance. Thanks for that.

Offline Mister Barnacle

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 02:47:30 PM »
Once again, thank you everyone for your input. this really is a cracking forum.

I''ve finally sorted out the insurance - as Baclava, I''ve used Intasure and will sort the DASK when I''m next out.

The reasons for going down this this route are primarily in the first instance ease & convenience as I''m not out to Kalkan until April & needed to get it sorted. We''ve not long bought our place so this is the first year. I think trying to sort out Turkish Insurance cover from the UK would have been difficult - as has proved the case with DenizBank/Axa. Not because of anything other than the language barrier I must point out.

I can obviously get the DASK sorted with Ali tunc by the sound of it when we next come out and also give me the chance over the next 12 months to way up the options for year two.

Certainly, Intasure has compared favourably with the DenizBank quote taking into account the additional protection offered, e.g £5 million public liability, Accidental damage cover for both us and paying guests, emergency travel cover, etc. Both quotes included Earthquake top-up cover. Also paying from the UK would have involved bank charges, so the end result was virtually nothing in it.

Total building & contents cost was £178 for a 2 bed duplex apartment - don''t know how that compares with others?

They also have an office in Istanbul, if needed to sort claims out.

They also tell me that they are planning to be able to do DASK later on in the year?

Anyway, I''m insured which is the main thing!

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 11:02:39 PM »
I have today received mail from the insurance people in Kalkan reminding us that our house insurance policy runs out on April 20th.

We can renew the policy on line with our credit/debit card.

Has anyone else done this and if so was everything OK using your card for payment and how did you get the new policy.

We are next in kalkan 25th May, this would be to long to wait until we are in kalkan to renew the policy in person.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 11:34:07 AM »
If you are insuring with them Intasure can now arrange the DASK. You send them a copy of the TAPU, Passport numbers of the owners and the address of the property. They get it done in Istanbul and let you know the cost, separate to the other insurance.

Offline Honey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 12:07:43 PM »
Hi Begonvil
Yes we did the same.Dont know if it''s the same firm but they  sent us a reminder & we paid with our credit card.Have asked hubby to get in touch with them to request the policy but think he forgot.Will have to get on to it.

Offline Jik

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
    • Emerald Apartment - Kalkan
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 05:30:28 PM »
I insure my apartment through intasure in UK, they provide Dask. It was very reasonable and very easy. Apply online they call you back and you have a contract in a few days, I know of many people using them and all have had good experience.
www.intasure.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Buildings & Contents Insurance

Started by Lou on Living In Kalkan

8 Replies
Last post June 02, 2009, 10:44:00 AM
by MartynE
xx
Buildings and contents

Started by clarborough on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post December 01, 2008, 12:29:23 PM
by clarborough
xx
Contents Insurance

Started by clooneyrooney on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post May 18, 2010, 10:25:00 AM
by clooneyrooney
xx
HOUSE CONTENTS SALE

Started by Moondarra on Classifieds - Available

2 Replies
Last post March 11, 2014, 03:22:50 PM
by Moondarra

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal